Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA/Sims 3 Steam Sales 🤬

I'm very disappointed in EA Games. The past two Steams sales I've been waiting for The Sims 3 + Expansions to go on sale so that I may complete my collection. The Summer Sale came and that's when EA Games decides to include The Sims 4 into their library of available games and then put The Sims 4 on sale... I knew I just knew that since The Sims 4 came to Steam I would never see The Sims 3 on sale again. And here we go! Now this is the Autumn Sale and still The Sims 4 is on discount but not The Sims 3. The Sims 3 is an 11 year old game! Why would I pay full price for an 11 year old game!? Especially when it's not like The Sims 3 Store is maintained at all...Simpoints also never go on sale. What are you honestly losing by not putting The Sims 3 on discount? This game should not only be put on Discount for the Steam Sales but put on a permanent Discount due to the mere age of the game. This is why I would never recommend EA Games to anyone including my worse enemy!
angrycat.gif

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Oh my gosh, you noticed that too? :'(

The Sims 3 was the first thing I looked up in Steam when they posted their Fall Sale. TS4 had been put on sale like 7 or 8 times already since it's been released this summer on Steam (maybe even more because I stopped counting), but The Sims 3, not once since. I can't believe how greedy they are, because they know the game is that good! I have all the packs for The Sims 3, but I really want other people to be able to enjoy it too at more affordable prices!

I'm now officially worried about Steam's Christmas/Winter Sale. I really hope EA and Steam will put The Sims 3 on sale for those who need to complete their collections!

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    They rarely put Sims 3 on sale, last time I remember was around October-November 2018

Feel like they're really scared of Sims 3 cannibalize its younger sibling.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    if u wanna complete ur collection buy the packs off g2a their way cheaper their or u can visit ur game shops and check if they have sims 3 packs u never know.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'd recommend G2A as well, as this was how I completed my Sims 3 collection.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2020
    I did get some on g2a and got scammed. I purchased The Sims 3 Island Paradise and Origin removed it from my account. 😥 Also g2a wouldn't refund the purchase either even though I reported it and had proof.

p.s. for legal reasons this is a joke.
    angrycat.gif
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    I have been checking on Steam Sales throughout 2020 hoping to get the last of the Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs I need, but since The Sims 4 have been included on Steam I noticed that Sims 3 hasn't gone on sale since, while The Sims 4 has gone on Sale on Steam.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    I did get some on g2a and got scammed. I purchased The Sims 3 Island Paradise and Origin removed it from my account. 😥 Also g2a wouldn't refund the purchase either even though I reported it and had proof.

It doesn't sound like you got scammed, it sounds like EA got jealous that you dared purchase one of their games at a reasonable price from somewhere else...

You shouldn't find the same issue with Steam because they seem more than happy to share.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member

this happened to me but with ebay... i purchased deisel stuff from there and its deactivated although i can still download it. it doesnt show up in my game
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I wouldn't recommend buying through g2a, it's lucky if your purchase comes from a legit seller, some gaming friends I knew in the past got their steam account suspended because 3 of their CD keys that they bought from g2a gets revoked, most likely the seller was buying the CD key using stolen credit card or it was an already stolen keys to begin with.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • vaporvawevaporvawe Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought Hidden springs with simpoints at the sims 3 store. When I had it downloaded I pressed install. I waited for it to install and a message popped up saying "install failed for it, make sure that you have the latest updates" I have not been messaged about any new updates. What should I do?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    vaporvawe wrote: »
    I bought Hidden springs with simpoints at the sims 3 store. When I had it downloaded I pressed install. I waited for it to install and a message popped up saying "install failed for it, make sure that you have the latest updates" I have not been messaged about any new updates. What should I do?

@vaporvawe, it would be best to post this over in The Sims 3 Tech section where there is some very helpful people over there as this thread is about The Sims 3 being on or not being on sale at Steam.

I have provided you with the link to a thread that's created just for new members to be able to post any problems that they need help with for the Sims 3 games... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest

Hope this helps you in the right direction that you need... :)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Same. I want to try Island Paradise even though its notorious for being buggy i want to try. Ive been waiting for it to go on sale but...
    tenor.gif
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Well, I've lost hope.
    angrycat.gif
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    Same, same. I have been looking forward to buying Ambitions and Generations, but looks like it aint gonna happen, as I am not desperate enough for them to pay full price for something that has been out for 10 years. It's a pity that not only has Sims 4 ruined itself, now it's starting to threaten Sims 3 too.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Same. I want to try Island Paradise even though its notorious for being buggy i want to try. Ive been waiting for it to go on sale but...
    tenor.gif

If you do decide to get IP, I advise that you also to go to MTS and download the fixed world, it really really cuts down on the lag with routing issues and makes that world much more enjoyable.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I usually buy the Sims 3 packs from CDkeys, they are usually around 7-12 euros. That way I get my reduced price and EA doesn't get the 20-30 euros they expect from an 11 year old game.

Also you will find that the Sims 3 packs are sold out on CDkeys very often, so I guess people are doing the same thing I am.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I usually buy the Sims 3 packs from CDkeys, they are usually around 7-12 euros. That way I get my reduced price and EA doesn't get the 20-30 euros they expect from an 11 year old game.

Also you will find that the Sims 3 packs are sold out on CDkeys very often, so I guess people are doing the same thing I am.

CDkeys is like g2a. Mixed bag with how legal the keys you buy there are. You may get lucky and buy legally obtained keys. You may get unlucky and buy keys bought with stolen credit cards.

Personally, to me buying from an unauthorized retailer for the higher chance of a cheaper price is not worth the risk of buying a key that was obtained through a stolen credit card.

EA, or whatever game company, doesn't know that the key applied was bought legally by you the player from an unauthorized retailer. So to them, you're the one who used a stolen credit card to buy the key.

If you're lucky, you might be able to reach a sympathetic support person with the game company that banned your account and you'll get access back in a few days.

Worst case you end up like my brother's friend: locked out of Origin. His account got hacked and things were purchased on his account with a stolen credit card. His account was obviously banned and it was SEVERAL years before his account was unbanned.

Is buying the game at such a cheap price worth the risk of being locked out of all of your Origin games for several years if not permanently?
    edited December 2020
    Seera1024 wrote: »

CDkeys is like g2a. Mixed bag with how legal the keys you buy there are. You may get lucky and buy legally obtained keys. You may get unlucky and buy keys bought with stolen credit cards.

@Seera1024 Everyone can sell keys on G2A including unauthorized sellers, so illegal keys are possible. CDKeys on the other hand doesn't allow users to sell keys, they source everything themselves. So if they sell an illegal key they would be responsible themselves and they wouldn't want that.

@Seera1024 Everyone can sell keys on G2A including unauthorized sellers, so illegal keys are possible. CDKeys on the other hand doesn't allow users to sell keys, they source everything themselves. So if they sell an illegal key they would be responsible themselves and they wouldn't want that.

Like I said, if it's not an authorized seller, you can't be sure the keys weren't obtained illegally.

It's up to players to decide if they want to take the risk of using an unauthorized retailer to purchase any game.

It's personally not worth the risk to me. Especially if me losing the bet means I'm locked out of say Origin or Steam and can't play any of my other games that I purchased from an authorized retailer.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    cd keys always gives me a key that is legal.
    bandit5 wrote: »
    cd keys always gives me a key that is legal.

And there are probably people that haven't gotten an illegally obtained key from g2a.

Just because you haven't doesn't mean that someone else hasn't.

Do they say exactly where they get their keys from and how do we know they're being truthful? They don't exactly have a contract with the game manufacturer where they would be penalized if caught selling fraudulently obtained keys.

While they may not be purchasing keys with stolen credit cards, if I accept that they don't, doesn't mean that their sources do the same 100% of the time.

If they were so interested in being legal, they would do the steps necessary to become an authorized retailer.

You can only be sure you're getting a good key if you buy a key from an authorized retailer.

Anywhere else is gambling. The risks on some sites may be lower than on others. But to go around and say or imply that an unauthorized seller is completely and 100% safe with no risks, is wrong. It's not.

I have no issues with players who buy from unauthorized retailers who are aware of the risks. It's their account and they've decided the risk is an acceptable one to them. But people should go into it knowing that there is a risk.

Like I said, if it's not an authorized seller, you can't be sure the keys weren't obtained illegally.

It's up to players to decide if they want to take the risk of using an unauthorized retailer to purchase any game.

It's personally not worth the risk to me. Especially if me losing the bet means I'm locked out of say Origin or Steam and can't play any of my other games that I purchased from an authorized retailer.

@Seera1024 Again see my previous comment. There is a difference between the two sites but that's also not exactly the point of this thread so I'll leave it there.

@Seera1024 Again see my previous comment. There is a difference between the two sites but that's also not exactly the point of this thread so I'll leave it there.

And again see my previous comments.

If it's not an authorized retailer, you are taking a risk of anything from losing money from a bad key to losing access to your entire Steam/Origin/whatever account if you attached the key to that account. Some unauthorized retailers may be fine and will go above and beyond when a bad key is found, but there are plenty out there just looking to get your money and don't care what happens.

And it is relevant to the thread as the OP was asking about sales of Sims 3 and would likely be drawn to possibly purchasing via an unauthorized retailer, especially if the risks are not brought up. As could others interested in the topic who are using google or the forum's search.

I just want buyers to be able to make an informed decision on where to buy things.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Steam just started their 2020 Winter Sale. Nope, The Sims 3 is still not on sale. This is bad.... :(

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Back in the day, you can earn free SimPoints just by binge-watching a couple of ads. That's what I did, and I earned quite a bit of SimPoints that way. That, along with the deals and discounts and sales, allowed me to amass a large amount of The Sims 3 Store content.