Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your menu tonight?

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    edited December 2020
    I did the Chickpea and bean casserole recipe I found for last night, and because I played with the ingredients to make it more interesting, didn't realize until this morning I left out the main ingredient! Chickpeas :D I clearly didn't need them, the recipe was really nice, I swapped the paprika and mixed herbs for Mexican Chipotle mix and chilies, and did a side of garlic and parmesan tortillas.

Still planning on your Nutmeat patties with curried coconut sauce tomorrow night @PriestessBizarre.

Tonight I'm doing Asian salmon stirfry with noodles.

Also lol at Movotti's gothic puddle!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Let me know how you go with the nutmeat patties, @February11 :)

Definitely. And with the heat at the moment I'll be pan frying them - gently, as I don't want to put the oven on and make the house any hotter. (I could do it on the BBQ, but will follow your instructions).
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    It was a fend for yourself. So burritos it was.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• indigo_snap45indigo_snap45 Posts: 45 Member
    quesadillas, because it's been that kind of day lmao
    Another nice looking recipe @PriestessBizarre. I'll have to give that one a whirl too!
    I'm just about to start to prepare you nutmeat pattie one, and as it's cooled down a lot today, I might just do the patties in the oven so's I don't ruin them!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Well, I did your recipe tonight @PriestessBizarre and it was very nice. I made a couple of changes in the fact I used tomato paste instead of tomato sauce, and I didn't have coconut milk powder, so in the patties I used desiccated coconut and in the sauce, coconut milk. I did do them in the oven in a baking tray with some ring things, and put just enough oil in to oven fry on the bottom, and sprayed oil on the top. They worked out great. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I had a doctor's appointment so I left it at leftover turkey and kale soup with chickpea pasta, with cubed reheated roasted pumpkin. Easy reheated dinner.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Yup, non cook night for me since way back on a Thursday since I used to work until 9pm/10.
    Now I'm home earlier but tradition carries on so tonight was falafal night from the local Turkish. Pretty good.
    Indian tomorrow. My two free cooking night's.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    I did Spaghetti With Rustic Tomato Sauce, it was from a Woolworths recipe. I thought it might need more to it so added some kalamata olives and stuffed green olives. Doubled up on the garlic and it was really good. I can't post a picture as woolies have obviously made it so you cant, but here's a link for anyone who's interested in looking.
    https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/10722/spaghetti-with-rustic-tomato-sauce
    MLgj4Vx.png
    That looks like another good one. I've copied the link and will do it next week. Thanks again @PriestessBizarre :)
    I think adding pictures and recipes has fully improved this thread.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    February11 wrote: »
    That looks like another good one. I've copied the link and will do it next week. Thanks again @PriestessBizarre :)
    I think adding pictures and recipes has fully improved this thread.

You're welcome.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for pictures and recipes. It makes the whole subject that much more appealing, and definitely more inspiring! Of course the link wouldn't do a thumbnail for us, so I screen-shotted the image to place under the link.

I have another new recipe on my menu for this week, using orzo. "New" as in, I haven't made it before. I'll post the link when I've made it.

Yes do that, tonight I'm doing one I found in the Woolworths magazine. Pretty simple, but I've got plans to "play " with it! I've bought the plant based veggie "meatballs", I've never bought them before, and I plan to add red capsicum since the recipes meatballs have red capsicums in them.
    Have you had these before?
    LwBbpLv.jpg

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/10730/speedy-meatball-veg-stir-fry
    MLgj4Vx.png
    No, it was the November one. I just checked. I haven't got the December one yet.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Made a nice Maine fish chowder yesterday, and did garlic pork oven roast and some baked Great Northern beans tonight. Any excuse to run the oven on a day as wretched as this (mist hanging in the air, freezing rain over slushy snowbanks, and a damp chill that brings out all aches and pains).
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Made a nice Maine fish chowder yesterday, and did garlic pork oven roast and some baked Great Northern beans tonight. Any excuse to run the oven on a day as wretched as this (mist hanging in the air, freezing rain over slushy snowbanks, and a damp chill that brings out all aches and pains).

One good thing about miserable cold days, get the oven going, warm the house up and have something really nice to eat!
    MLgj4Vx.png