Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you more of a gameplay or a CAS/build mode player?

Comments

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am all about building in this iteration, the only fun i could get from it right now. I actually feel like i have hope to become a good builder this time around lol.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Gameplay most the time, but when I'm bored and can't get interested in the game I'll spend more time in cas and build buy and just spend days building houses I'll never play with 😂
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2020
    I play them about equally. I don't build a house from scratch for every family I play now, like I did when I was younger, but the amount of time I spend in both CAS and BB versus live mode has become fairly equal during the era of 4. Prior, I was a lot more live mode centric. Sure, I built and designed sims plenty, but the vast majority of my time was always in live mode.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Building really is a lot of fun in the Sims 4. When I played the Sims 3, I never really bothered with building. I didn't build much when I started playing the Sims 4, but I do get bored with gameplay fairly often so I've really been working on becoming a more skilled builder and it gets more and fun the more I experiment. I started watching tutorials or just looking up more unique ways to build and that's really kept me engaged playing the game since I feel like I tire of gameplay interactions pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I honestly can't pick one, because I love CAS just as much as gameplay. My gameplay revolves around scenarios (no storytelling), and so who I create in CAS has a direct effect on it
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I am into whatever strikes my mood. I have Sims that I've been working on for days and lots that I have been building for months. But I also enjoy playing the game.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    edited November 2020
    It's been a looong time since i touched gameplay, i only currently use it to playtest my lots. I'm too busy renovating Willow Creek, no time for Sims, lol.
    iioe9yF.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Gameplay and Build mode. I like CAS, but I get super lazy (unless Im in a CAS mood) and more often than not I just want to be done already.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited November 2020
    I build most cause its easy to get into for hour or 2 without really getting too invested and i often have house ideas over other ideas

but its with intention that I will use those lots in gameplay later when i get deep into storylines and such

i don't really spend much time in cas though cause idk i just find it kinda boring most of the time but sometimes i set out to create character or 2
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Gameplay is everything to me. I bought the Sims 4 to play it.
    I love making Sims in CAS and I mainly play with my own Sims, but I never delete any premades or townies. I can't build anything, I download buildings from the gallery.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm more of a cas person. I like just going into cas and try to recreate sims from past iterations or just use randomize and
    start playing with the morphs and start building my sims and who they are s a person.

Build is also fun by I enjoy decorating more then building. Sometime building can be hard for me cause I never really know how I want my floor plan to be.

That said I can't be in cas and build for too long as I end up burnt out so I need a break and will spend a few hours actually playing lol
  • Options
    Luger81Luger81 Posts: 7 New Member
    Gameplay all the way. I'm not very good at CAS or Building.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    CAS and building. I spend a great deal of time setting up my worlds and the people in them. Then I spend a fraction of that time getting disappointed and quitting the game.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Definitely gameplay. I enjoy creating new Sims and planning an environment for them, but I love using them to tell stories in my head or just to simply mess around to see what happens. I tend to get very invested in them. It is hard to watch bad things happen to them (although I know I have to let them happen to keep it interesting). I enjoy playing with new packs too.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Definitely more of a player. I am creative with stories but not with building or even creating sims.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    It's pretty even with me. I spend time creating my Sim families (thank you EA for the parental generator) and then I spend time building their abode. Every now and again, if I get a little bored of the surroundings I'll do a bit of a remodel or change the wall dressings or some furnishings. I'll even change out a Sims' wardrobe, mostly upon aging them up. But, I spend a great deal of my time actually playing the game, too. I generally have story goals in mind as I play.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Gameplay probably more-- I like building too, but often I'll get a lot the way I want it and then just leave it that way forever. I like playing with a starting point for a story in mind, and then letting the random events and setbacks that happen in the game give me ideas for where to take the story next.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I'm all three. Sometimes I like to create random sims in CAS just for fun. I also play my legacy family and love building houses for them : D
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Since I have a Sim City series background, I'm both gameplay and build mode.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I’ll try to actually play the game, but most of the time, I just get distracted by CAS/BB. XD I might just do that until Midnitetech’s careers have been updated, since a couple of my main Sims are using them.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Both, but tending more towards building.

I really had been leaning toward building recently, and when I get really into a build, it is all consuming! But I (finally) decided to get Seasons last week, and I've actually been really into game play recently because of it. I've turned off aging for my sims, so my world does feel very stagnant, but seasons has really helped the passage of time feel meaningful and there's a lot of fun seasonal game play features that I'm still exploring!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I feel like I spend a fair amount with all three on average. However, lately I've spent more time playing the game. It usually all comes down to what I feel like doing. Sometimes, all I want to do is build. Other times I want to play.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited December 2020
    Building, then CAS and gameplay. I love creating and playing out stories, but I find it hard to get into it in this game for obvious reasons, while Build Mode has really provided me with hours upon of hours of fun and a way to unleash my creativity.

This year, though, I did play a lot more in Live Mode than I ever had before and I really enjoyed myself (I'd still pause to build lots I needed for the story or to give sims makeovers when they became integral to the story). And then I just sort of... lost the drive lol even with the new pack. I tried playing out this story I had in mind and I just got so bored. So again I've just been building a lot.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Both. I run in cycles. For a while I'll only do gameplay.(Gameplay is probably where I spend the majority of my time overall.) Then I get into a "I want to build" phase. (Until I decide I want to *use* the build!)

I never have a CAS phase. CAS is only used to make sure that the Sims I'm going to use have proper clothing according to my tastes. But I don't enjoy doing it. It's just a "necessity", not something I do for fun.

I never download a Sim, but I do like downloading houses to use for the "neighbors" of my gameplay Sims if I'm not in a building mode. (However, that's a different but related question: what do you download from the Gallery?)