Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested in a Sims 3 64 bit update

2...Next

Comments

• LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    I'd be interested but it's not compulsory
    The Sims 3 is Old And not better than the wsims 4 who has 64 Bits Support (Formerly has 32 bits support but has dropped)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Yes, it's needed
    Leosims wrote: »
    The Sims 3 is Old And not better than the wsims 4 who has 64 Bits Support (Formerly has 32 bits support but has dropped)

Highly suggest you don't open that door. You're going to start a war.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, it's needed

Highly suggest you don't open that door. You're going to start a war.

Hahahahaha :D
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • valkyrieplaysvalkyrieplays Posts: 22 Member
    Yes, it's needed
    i used to absolutely love ts3, but it unfortunately got to the point where i could hardly run it. having it in 64-bit and being able to try it again after all these years would be so nice...
    my simblr
    cc finds
    tumblr challenge directory - can submit challenges, posts of your challenge progress, and promo yourself as long as you participate in challenges!
  • nycbiglnycbigl Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm unsure
    Question;
    If I get the 64 bit Sims 3 would I still be able to use my old save file? Can I still pick up where I left off in my game by saving my save file and backups and then adding it to the new 64 bit version of Sims 3?

Plus will any world I create with CAW still work with the 64 bit Sims 3?

Update;
    Oops! Never mind! Just realized that the 64 bit Sims version is only for Mac users and not for Windows. Oh well.

Post edited by nycbigl on
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Yes, it's needed
    Tell me you didn't just say that.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Yes, it's needed
    I have a huge feeling it'd be essential. Last I tried it my computer which could keep stable 60s on modern games could hardly run TS3 without major simulation-lag + long loadtimes even with all the essential mods.

I really want to go back to TS3 but I can't because of the lag, and a nice 64bit upgrade might do wonders.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm unsure
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    I have a huge feeling it'd be essential. Last I tried it my computer which could keep stable 60s on modern games could hardly run TS3 without major simulation-lag + long loadtimes even with all the essential mods.

I really want to go back to TS3 but I can't because of the lag, and a nice 64bit upgrade might do wonders.

Try installing your TS3 game on an SSD - it loads so much faster and vastly reduced lag. I added an SSD to my old 2014 computer and the game ran so much better on it - much less lag and I was able to load ALL the EPs and SPs even though my game is from Origin version 1.69.

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    No, it's fine the way it is
    No it can’t be done without a rewrite and I do not trust EA to do this without introducing new bugs and glitches. In an ideal world it would be wonderful to avoid the struggle to get an old 32 bit game to play on a modern computer. This isn’t an ideal world and as the saying goes “better the devil you know ...”
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    Yes, it's needed
    No it can’t be done without a rewrite and I do not trust EA to do this without introducing new bugs and glitches. In an ideal world it would be wonderful to avoid the struggle to get an old 32 bit game to play on a modern computer. This isn’t an ideal world and as the saying goes “better the devil you know ...

That may be true, but if that was the case, we'd still be driving around with horse and buggy instead of having vehicles with combustion engines and men having walked on the moon.

If one doesn't push technology to its limits...

IN this case, I'd prefer it if EA got a fresh new build team to program the 64bit upgrade.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    No, it's fine the way it is
    No it can’t be done without a rewrite and I do not trust EA to do this without introducing new bugs and glitches. In an ideal world it would be wonderful to avoid the struggle to get an old 32 bit game to play on a modern computer. This isn’t an ideal world and as the saying goes “better the devil you know ...

That may be true, but if that was the case, we'd still be driving around with horse and buggy instead of having vehicles with combustion engines and men having walked on the moon.

If one doesn't push technology to its limits...

IN this case, I'd prefer it if EA got a fresh new build team to program the 64bit upgrade.

Oh I do believe in employing new technologies. I would love to be able to put on a headset and actually enter the world of my sims. Especially useful when house and world building :)

My problem is I do not trust EA just to simply rewrite the game for 64 bit. I would hate to see something I love "upgraded" to resemble TS4 and I truly believe there is no one within the current team with the necessary skills to do the job properly. In these circumstances I would prefer the company to put all the effort and new technologies into TS5 which might then be a worthy successor to TS3.

By the way my horse and cart does not have the welly of my old sports car but at least I get to enjoy the scenery more :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited December 2020
    Yes, it's needed
    @Bettyboop55, Lucky you, I'm still using the heel-toe express. Makes for a lovely LOOOOOOOOONG commute.
    GYZ6Ak9.png