Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Im confused

Comments

• nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    The Base game is just that. It's fairly barren.

I know this is a few months off but this part really stuck out to me. Just because it's the start of something doesn't mean it couldn't have been better. It's like painting a room for the first time. The first time is definitely going to be bad but over time you would get better. Why does it feel like TS4 with the base game was reverting back to the start? So much was missing from the base game that it really felt like a pretty version of TS1. TS4 could have came with a lot of the things they gave us in patches and DLC without losing much because they still did give it in FREE patches. Having something like a base weather system (something they've had in previous iterations, at least on console) wouldn't have been difficult. Pools, ghosts, toddlers etc could have been in from jump. It was a chance to show improvement and they failed on it. While we got these things now, all over time, it just shouldn't have taken so long. They like to say it's all for people who run the game on lower end computers but is it really or are they just trying to make more and more while giving less and less? Think about it, when you really look at ALL of the other iterations, including versions that were made for console, why do they have more in them or preform good (not great obviously) but they still did more or had more and we had to pay for the DLC but compare those to the ones we have now. We really got what we paid for back then and now, we are paying more and more for a good handshake and small pat on the back. No you don't HAVE to buy anything but a lot of us really love this series and expect more or better when it's our money going into it.

You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    I can only say that batuu was the last expansion pack i bought. I mean, i promised myself that i will not buy not even Batuu, but i did. But im done. Until they decide to start fixing things, im not willing to waste almost a full game price on another expansion. Its ridiculous. And i get it, people complaining about many things but they keep buying... and some expect EA to actually make pressure to fix things? . People dont understand that the way videogaming industry TODAY works is, if they keep getting money, they are not going to invest on fixing things. For my part, i am never going to buy any pack anymore. I dont have money to just drop it off to the trash. Also, the prices of the "expansion" packs are ridiculous high. Really , like they must be the most expensive packs in the entire gaming market. And in top of that, they are broken from the bat.. most of them. But well, keep buying , keep buying and expect things to improve... nope. Thats not the way to do it, fellas.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    @Tantalus A lot of people say they aren't going to buy a pack and do it anyways, myself included lol. I wasn't going to get that first pet stuff and spooky stuff but got them when they were at least 60% off. Batuu though will be a NEVER even if it was free because just no. And Snowy Escapes....yea I got that one half off lol. I am not paying full price for any of these packs when it's not worth it. I know, personally, I am tired of subpar and looking for the quality I know EA can truly give us. Spending hundreds of dollars on all the GPs, SPs, and EPs for the broken game we are receiving...it doesn't seem worth it to me. I know creating a game can be difficult (uhrg I've tried it myself) but these are experienced people working at a multi-billion dollar company that have the resources and hands to really put out something worth the $40 they ask for when it comes to EPs. At this point though, I think a lot of people are just waiting for TS5 and hoping that it will make up for the mess of this iteration.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    when people pays 40$ for a pack, they are just telling ea that the pack is indeed worth 40$. ea won't give a sh#t if these people go to the forums to complain how shallow is the pack cuz the money has been spent. people complains and complains but keep supporting ea, these people really is expecting ea to gain conscience, stop caring for money and suddenly turn amazing LOL i don't understand
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yeah, the new packs that came out this year weren't the best, and the only two I purchased that added to my game without the accompanying bugs that almost always bork everything, were Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting. I passed on buying JtB and SE because JtB was just dumb to me even though I am a big Star Wars fan, and SE lacks depth. How difficult would it have been to make the gondolas more of an adventure rather than an instantaneous effect. To me, that trip up the mountain is as jarring to the senses as having babies instantly transform into children without having been a toddler in between. Those are the kinds of things that have made Sims4 seem emptier and more shallow than the past iterations. I don't expect it to become any better at this point. I take it as it is, I guess. I focus on what makes the game mine, and discard or mod away everything I don't like. But as far as getting excited whenever EA announces a new pack? It doesn't happen these days. I look at it in live plays after it's release, watch the bug report thread to see what it has broken, and more often than not, I shrug my shoulders and move on. I haven't played Sims4 for three months. I decided to try a few other games that have caught my attention instead. And if EA is happy with many fans preferring to purchase new packs at half price, or not at all, then it has only itself to blame if the franchise folds. If this were a concern, EA would increase the development budget and we wouldn't be seeing reused animations and features from past packs in the new packs. That is the main reason why I have stopped playing and buying anything new. I'm sick of paying for reskinned game play features.
    Yup, problem is, at least in my case, i buy packs to make the game bigger, not because i actually like them (im not even a star wars guy...) because the base game is pretty slim. If you dont buy packs, what are you going to play?. But not anymore, for me lol.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    At the beginning of TS4's lifecycle I bought most of the packs that were released pretty immediately. This was mainly because I was used to the quality of the packs from TS2 (I skipped TS3...) and just kinda bought them without question. I knew the base game was just that- a base- and was hoping that the packs would really help flesh things out in the way that TS2 did. It didn't take long until I began to realize how little we were actually getting from these packs (compared to TS2) and became a lot more picky about what I added to my game and would wait for sales... I bought every single pack for TS2, and I've only bought about half of TS4 packs, and some of the ones I own I regret buying.

I still play because I love the franchise as a whole (I've literally played since I was 6 years old) and I'm good at making up stories in my head. While TS4 is imo the prettiest in the series with the best CAS and Build/Buy, the packs we've gotten this generation have been The Most lackluster in the series. And a lot of people agree! But a lot of those people will complain and complain but still buy every single pack on release day! They won't even wait for a sale! And it's SO FRUSTRATING TO SEE!! Like please wait for a sale none of these expansions especially since island living have been worth 40$ or at the VERY LEAST just not buy on release day (which especially these days will most likely save you a major headache with all the bugs that get introduced with each update and new pack added).

When we come together and demand change we can get it! Toddlers, pools, ghosts, sentiments, skin tones. And I'm sure when Paralives releases that'll have an impact on the sims as well. Even if Paralives doesn't meet everyone's expectations, TS4 is so sad and bare that I don't even think people will care how good Paralives is. It's a game being made with love, care and respect, which TS4 lacks, and that will go a long way for players. It's why people still play TS2 even though it's as old as it is.

I don't get excited for new packs anymore, and even the ones I'm interested in I wait to see the dev livestream, multiple reviews and gameplays before I even Think about buying any packs. People still get so blindly excited about new packs, buy on day one, and are immediately let down by what they've paid for. I don't know why they haven't learned to just WAIT yet...

And don't even get me started on people who buy occult packs for the items then get mad about the occults they bought, then demand they get nerfed. Some of us actually LIKE the occults...

One day TS4 will end, and what will we really be left with? When so many packs can be fully explored in under a day? And when gameplay feels so shallow? When so much of the gameplay has to happen in your head instead of on screen? I'm just so disappointed in TS4... I know it can be better! But that would require EA to be less greedy and money hungry which isn't happening any time soon. It would also require the devs to actually LISTEN to the playerbase and stop trying to "subvert expectations" about features we desperately want...
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I still get more enjoyment than frustration out of the game overall. If I didn't, I would stop buying it. I do try to voice what I like about it so that they will keep that up, but it's true that I'm more vocal about the things I don't like. Still, what fun I get out of it is at least enough for me to justify setting money aside for it when I can afford it.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I bought the base game, and the rest of the packs when they were on sale. I think I only bought university at the full price. I tend to wait to see other people's opinions and game play, before considering buying it.
    I opted out on my first pet stuff, because I felt it was kind of dumb having DLC for DLC, especially since Sims 2 had small pets like birds and guinea pigs along with cats and dogs. Sims 3 had pretty much all that and horses. I opt out, because I feel that it is better to speak with my wallet. Like, they can see what I own, and don't.
    I am opting out on Eco lifestyle, because I heard their are bugs that can break the game, and there is the issue with NAPS.
    I got all of Sims 2, with an exception of two packs, because they were at the tail end of the Sims 2 releases, and quickly combined with packs I already had.
    Sims 3, I picked and chose some packs, and still don't own some packs I did want, but I didn't really care for Sims 3. Plus, it kind of kills my laptop, so I don't play it that much.
    Sims 4, I just get what I want, and avoid the ones I don't care for. I also now buy my Sims 4 game play stuff on sale, so if I am not totally blown away with my purchase, I know I didn't pay whole price.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think the answer is ~hope~. EA/Maxis is so good at hyping packs up with trailers, blog posts, and promos, that it makes it look good and promising. And a lot of fans *are* fans that have been playing the franchise for years and just want TS4 to be the best it can be. They hope that the next pack will be the "one". Even if they are constantly let down, they still want it to be a good game and don't want to let it go. (Especially after spending so much money on it)

Aside from that, there are multiple ways to play the game. People can complain about gameplay, but find Build Mode or CAS more interesting and only buy a pack to have those objects in the game. And I think that's okay, because you're still getting your (probably overpriced) money's worth if you're using the BB/CAS stuff, but just want more gameplay. (You should probably just wait for a sale if that's the case, though...)

As for Game Changers, they do speak out. A lot. They have chances to give the devs direct feedback, too. But it's up to the devs to listen...or rearrange their priorities to show that they're listening. Game Changers are critical, too. One very popular one even said that when they brought up some bigger issues, they were met with non-answers. I think people have this preconceived notion on the GCs without really watching their videos or following them on social media.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    It's happening again now.

What I also do not understand is why this people also spread false information. Before the blog that was put out today they are creating videos how the "haunted" Lot Trait was being sold "Again" without even mentioning it is a lot type causing people to be angry. Bonehilda being a "reskinned" butler, I mean people EXPECT Bonehilda to do Things that a butler would do so Why they are spreading this like a wildfire? Not to mention it is not reskinned if there is more to do with the new NPC that you cannot do with the butler (Summoning trough Magic).

At this point this videos feels like there just there to throw shade and Earn money. I am for criticism.It makes people better. Just look how CarlSims3 provide criticsm in the game. He do speculate but he does not spread his views like wildfire and as facts.

There is even a video on how "they" claim that "his/her" predictions that Snowy Escape was something that would many people buy and and after playing it will be boring as always. I mean I know some people felt that but claiming that it is boring based on some people from the internet and say that the pack as a whole is a failure because there are "some" people on social media got bored in it is a cheap way to prove their own facts.
    The fact that it is claimed that the whole pack is recycled without even mentioning the new skills that come with it is very confusing for me.

I am not mad, I am just dissapointed at this criticsms
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    In any business scenario, it's always about money. As far as people complaining constantly while still playing the game, I've never understood that.

I have my own issues with the game, but rather than post them here or at other venues, I've simply cut back on how much I play
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Here's the problem with Supporting The Sims....Voting with your wallet will not work with The Sims because.....if you do, EA will just can the series. It's a double edged sword with The Sims just because EA is unpredictable and well....look at what they did to Mass Effect. Easily their most critically acclaimed franchise they had, people were already in full on We Hate EA mode but put their hatred aside to play Mass Effect. What did EA do to that critically acclaimed franchise? Well simply put, they ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it! They forced Bioware to rush the third game to release even though they didn't have a real ending planned for it and got utterly curbstomped and everyone went back into full on We Hate EA mode. So what did EA do when it came time to release the sequel? The Sequel that they could've used to build back that Goodwill they had from 2009-2012 before Mass Effect 3 came out and make up for the mistakes they made? Well they ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it even worse by not just rushing it out onto store shelves, but forced Bioware to use a game engine that wasn't made for a game like Mass Effect which messed it up, AAAAAAAAAAND they had a WOEFULLY inexperienced team work on the 4th game whose only game they released WAS A SIMS 3 STUFF PACK. Then everyone "Voted with their wallets" and boom, Mass Effect is Dead.....Yeah that's what they did to their own critically acclaimed franchise, intentionally shot the franchise in the foot and made them continue to run in a race afterwards and then put a bullet in it's head as punishment for failing.

The Sims has fallen way behind financially from its hayday of being "The Best Selling Game On PC" and at this point has just been nice walking around money for EA rather than the big money maker it used to be. I love Sims with all my heart and I'm not too keen on Sims 4, but unfortunately I know that the only way to stop Sims from ending up like all the other franchises EA has buried alive is to support it, even when I know I shouldn't be. Sims is in a real bad position right now thanks to the current state of EA, and the EA of today will not see lower Sims sales and say "Well clearly this means we should step up and make Sims 4/5 even better to get our lost players back!" no no, instead they'll see that and just cancel the series outright and fire everyone at Maxis.

I think that's something a lot of simmers don't seem to understand. If this doesn't do well there is no sims 5. A guru said it himself. Simmers took it as a threat but it was the truth....
    Though at this point in the game that's no longer an issue.

I see tons of simmers on YouTube and twitter trashing it day in and day out and praying for it's down fall just for ts5 to come out. If that were to magically happen and million stopped buying why would they bring out a part 5? It would be a company risk because if consumers are not satisfied with everything they demand in ts5 it's a big loss they may or may not be willing to take.

I understand packs are not as full as older games I totally get that. But gaming in general and the way games are sold have changed. And it's not going back.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I also think part of the reason sims 3 glitches and crashes so much is for the Same reason they tried to put too much into and too soon without working out the issues.. it's jammed with content yet many can barely play. And I hate how fast it gets corrupted. Sure it was older tech but it's a very heavy game even for modern tech.
    The fact that they are adding little by little and working out bugs with patches is more beneficial in the long run imo. And my game runs like a smooth dream. I tried to play ts3 and just got tired of the overwhelming issues.
    Bugs will always be present in such a complex game where everything has to work together. But nothing major.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I don't see playing the game and complaining about what you don't like or giving constructive criticism are mutually exclusive. If people never complained, the game wouldn't be what it is today. No ghosts, no toddlers, no pools, no terrain editing, less diverse skin and hair, etc. Do I think they should've been included from the start? Yes. Did the people who raise objections play a substantial role in getting these things fixed? Also yes.

EA doesn't want, as a business, to exert time and money on free updates. They would, and will, pump out content at the fastest they can with the lowest quality, based on packs we've had the past few years. The outcry against their product has to be greater than their profit for them to bother changing. This is why we need people who give feedback.

I don't think anyone who plays the game truly hates it overall. Obviously there is something that brings them back. Personally live mode in ts4 is usually pretty boring for me. So I started spending more time in cas and build, and spending my live mode time in ts2. But some people like the other games less, or don't have them and otherwise can't play them, and are "stuck" so to speak playing a game they have concerns and annoyances about, but they don't leave because there isn't another game like sims for them to play. It is the only option.

As for YouTube, I think their usefulness varies. That sounds harsh, i know, but i mean that not everyone is willing to throw their weight around and ask for things for the community. It may be uncomfortable or scary for some people. And James has definitely raised objections, questions and feedback on numerous occasions. I think sometimes people overburden and overestimate YouTubers responsibility with sims. They aren't actually part of the company, and EA isn't going to listen to them just because they have followers. Whatever EA improves or doesn't improve, that decision is made based on their bottom line. It really is about money.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I had an advantage in that when I bought Sims2, it was in August of 2005. It was my first real experience with computer gaming. My daughter was also quick to point out I needed to get University for my game. So, I did. First time in decades I had birthday money to spend on myself. LOL Not long after that, we got Late Night, I believe it was called. What I'm getting at, is I never really had to deal with a barren base game until I made the switch to Sims3. That one was lacking so very much I was shocked. So, I respect all of you who believe more content should be included. Well, certainly Toddlers (touted from the beginning) should have been included. But in reading what the reasons behind excluding them at the time were, I'm glad they waited until they had the idea of them brought to fruition. They are, by far, the very best Toddlers we've ever had in a Sims game, to date. I do think more should be included up front. But then, again, I'm not a game developer and have very limited experience in this area. I've only played Sims, WoW (for a very limited time) and Skyrim. I may have played Animal Crossing, but I was only at my daughter's home in Texas for two brief weeks after she had her baby. I haven't played it since. All of this to say, I don't know how much is the norm. I do know gaming is a business, and businesses need to make money, else they cease to be. We may all feel fleeced from time to time, but then again, who is twisting our arms to purchase the next new shiny? Hm? Just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    If this doesn't do well there is no sims 5

Most people dont want sims 5, at least smart ones. So, who cares. Problem is, we dont want sims 5 because we want sims 4 to be complete, polished, and enjoyable 200%. That will never happen because people keep buying and buying packs and supporting EA. They are just telling em, we dont care, just keep releasing nonsense packs that we will buy em no matter what, and a full price of course... so EA is thinking "nice, we can keep focusing on dlcs no matter how bad or broken are they without not even worrying about anything else". So yeah, keep punching lol.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I
    But in reading what the reasons behind excluding them at the time were, I'm glad they waited until they had the idea of them brought to fruition. They are, by far, the very best Toddlers we've ever had in a Sims game, to date. I do think more should be included up front. But then, again, I'm not a game developer and have very limited experience in this area. I've only played Sims, WoW (for a very limited time) and Skyrim. I may have played Animal Crossing, but I was only at my daughter's home in Texas for two brief weeks after she had her baby. I haven't played it since. All of this to say, I don't know how much is the norm. I do know gaming is a business, and businesses need to make money, else they cease to be. We may all feel fleeced from time to time, but then again, who is twisting our arms to purchase the next new shiny? Hm? Just sayin'.

This is a great point. Probably 99% of us don't even work in the industry. And a good product takes time, so I don't mind the wait if it's worth it. In the end TS4 felt rushed and uncreative to me when in came out, but we've finally at least gotten to where we are now. And it certainly doesn't make sense to buy a pack you don't want. Of course people feel cheated that way--they didn't want it to begin with.

Also yes, high five to a fellow sims/skyrim player. That's all I play haha!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I also think part of the reason sims 3 glitches and crashes so much is for the Same reason they tried to put too much into and too soon without working out the issues.. it's jammed with content yet many can barely play. And I hate how fast it gets corrupted. Sure it was older tech but it's a very heavy game even for modern tech.
    The fact that they are adding little by little and working out bugs with patches is more beneficial in the long run imo. And my game runs like a smooth dream. I tried to play ts3 and just got tired of the overwhelming issues.
    Bugs will always be present in such a complex game where everything has to work together. But nothing major.

TS3 is was built using the same engine that was used to make TS2, which by the time TS3 was coming out (at least mid-way through) the engine was so old and outdated that it just couldn't keep up with the very ambitious packs, designed and themes that the team was making for TS3. In the end the game was so unstable that some packs literally broke the game, Ala Island Paradice and Into the Future (packs I loved to death btw).

(I don't know much about game development so the following is from my understanding after doing some research.) While TS4 was originally designed to be an online multiplayer in the style of the failed Sim City, forcing it to be quickly rehashed into what we have today. The engine is much more simplified and easier to use, design/program with. But it has it's drawbacks, it's not as powerful and the game kind of suffers for it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021

TS3 is was built using the same engine that was used to make TS2, which by the time TS3 was coming out (at least mid-way through) the engine was so old and outdated that it just couldn't keep up with the very ambitious packs, designed and themes that the team was making for TS3. In the end the game was so unstable that some packs literally broke the game, Ala Island Paradice and Into the Future (packs I loved to death btw).

(I don't know much about game development so the following is from my understanding after doing some research.) While TS4 was originally designed to be an online multiplayer in the style of the failed Sim City, forcing it to be quickly rehashed into what we have today. The engine is much more simplified and easier to use, design/program with. But it has it's drawbacks, it's not as powerful and the game kind of suffers for it.

so recycling engines is like a tradition or what? as flawed as these always are? i guess now that ea plans on making the sims iterations last longer, they'll make ts5 engine from scratch, as good & strong as possible right?
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I really don't get why someone who complains about Sims 4 and clearly doesn't like the game, will then go and buy packs for it. If you are bored with the basegame and thought that was a waste of your money why would you then go and buy DLC for it. There's also those people who complain about a new pack say it's a "cashgrab" and then go and preorder it. That makes absolutely no sense. There are so many complaints that the EPs are not worth the price paid. Often the complaint goes like "it's not worth $40". (Given the number of different currencies around the globe meaning different figures would be given, this does give a clear indication of where these complaints are coming from.) Well, if you don't think it's worth full price then wait for a sale. There's the complaint that an EP is "really a game pack at expansion pack price". Why not just wait for it to come on sale for half price and buy it then. You'll be paying the game pack price. People also have added up the total price for all the stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs and complain that "it costs $700 to have the complete game". They act like you have to buy all the packs when really it's done in a way that you pick and choose which one you want to get. You don't have to own every single pack. It seems they just want to complain for the sake of complaining. If someone truly didn't like the game why would they buy it? The worst bit about this is those same people will then go off at those of us who genuinely like the game and are happy with it and tell us that we're lying or that we're stupid and don't realise we're being overcharged for a "trash game". I've had this a number of times by people who know nothing about where I live, the cost of the game, or the average income of the citizens. When I convert the currency I am definitely not being overcharged for any pack. And is it really that hard for people to understand that there are people who do genuinely like the game?

Those who are wanting everyone to stop buying the packs, just because they themselves have a problem with the game need to chill. They will never get everyone on their side cause there will always be people who like the game and are happy with their purchase. All anyone can do about it is buy it or don't buy it. If you like it show that you like it by buying it. If you don't like it show them you're not happy by not buying it. At the end of the day EA will look at the sales. It doesn't matter if there's thousands of threads or posts complaining about the game. (Thousands is nothing next to the 20 million total Sims 4 players) All that matters to any company is the sale of their products. If it sells well people like it, if it doesn't sell well people don't like it.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
    TS1299 wrote: »

What I also do not understand is why this people also spread false information. Before the blog that was put out today they are creating videos how the "haunted" Lot Trait was being sold "Again" without even mentioning it is a lot type causing people to be angry. Bonehilda being a "reskinned" butler, I mean people EXPECT Bonehilda to do Things that a butler would do so Why they are spreading this like a wildfire? Not to mention it is not reskinned if there is more to do with the new NPC that you cannot do with the butler (Summoning trough Magic).

At this point this videos feels like there just there to throw shade and Earn money. I am for criticism.It makes people better. Just look how CarlSims3 provide criticsm in the game. He do speculate but he does not spread his views like wildfire and as facts.

There is even a video on how "they" claim that "his/her" predictions that Snowy Escape was something that would many people buy and and after playing it will be boring as always. I mean I know some people felt that but claiming that it is boring based on some people from the internet and say that the pack as a whole is a failure because there are "some" people on social media got bored in it is a cheap way to prove their own facts.
    The fact that it is claimed that the whole pack is recycled without even mentioning the new skills that come with it is very confusing for me.

I've noticed that too. It seems one person says it and others then repeat it after hearing that first person and people take it has fact because now 6 people have said the same thing.

There's also those articles reporting that "many Simmers feel..." and it's what the author of the article personally feels.

I too find the claim that the whole Snowy Escape pack is "just recycled content" very confusing. The worse bit about this one is when you point out to these people the new skills and activities the pack offers, they pick one of those and respond with "$40 for a (whatever one they picked)". I've even had someone respond with "oh Wow, BIG deal, who cares?" then prceeded to say I'm blind and stupid for not seeing that this pack is "just recycled content".

And I also don't get the one about Bonehilda being a "reskinned butler" when bonehilda has been a skeleton maid since the first Sims game.

These complaints are just beyond ridiculous.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited January 2021

I too find the claim that the whole Snowy Escape pack is "just recycled content" very confusing. The worse bit about this one is when you point out to these people the new skills and activities the pack offers, they pick one of those and respond with "$40 for a (whatever one they picked)". I've even had someone respond with "oh Wow, BIG deal, who cares?" then prceeded to say I'm blind and stupid for not seeing that this pack is "just recycled content".

Wait till they find out recycling content in the gaming industry is incredibly huge because of how much cheaper it is. AAA and indie.

Wait till they find out recycling content in the gaming industry is incredibly huge because of how much cheaper it is. AAA and indie.

It's also because it's easier on the code which means less glitches and allows it to run on more computers. It's really silly to see people who clearly know nothing about computer programing complain about this "recycled content" being done is a cashgrab.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

I've noticed that too. It seems one person says it and others then repeat it after hearing that first person and people take it has fact because now 6 people have said the same thing.

There's also those articles reporting that "many Simmers feel..." and it's what the author of the article personally feels.

And I also don't get the one about Bonehilda being a "reskinned butler" when bonehilda has been a skeleton maid since the first Sims game.

These complaints are just beyond ridiculous.

The Boldest Part is one of the most ridiculous complaints that ever existed. You are right very much. What they want Bonehilda To do? The same people are ranting about how the games lack soul becaue of lack of NPC like Bonehilda, and when they added it back, they complain. I mean who did complain about the lack of reskinned butler in the first place?