Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Grocery Store Game Pack?

As the title says...

I wouldn't mind a game pack dedicated to Grocery Stores. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Would you like a Grocery Store Game Pack? 200 votes

Yes
33%
crocobauraAlexaiCamkatHoneydewcandystormAlrynnSimburiankeekee53elanorbretonPipersfun2UmbralFloweralexandreaJestTrug01denswanalejandro15039fruitsbasket101goodcakebaker62DarkLady2788ldmarkoYautjagirl 66 votes
Yes
2%
SweetieWright_84SheriSim57KBsimmer79Chicklet453681 4 votes
Justine Keaton
12%
Bluegaylevancanuckfan86IceyJSimpatsyannIsb917MeteoraStormalanmichael1akaniki0justdancerebeccaBabykittyjadeSelinaKylesCAPTAIN_NXR7EvaliynMDianaSimsColton147147BreazonaRedShoe7TamakiSakura84MonaveilJasonschick80 24 votes
Where's the no option?
53%
auroraael14bshag4lvJderrick094Kita5399jenpow01SamadamsPlayeralan650111SimmervilleCelticgamer0Bluebeard45WrenryJueJueAyradyssPlayerSinger2010imhappyMi9shaoscarEvilWitch83TheSpotted_CPuddinroyasimbsim 106 votes

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Yes
    I’d actually rather just have the option to purchase groceries and produce like in the sims 3. But depending on what else a grocery store pack offered, I’d be interested
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Yes
    Sure. Why not? It's not on the top of my list of things I want for the game, and it most certainly could have been part of Get to Work but I'd be interested in seeing what could be done to make it fun. Grocery shopping is one of the more boring things in real life, but I'm sure someone in the community would really love it. Would I buy it or not is a different topic all together.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Honestly I don’t want one, to each their own though. I don’t like grocery shopping in real life at all (I use a service for it now), so I kind of like that my Sims dont have to go.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Why? it will be almost pointless. I know im the only one, but i dont want anything at all, the only thing i want are fixes to the game before thinking on anything else. I cant imagine the pain that will be to have a grocery store pack in top of the hyper bugged game we have already.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I went with no because 1) though a grocery store would be a new lot for sims to visit, I could see the sims team boiling down your purchases to clicking on the cash register to pull up a menu, 2) there’s already alternate ways for sims to get meat, fruits, and vegetables without having to visit a grocery store, 3) the sims team could just skip building a real grocery store and make it a rabbit hole like in Sims 3.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    idk id just rather they update get to work retail system that was left really halfbaked since we have retail theme already

like idk itd just feel like my first pet part 2

I would however accept food display things to buy food off

as part of some other pack like farming or whatever

i just dont want whole pack to be about (in my mind) minor feature like that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yes
    If we could build them, I sure would. I could build a 5x5 grocery store where the customers get to select between Can A and Can B--those are the only items in the store
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yes
    Wrenry wrote: »
    I went with no because 1) though a grocery store would be a new lot for sims to visit, I could see the sims team boiling down your purchases to clicking on the cash register to pull up a menu, 2) there’s already alternate ways for sims to get meat, fruits, and vegetables without having to visit a grocery store, 3) the sims team could just skip building a real grocery store and make it a rabbit hole like in Sims 3.

We already have shopping directly from the fridge. It doesn't get more rabbit hole than that. If they add a grocery pack I hope they revamp foods so produce costs more if it's out of season and that sims don't get fat so quickly if they eat anything else besides salads.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Justine Keaton
    If we could build them, I sure would. I could build a 5x5 grocery store where the customers get to select between Can A and Can B--those are the only items in the store

Let me ques.. Can A and Can B , both might include some very questionable products? :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Where's the no option?
    It was fun going to the grocery store to buy a Birthday Inferno cake and a rubber duckie, but I don't require an entire pack.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Yes
    Wrenry wrote: »

Yes, the rabbit hole grocery shopping in sims 3 was perfect! I haven't played the Sims 3 in so long, and my game was SO SLOW so I don't feel like I always appreciated all the features, but I miss the graveyard lot that was included with the game and the grocery shopping rabbit hole for sure. And of course I miss the open world, which I know many people have stated before.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Where's the no option?
    A whole game pack dedicated to grocery stores seems kinda hard to fill out. I do miss the idea of grocery stores, but I feel like they should come as an update to Get to Work or something, since it already has a retail system. I also like the rabbit hole grocery stores from TS3. I don't really NEED to go in with my sims to just buy some produce. A rabbit hole works fine enough.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Is that really need to be in its own pack though? include them in Farming expansion pack.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Where's the no option?
    No. I found the grocery store in ts3 pointless besides buying the rubber ducky. I wouldn't mind if they updated retail so you could have a more realistic grocery store set up but a whole pack for grocery stores no. I can see players already complaining that it it just rip from the retail system, which it is.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    I would like groceries and harvestibles to be more important. Sims 2 groceries were a little annoying, but realistic enough. Sims 3 was even more realistic and I liked it, but could be annoying as well and I feel were more dependent on cooking and favorite food mechanics. I feel like anything with a focus on shopping need UI improvements that allow us to type numbers rather than click for eons.

So on one hand, I understand picking a GP because it feels like it needs some more mechanics to be worthwhile, but I do not have faith that it would turn out well with a lot of good gameplay. (Plus what kind of world would come with grocery shopping?) I feel it is definitely more SP territory. Laundry Day stuff especially comes to mind, since it added an opt in household mechanic.

So, yeah, bring on Grocery Stuff or service it well when included within another pack.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    I think stores should be more essential. Instead of clicking on the fridge & having food magically appear, they should have to go to the store to buy ingredients.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I would like a backyard farming plus grocery/farmer's market packs more than a full farming pack.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    roSt62W.png

󠀡󠀡^󠀡󠀡
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited December 2020
    Where's the no option?
    Maybe if it were just a stuff pack with that new lot type? 'Cause other than taking our sims grocery shopping a few times (I don't see how we could make that interesting more than once), I can't imagine it would be that different from running a retail shop, gameplay-wise. Or if we wanted some supermaket-related BB items, I'd rather they come as a small part of some other pack with a family theme or something.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes
    I don't know if a game pack is necessary but I do think we should have to buy the ingredients to make meals. I think I stuff pack could cover grocery stores.
  • jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    Where's the no option?
    Really don't see the point of it, don't feel it will add much to the game. Now if they did a downtown like shopping experience with other places to visit as Sims 2 had it would be worth it to me. I miss helicopters and cars like it had also.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Justine Keaton
    If they actually did it like Sims2 where they had to purchase all their groceries or go hungry.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Where's the no option?
    So far I don't have any interest in retail stuff for The Sims.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I really want grocery stores in the game, but it would have to be a really strong system to deserve its own GP in my opinion. I'd rather see it as a feature of a country/farming expansion like someone else said. And if they implement them in a small way/make grocery shopping a rabbit hole activity or delivery service, I think it should be a base game update :)