Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last book you've read?

Comments

• McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    Normal People by Sally Rooney - really excellent book!
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • ThangwenThangwen Posts: 39 Member
    The last book I read was Louise Penny's latest novel, "A Better Man."
  • firemixtapefiremixtape Posts: 574 Member
    It was a book about Anne Boleyn. I never finished it, but I think it was called "Doomed Queen Anne" or something like that. 100% recommend it from what I've read, though!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Clementine (it's a kids book, I'm reading it to my 5 year old haha)
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    The last book of the witcher series. This covid time has given me LOTS of reading time. I'm loving it!
  • niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    I last read The Catcher in the Rye and I'm currently reading Big Little Lies.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    I am read the last book is "Chu ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Fei Novel Book" and This is my favourite book.
    Source: https://kisslightnovels.info/novel/chu-❤️❤️❤️❤️-fei

why.. why is w_a_n_g censored?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Haven't been reading at all lately. Last book I read was "Interview with the Vampire" by Anne Rice and though there were some places in the middle where it became a page-turner, it took brute force of will to keep reading in the beginning, and overall, it made me never want to bother with any more Anne Rice ever again because it seemed like she was trying to master florid descriptive prose similar to Tolstoy while presenting a sympathetic antihero in a moral conundrum in the manner of Dostoevsky, and maybe it's just my high school love of both those authors that made Rice fall so short by comparison.

Really, I ought to know better than to criticise successful authors...who am I? But I'm horribly judgemental and picky about reading.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I'm reading Orlando Furioso by Ludovico Ariosto.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    20.000 Leagues under the sea
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Mocking Jay from the Hunger Games series. This means the last book I read was 4 years ago lol.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Part of Your World by Liz Braswell. It's one of the Disney Twisted Tales series, imagining what would happen if things went badly wrong for familiar heroes/ heroines of Disney films instead of getting their happy ending. This one was the Little Mermaid version.

I thought it was done well. The author adds a lot of extra depth and personality to the characters, and the world building is cleverly described according to the different characters' perspectives.
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Jaws.
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    I always listen to the audiobook version (if there is one). I have eye problems so reading makes my eyes sore. Also, I feel much more immersed when listening.

Edgedancer
    (The Stormlight Archive #2.5)
    by Brandon Sanderson

Now I'm currently listening to the next one in the series by Brandon Sanderson called Oathbringer.

I forget who a lot of the characters are... :( I always forget things when series take a while to come out and yes I read a summary to refresh my memory but it didn't cover everything.

I'm still enjoying it though! Good series :)
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    A book in the Dung Beetle reading series (satirical version of Ladybird children's books), entitled 'We Do Lockdown.'
  • CarabooCaraboo Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm currently reading the Throne of Glass series. By reading, I mean 'putting off repeatedly' because I don't want it to end.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,285 Member
    edited January 2021
    Caraboo wrote: »
    I'm currently reading the Throne of Glass series. By reading, I mean 'putting off repeatedly' because I don't want it to end.

What's to stop you from reading it again? I read the entire Lord of the Rings series, starting with the Hobbit about every decade or so.
    You're a writer then, @GalacticGal :) Awesome. I used to write, but I kind of allowed the general busy-ness of life get in the way many, many years ago. And then I didn't really return to it. I miss it, and on the occasions I have attempted to go back to it, I find it doesn't just 'flow' anymore, the way it used to.

I hear you there. My mother used to sew. That was her thing. She wanted me to not attempt to write until my kids were all in school full-time. I simply told her, writing isn't like sewing. You have to keep that pump primed.

If you're really wishing to get back into it, prime that pump. You could start small. Write a journal entry every night before you crawl into bed. I find just writing an opinion in these forums helps. Find the story that creates a passion in you and go for it. You'll be astounded at how quickly the words will flow again from there. I am also chronicling the doings of my Sims and sharing what happens on these boards. Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    "Blood of Elves" by Andrzej Sapkowski

(unless you count comic books / graphic novels then it was re-reading the first four volumes of Transmetropolitan around my birthday last month.)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    A Time For Mercy
    John Grisham

Just starting The Sentinel: A Jack Reacher Novel
    Lee Child teams up with his brother on this one so I'm hoping Jack Reacher is still Jack Reacher.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    41smuY2sIGL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mission - Jimmy Stewart and the Fight for Europe by Robert Matzen

Was a good book, highly recommend it to anyone who wants to read about a down-to-earth actor who was a genuine warrior (flew B-24s on actual missions over Europe, later became a brigadier general in the USAF and ended up retiring as a Major General)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~