Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can access the S3Store just fine from my computer. My wife can't!

My wife has tried several different browsers, every single time, whatever browser she uses, the Sims 3 store says that it's down. And I can get on the Sims 3 store just fine. So what is going on with this? She's trying to gift me with something right now and she's getting rather ticked off at this error.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    Try removing the cookies/browser history.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Are the two of you using the same computer? What happens if she tries to sign into the store in a private window on your system? The store decides to not work for a lot of different reasons, so it's hard to troubleshoot without narrowing things down at least somewhat.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2020
    We each have separate laptops, just the same internet connection and I'm not logged in right now.

I told her to do the erase the cookies/browser history. She's reluctant to do it because she can't remember the passwords of all the stuff that she got into. But that may be the only way that we can access it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited August 2020
    Ask her to login on your computer. It's the fastest way to find out whether the problem is her account or her system, and that way, she won't have to delete her cookies or browser history. A private window won't use existing cached data.

Also, now's a great time to start collecting those passwords. You never know when you might have to wipe your system, or it'll get wiped by accident, and it would be awful to lose access to all those sites.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    I came here because I was having the same problem. I checked my other computer and the store came up fine. I came back to this one and deleted cookies and site data for the store only. It worked for me.
    On Firefox
    - go to the tab with The Sims Store
    - click the padlock at the left of the address bar.
    - click "Clear Cookies and Site Data..."
    - reload page
    - login
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I was having trouble yesterday, but seems to have cleared this morning I can access it just fine now
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    I find it is something to do with the link. When it plays up for me I go to my studio, that gives me access to My Page and the Store. Then I copy the link to the Store and have it on my desktop so I can get into the store. A few months ago there was some subtle change to the link to the store. I can try my old link and get the message the store is down, then I try the new link and it launches with no problem.