Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 crashing again today?

2...Next

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    I tried playing my game again last night. It froze up and crashed after an hour or two so I went back to TS3. It doesn't seem to be crashing like it was before the hotfix patch. Before the patch my game would just close out to the desktop but yesterday it froze and I had to use task manager to close it.

Hotfix patch totally eliminate the crashing for me, but i havent increase my in game audio quality pass medium, this could be why.

I’ve actually never tried altering my sound even before the hotfix came. I save my game at the start of every sim day so I just figure if it crashes I don’t really loose that much. Sims 4 for me has always had really poor sound quality compared to every other game that I play on my PC. I have to turn my speakers right up to hear it. I don’t know why it’s like this as I’m not very technical with game settings.

You can try enabling Loudness Equalization on your audio device setting in control panel to increase audio output of the certain application that outputs faint audio.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I tried playing my game again last night. It froze up and crashed after an hour or two so I went back to TS3. It doesn't seem to be crashing like it was before the hotfix patch. Before the patch my game would just close out to the desktop but yesterday it froze and I had to use task manager to close it.

Hotfix patch totally eliminate the crashing for me, but i havent increase my in game audio quality pass medium, this could be why.

I’ve actually never tried altering my sound even before the hotfix came. I save my game at the start of every sim day so I just figure if it crashes I don’t really loose that much. Sims 4 for me has always had really poor sound quality compared to every other game that I play on my PC. I have to turn my speakers right up to hear it. I don’t know why it’s like this as I’m not very technical with game settings.

You can try enabling Loudness Equalization on your audio device setting in control panel to increase audio output of the certain application that outputs faint audio.

Thank you so much. I will definitely take a look at my settings.

As for the thread title. I just tried playing my Sims 4 game again and it froze up again. I had to use task manager to exit. I will try do a game repair while I walk my dog and also I think I will just play the Sims 3 until the next patch arrives.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited November 2020
    I fired up my game last night. I’ve had no crashes since the hot fix but I do have a ton of simulation lag, sims dropping cued up tasks, not washing the dishes in the kitchen, not sitting at a table EVER!, sitting in the living room and if I ask them to start talking they can’t unless they first get up, hug then sit and chat!

I’ve taken my mods out, repaired, removed old cache files, started a new game and this nonsense persists!

It is beyond frustrating that I can’t play and enjoy the game I payed for! Is it too much to ask that they not break it every single time a new pack/patch comes?

I’m back playing TS3! I hope for the sake of the money I’ve invested that they get themselves together and fix these issues! I’ve never had so many problems with a sims game, not even 3 when it was its hay day.
    I hope they release a patch before the holidays. I was wanting to carry on my legacy save soon.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Everything is fine here. At least since I last played since the last patch update.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I was able to play for a long time, but then I think my game gave me te father winter issue. My game would start to freeze, and after a while my ram usage spiked very high and eventually it crashed. Really hope a new patch will be out to fix all the issues soon
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yup, everything is fine for me too. Still no crashes or freezes. Must be some incompatibility with some systems, the sound or background apps or whatever. Unless the majority of the playerbase experience these issues, i dont think the devs are going to release any patch at all. But i guess that by the end of the month, we will get another mini dlc, and with that another patch? who knows.
    Tantalus wrote: »
    Yup, everything is fine for me too. Still no crashes or freezes. Must be some incompatibility with some systems, the sound or background apps or whatever. Unless the majority of the playerbase experience these issues, i dont think the devs are going to release any patch at all. But i guess that by the end of the month, we will get another mini dlc, and with that another patch? who knows.

It almost feels like they want me to play the Sims 3 at this point with all these issues lately stopping me from playing the Sims 4. I'm currently not playing because of the crashing so if they want me to continue to play their current newer game then I suggest they get to work fixing what ever is is that they broke in the last patch before I give up on it completely.
    edited December 2020
    Mine's been good again for a couple of days now. I'm obsessively saving every few minutes though, which interrupts my game play a bit. I need to chill out a touch, I think.

I might have possibly found the issue causing my game to freeze up but I need more testing of my game. Both of the last times my sims froze was when they picked up an empty bowl from the new bigger sized kotasu table. I was to annoyed after the last crash earlier today to be bothered with it and I played TS3 all night. If I feel in a better mindset about TS4 tomorrow I will remove the kotasu and see if I still have problems.
  • kiwicronekiwicrone Posts: 30 Member
    I have started playing again,on my previously saved game, and I play offline still, and with high or very high game setting options. I have played for whole day, after first repairing, and it is running very smoothly so I am happy. No crashes, perfect saves. I only play one household at a time and mark others that I dabble with as unplayed. The stairs in Chez Llama Restaurant are still not usable which is a shame. I do not have all EPs or stuff packs. I use what is called a Gaming Computer. I don't use mods or cc.