Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platforms Inside Rooms?

I saw on Carl's that platforms can be placed within rooms. However, I cannot seem to do it. If I draw a room, then place a platform in it, for example, against a wall, that area is deleted from the room. If I draw a platform first, then draw the room around it, the platform is deleted. How do I do this?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Simmers are having issues with uploading rooms where platforms are touching the walls. Taoron has posted a guide to a workaround for it. It is in these link posts

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17723237/#Comment_17723237
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17722137/#Comment_17722137

Thanks Rose. I just reviewed them. Unfortunately, this is not a solution for me. I refuse to use cheat codes.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    You can try to do a room in the room, with the ordinary room tool. Then use the plattform arrows to raise it, just like a plattform. Remove any walls you do not want. Let me know if you figure it out, or I can post pictures.
    You can try to do a room in the room, with the ordinary room tool. Then use the plattform arrows to raise it, just like a plattform. Remove any walls you do not want. Let me know if you figure it out, or I can post pictures.

I’m not sure you’re understanding.

Draw a 6x6 room.
    Place a 6x6 platform on top of it.
    Now, place a second 6x6 room on top of the platform.

The platform disappears.

I want to raise the entire upstairs room.

That is always plausible, I try though. I think for the sake of understanding you could post pictures or upload your build. I do not have access to my gaming PC for a while though, but perhaps someone else will feel inclined to test in the meantime.

This example is different than from your first post.

I don’t think it sounds odd that plattforms would be exchanged for a room if the latter is placed on top of it. What are you trying to do? Have a 'frieze' made of a plattform in between two floor plans? What about the walls disappearing, that you mentioned in your first post?

What I am saying is that the room tool has the same method for lowering and raising the floor of it, as the plattform tool does; it is the little arrows in the window on top. A room tool will have walls as default.
    That is always plausible, I try though. I think for the sake of understanding you could post pictures or upload your build. I do not have access to my gaming PC for a while though, but perhaps someone else will feel inclined to test in the meantime.

This example is different than from your first post.

I don’t think it sounds odd that plattforms would be exchanged for a room if the latter is placed on top of it. What are you trying to do? Have a 'frieze' made of a plattform in between two floor plans? What about the walls disappearing, that you mentioned in your first post?

What I am saying is that the room tool has the same method for lowering and raising the floor of it, as the plattform tool does; it is the little arrows in the window on top. A room tool will have walls as default.

Yes! Simulate sims 3 friezes. One idea was to fill a medium height room with a four step high platform, leaving normal height room left. But I can’t fill the whole room. The platform replaces the room instead.

I can’t post pictures right now.

Thank you, we have reached understanding!
    When I am by my gaming PC sometime next week I will test this, I have not tried to do that myself yet. Hopefully someone will have an idea in the meantime.