Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want Sims 1 on Origin? Would you pay for it?

Comments

• MortemTheModderMortemTheModder Posts: 13 New Member
    I'd like a 3d version instead. Update it a bit.
    someone is already working on a 3d version.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Just make Sims 5 where you integrate all the stuff from sims 1 to 4.
    I'd rather have a big crossover iteration with things from all 4
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, here's my wallet, take whatever you want, but please, fix the bugs.
    I would LOVE to play this game again, but they'd definitely to sort it out so newer systems can handle it
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I'd definitely get it if it were available! I wasn't even alive when The Sims 1 came out but I still think it'd be so cool to experience what it was like!

Oh wow I feel really old now :(
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Darkwave7341Darkwave7341 Posts: 48 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Yes! 100% Yes! My computer won't run Sims 1 anymore and none of the online downloads worked for me. I really wanna play it again.
    What's the deal with airline food?
  • SpatzSpatz Posts: 41 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Yes, I would pay. Even more than $ 20-30.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Yes, for free though, it's pretty old.
    YES! The graphics, CAS options, and lack of personality/emotions were awful so I'm not interested in investing money in it all over again, BUT I terribly miss the original Makin' Magic with the carnival and creepy NPCs. I also miss the old grocery stores with barrels of vegetables and wish that could be implemented in TS4. Oh yeah and Superstar with the recording studio :( Also, pets in TS seemed more fun than they are now, but I was a child when I played that so could just be that my imagination was better back then :D

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • kuromuhimekuromuhime Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the first sims i miss it so much i will buy it if they put it on sale again
  • kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes, but integrate widescreen and high-res support, and fix the major, game breaking bugs that arise on modern computers. Oh, and for the love of god, update the hotkeys.
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS
  • SpookyGnomesSpookyGnomes Posts: 31 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I still have all of my physical disks, but I haven't been able to get them to work on my Windows 8.1 computer, so I would LOVE if it was in Origin. I wouldn't mind paying for it at all. I just want to play my favorite game again(Makin' Magic)!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I miss my sims 1 so much. My newest laptop has no cdrom. I would love for it to be on Origin, would pay anything really LOL
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Its a fun game even though I own all of it but Making Magic I'd gladly pay for it to run on my current pc. Really I find it more modern than Sims 4 they actually have to use cars to travel.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    I would love it if EA re-released The Sims 1 and I'd pay for it (although definitely not $30), but I think most people wouldn't enjoy this game today.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Yes. I have all the original CDs but sadly they don't work with Windows 10 anymore. I still managed to install it and run it on 1920x1080 resolution. Works pretty well, only thing is that you can't tab out otherwise the graphics will glitch when you come back to the game.

I would pay for a polished version that works flawlessly on Windows 10 (maybe not 20-30$ though).
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • CDrayanCDrayan Posts: 1 New Member
    Sure, though the game would actually be a better fit for GOG. I actually just ordered a secondhand copy of The Sims Complete on eBay, but the problem is the SafeDisc DRM. It won't work for Windows 10, so even legitimate Simmers will be forced to resort to... well, you know. An official re-release would solve that problem.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I agree with CDrayan. I would pay for it on GOG at a reasonable price.
    iscQh5U.png
  • MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    This game is iconic and I definitely want it to be on Origin, but I would prefer it of course to be free. The music of this game is just, I repeat, ICONIC! 💎😇
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I've already paid for it once before and still have all the discs. I can't play it on my current computer but would love to have a go at it again.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Let's add Sims 2 Complete Collection to that. I get it, it was given out for free a while back, but I missed it because I didn't realize they honored the request after the official timeframe. I still don't understand why they won't sell it.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    As others are saying - I'd buy the whole collection for that amount. I haven't played it in ages, so I'm not sure how I'd like revisiting the game after playing the sequels. My memories are very happy and nostalgic, but that doesn't mean it would hold up to my 2020 standards.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I would try to play it of it was updated for win10, could be fun to see how it's all started. For free, though.
  • Violet777Violet777 Posts: 95 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Hejix wrote: »

I loved the original Sims. I still have all the discs but not installed. Not sure if it would work on my PC though. The Sims 2 doesn't. My favourite expansion was Makin' Magic.
    I am MinicartTSR over at YouTube.

Happy Simming! :)
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Hejix wrote: »

I do want a 3D version, or a mobile version, but I think it would be more likely to just have it released on PC. I really hope they put it on EA Play subscription. If they made it a Premium Play subscription only item, I would actually upgrade my subscription just for that. (I have a basic subscription.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    This thread has been going since December 2018. Thanks to you all. <3 The interest for the game is still there. EA, get a partnership with GOG or something, please release the game! We wanna playyyyyyyy it!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Yes i would pay for it if it was on Origin and worked on Windows 10.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Yes, here's my wallet, take whatever you want, but please, fix the bugs.
    i would love a remastered version with bugs all fixed and compatible with modern systems

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top