Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can I no longer play TS4 without internet?

Hello! I asked this on the EA answers forums weeks ago but never got a response, so figured I’d ask here. My internet goes out from time to time and I’ve usually been able to access Origin and play TS4 even without any internet.
But for the past few times that my internet has gone out, suddenly I’m not able to play. When I open Origin, it says “Well, that didn’t go as planned. Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it - if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later.” I also notice in the top right corner of Origin, it says “Offline mode.” This only happens when my internet is out. So then I’m unable to launch TS4.
I tried to work around opening up Origin by double clicking the TS4 desktop icon, but it still launches Origin instead of TS4.
I know that with the exception of the gallery, you are supposed to be able to play TS4 just fine without any internet.
Why did this start happening all of a sudden and what can I do to fix it?
Thank you for any help!
NzJhGul.jpg

Comments

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am having the same problem but it just happened m post is above this one.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Sorry below.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    If internet is intermittent, you should be able to load directly from your TS4 icon link without having to open origin to do offline mode. Try turning off your internet connection and loading from scratch. (Either unplug your internet cable if direct or turn off your wifi on the screen)
    What I mean is if it's intermittent, being on and off could most likely mess it up, so load completely offline.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    That happens to me too. When it does I go exit origin, connect to the internet, log back into origin, and select play offline. That usually fixes it until the next origin update.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I play offline all the time. I don't log into Origin unless there is an update.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Try the ts4 icon. Origin is a mess
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    You should be able to play the sims4 offline by going to offline mode in origin. That's what I am doing now while I am waiting for Maxis to fix some of their bugs...

Maybe you need to create a shortcut to the sims4 and use that when origin is in offline mode?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Do you have a desktop shortcut to The Sims 4? If so you should be able to launch from that with or without internet service.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Trying logging out of origin before you use the TS4 launcher. That may bypass the issue. I just had to play off-line two days ago (Thanks for nothing Spectrum).
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The game will not run without Origin. Even with a desktop shortcut for the game Origin still engages. I have auto updates for Origin turned off so I always get a notification when it needs to update. When Origin updates it does not really impact the games you play. My Origin is always on unless I exit it down by the clock on my desktop. I play offline but I do it through the options menu in the game. It's under the other tab.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    "That didn't go as planned" has happened before. Doesn't mean anything. Just restart your computer.

If I want anything from the Gallery, I go online and put the stuff in my Library so it's there when I am offline.

I turn off Wifi completely, restart computer, and click the S4 in my launchpad (Mac). I will be able to sign on (offline mode) of course, but I can play the game as long as I want without worrying about Origin just quitting because of the loss of wifi dropping (which doesn't happen to me).

You will always have to sign on to Origin regardless if you are online or offline.

Oh, I used to play online all the time, but since they are working on the EA Desktop and the Mac Catalina problems, anytime something weird happens, I blame it on that :D Now I am offline all the time.
  • indigo_snap45indigo_snap45 Posts: 45 Member
    yep. it's very annoying. as others have said, it usually fixes itself when i log in through the gallery.