Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia: New Players Edition! Mafia Win!

1141516171820...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    DeKay gonna give you a rundown on the game for me. I wanted to vote you out on day 2. Solid evidence is impossible to get in this game so anything sus I was gonna act on. I knew you were a dangerous and savvy player so I really wanted to know one way or the other if you were mafia. I was sus of you when you asked everybody a question on day 2 except for Cobbler. So I suspected that DeKay and Cobbler were mafia buddies, because you took a long time to answer my question of why you didn't ask Cobbler a question. I wasn't really satisfied with your answer that you didn't have a question for Cobbler. I know you're a pretty smart and savvy player and I had no doubt you could have come up with a question for Cobbler if you really wanted to ask one. My problem was getting votes to support me. Only 2 or 3 players voted day 1 so I seriously doubted that I would get the support to vote you out. Dangerous as you are, I definitely didn't want to swing and miss.

Then when it turned out that Jonathan was mafia and you had voted for him, I switched my sus to Jonathan and Andrew being mafia buddies. When Andrew turned out to be a townie, I strongly believed you were the remaining mafia player. I had the same problem as before believing I wouldn't get player support to vote you out. I thought that if Rowan abstained from voting again, I could get you by voting for you first. But Rowan blew up my game when she quit. So I found myself at the mercy of a new player who had no idea of the sequence of events and voted against me.

At least Nerd voted. It was really kinda frustrating for me that only 2 or 3 players were voting most of the time. Hard to do anything when the votes just aren't there. My hat's off to you to be able to navigate that situation and come out on top. Once again, you played a great game and certainly deserved to win! :)

Ah, I see. Yeah, I honestly really didn't have much to ask Cobbler. :D Maybe it's cuz they were sus of you on D1 (? or was it D2?) I could have asked her that but I also didn't want to fuel anything yet and make her turn on me instead.

I feel like if I ask too many questions, people would also start questioning me. So I usually like to ask the more inactive players, or the players who I suspect are bad (or who I can frame as bad).

Plus, this the first time you're playing with me so you won't know but yeah, most of the time, I don't actually ask everyone questions. I just randomly pick a few that stand out. And maybe due to the small number of players here, it looked like I purposely left out Cobbler for a reason.

I was kinda surprised Nerd voted you instead of me; I thought for sure I was gonna lose, since I was already cornered. 😅

I forgot to say that yes, Mouse did tell me about the time you and Ice were mafia buddies and you voted Ice out without telling him. But I think Mouse told me that after Jonathan was voted out. I may be wrong on that, because I don't remember for sure.

Haha, oh yeah. I didn't tell Icey cuz in that setup, the mafia didn't have a day chat for some reason, so I had to make a choice between saving him and potentially making myself look like his buddy and losing, or killing him and winning for our team.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    But like honestly, people who know me as mafia, would know that I don't just always kill my buddy for no reason. Like, the mafia team can win faster if you have all your buddies with you.

For example, if it's like 3 townies left and against two mafia, if town miseliminates, mafia will win straightaway cuz they take up half of the population left.

So yeah, in case it makes me look like someone who would just kill my buddies, I'm not like that. It's always a very hard decision to make and I have to make sure that I can actually pull thru all the way till the end by myself.
    832XG3D.gif
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Makes sense. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't aware of the "killing off your mafia buddy" strategy until it was pretty much too late.
    Makes sense. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't aware of the "killing off your mafia buddy" strategy until it was pretty much too late.

Yeah, it is. XD But it's such a gray area too. Like if I vote out a mafia next time, would you think I'm the buddy or I'm an actual townie, ya know? :D
    832XG3D.gif
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Not necessarily, each game is a game of it's own. If anything, I've learned to expect the unexpected as nothing it seems is what it may appear to be. Which is what makes the game so intriguing and so challenging.
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I can’t remember if someone already posted this here so I’ll post it here again if someone has. Here is the link to the Masterlist. If you would like to play again, this is where we list our games and volunteer for hosting. It’s a good way to find out when the next mafia game is and an easy way to get a link to it. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957451/mafia-masterlist-last-updated-11-29-20#latest
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hi everyone. Good game. I was surprised by the revelations after I was killed. Well played DeKay, I was completely fooled! Luv and Andrew my apologies for thinking you were mafia. 🙂
    Thank you again for inviting me and many thanks Song for being my mentor. I enjoyed being a part of it.