Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keep the world population interesting

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Lack of story telling or a drama level toggle is one thing that has led to a boring civilization in all the sims worlds, but another thing that I find very annoying is that we have to micro manage way too much to keep a basic flow going if we play generations. I am spending hours fitting sims in right homes giving them a job, set of skills and assigning their bed while their purpose is just to replace those random townies. I download sims and houses from the gallery to spare me the time to do it completely myself, but it is not that easy to find matching houses AND households to go within that houses. Here are some ideas that could make it easier:

- A better filter system in the gallery! Let us find sims according to the number of household members, genders, life stages, careers and amount of cat/dogs. Whenever I find a beautiful home for my world, I have to search the right household and that is not easy if I can not filter these tags. I always end up editing them as well as the house. TOO much effort for sims I only need for being townies.
- Gone with the RANDOM townies. Let them make sense! Give them a proper personality, fitting job and home. Or let us easily turn off the automatic townie randomizer and have us fill in the worlds by ourselves from sims from the gallery in a few simple clicks.
- Give us townies created by developers by free updates every week or month? And the choice to allow them being part of our game or not or even choose per sim.
- Let us download houses + households together, so the house/household combination makes more sense. Either from the gallery or freely updated by EA. Not that EA is that great of a builder but ok.

So imagine, I have created a perfect subhood in WC with 5 houses. My purpose is for them to be inhabited by families of all sorts of sims. House 1 has 3 bedrooms and I imagine a young couple with a set of twin toddlers living there. Now, if I go to the gallery and get to filter a household of 4, two YA and two toddlers, this would be A LOT easier! It would take me a few. seconds to find the perfect family. You see?

So PLS EA, at least up date the gallery cause we have also been asking this for 6 years and it's kind of ridiculous that we can only search so poorly when this could be a major gamechanger!

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    Phew all of this. I'm currently repopulating my worlds and it's a huge task that could be simplified by these things. As well as the ability to copy outfit and makeup. I spend too much time on sims I don't need to use and it's the most frustrating thing about CAS.
    And I wanted better gallery filters for the longest. I'm usually looking for specific occults or a certain number or gender of sims but I have to scroll scroll scroll.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Phew all of this. I'm currently repopulating my worlds and it's a huge task that could be simplified by these things. As well as the ability to copy outfit and makeup. I spend too much time on sims I don't need to use and it's the most frustrating thing about CAS.
    And I wanted better gallery filters for the longest. I'm usually looking for specific occults or a certain number or gender of sims but I have to scroll scroll scroll.

Oh I feel you and about CAS, you are right too. The other day I was editing a downloaded sim that I did not want to spend too much time on cause she was 1 out of 100 sims I had to edit. And to copy make-up was one of the frustrations as well. I rarely want to give my sims detailed make up cause I don't want to have to remember the style I went for each time I choose another outfit.
    Also wish we could just easily set skills and a career level in CAS for newly created sims (and with the cas.fulleditmode cheat for existing ones) so we can create more interesting sims from scratch!
    Now I have to create a sim, put him in a house, load the lot and use cheats one by one meanwhile checking carls guide for the right career level and its sooooo time consuming.
    This cant be that hard to give us. If we get to cheat this in-game mode, why not in CAS?
  • indigo_snap45indigo_snap45 Posts: 45 Member
    maybe see if a youtuber has a save to use?
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday @FurSimsOfficial and @Babykittyjade ! I wish there was a way to stop the system from generating random Sims or at least, like the two of you said, they would be ones that would be more normal. It does take such a long time to make random Sims. :/