Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims Have No Boys

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
I'm playing a patriarchy as part of the rules of the Test of Time challenge and the first generation has no boys. The parents have five daughters and I keep having them try over and over to have a boy, but no matter what, they only have girls. If they don't produce a boy, I'll fail the challenge. The household is getting more and more chaotic because there are so many young children to take care of, and there are always multiple kids in diapers. Idk what to do!

My Sims Have No Boys 36 votes

Continue reloading with the next pregnancy until a boy is born
27%
Rflong7lisamwittIObelleCinebarpeterskywalkerwormofthebooksnoepjes1210EgonVMsimesmerizedAyKooChao 10 votes
Accept the five girls and bend the rules of the challenge
8%
mitchiebanjoFoxrox77RedDestiny92 3 votes
Surrender and restart the challenge
0%
Keep having kids until a boy is born
47%
HeyHeyyclassicXcrimeMizzila1297RifftraxRulesAdria22texxx78garapoesEmusimmer32MelsieYTGeekMonkey34B21Demery27RouensimsKcat225GuillaumeSnowLT24GamecubeLover26BettyNewbie1 17 votes
Have the girls get taken by a social worker and continue trying for a boy with less kids to take care of
8%
nathan909090xstxrrysequencechonkie 3 votes
Other (please specify)
8%
DijktafoneTo7mOldeseadogge 3 votes

Comments

• garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Keep having kids, try at least 1 more then you have six. I like the social worker one too!
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Other (please specify)
    Gonna go with other, and tell you hey, how about you play with 'boy preference', similar to what you'd have to do in Crusader Kings when relevant.
    Boy preference means that the firstborn boy gets to claim the vast majority of what the family has, even if he has a ton of older sisters. If he is the lone boy, he gets everything. This also means that if no boy, then the sisters have to share all you have. The first of them who mothers a boy will become the main line of succession.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2020
    But you can try this> Go into CAS for a different household, create a male Sim. I assume your all girls was because the last few Sims you created in CAS were female. The game sometimes does something weird because of that, and the babies born in game will be one or the other depending on what Sims you were creating in CAS. But create a male Sim and stick them in the family bin. (*you won't have to play them). Then return to your game and see if the next baby born in the game isn't a male. It's a crazy fix but works most of the time. If that didn't work go back into neighborhood view without saving. You never actually have to quit the game, not saving, but can just go to hood view, without saving.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Cinebar I don't think that's the problem because other sims in the neighborhood have had boys; some even have an equal number of boys and girls.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    Try again for a boy and let the mother eat carrots during pregnancy.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @83bienchen That doesn’t work in TS2.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    Sorry, didn't notice you're playing TS2. In that case, it's even easier because you can just save your game before the mother gives birth and then load the game anew until you get the desired gender.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Cinebar I don't think that's the problem because other sims in the neighborhood have had boys; some even have an equal number of boys and girls.

As I said it's a weird thing that happens. Just try it. It's no different than quit without save in order to hope the game generates one or the other.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Other (please specify)
    1 add sim to household the game considers old enough to be a caretaker
    2 move parents out, during school hours if necessary to avoid crying/tantrums
    3 move parents into new home
    4 try again, following TS2 version of carrots. I forget what that is offhand This provides ample sim room cushion

Another way to get space, if you have Simpe, is to tinker with ages of the older kids so you can ship them off to college.
    Another way to get space, if you have Simpe, is to tinker with ages of the older kids so you can ship them off to college.

I- this takes place in prehistoric times... there was no college.

Anyways, y'all can stop answering because I abandoned this save.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    try again, following TS2 version of carrots. I forget what that is offhand This provides ample sim room cushion

No way in Sims 2 to influence gender.

In prehistoric times, there was likely no concept of "last name". And no real heirachy unless you were the alpha male of the clan. But the other males and the female(s) not chosen by the alpha male would likely mate and have kids with each other.

So I wouldn't really consider prehistoric times to really follow patriarchal rules.

So I'd say just roll with it if you get all females until you start getting into the times where it would make sense for their to be a more definite inheritance.

If you haven't already gotten out of prehistoric times, that is.
    @Seera1024 It doesn't matter at this point because I abandoned the save like last year.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Eating carrots and listening to alternative radio will increase your chances of having a boy. Try something fun if you have to rid the girls, like sending them to boarding school.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Eating carrots and listening to alternative radio will increase your chances of having a boy. Try something fun if you have to rid the girls, like sending them to boarding school.

This would work in The Sims 4. However, if you look in the gray bar above the first post, you'll see that the discussion is about The Sims 2. I don't know what you meant by boarding school, because that isn't in The Sims 4 or 2.

Don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes. We'll forgive you.
    > @EgonVM said:
    > This would work in The Sims 4. However, if you look in the gray bar above the first post, you'll see that the discussion is about The Sims 2. I don't know what you meant by boarding school, because that isn't in The Sims 4 or 2.
    >
    > Don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes. We'll forgive you.
    Ah, silly me! I swore I was on The Sims 4, thank you!
    > @EgonVM said:
    > This would work in The Sims 4. However, if you look in the gray bar above the first post, you'll see that the discussion is about The Sims 2. I don't know what you meant by boarding school, because that isn't in The Sims 4 or 2.
    >

Forgot to mention about boarding schools. By that I meant rounding all the kids up and dropping them in a different household, my most common antic.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    > @EgonVM said:
    >

Forgot to mention about boarding schools. By that I meant rounding all the kids up and dropping them in a different household, my most common antic.

Ah. Thank you for explaining that.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Other (please specify)
    just give any prgnant sim 3 carrots when they are 'eating for two' and they'll have a boy. use strawberries for girls

--T