Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4.5 - What would you like to see? (Interview with Graham)

Comments

• Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I'm totally in favor of upgrading TS4. Many things can be added and done for this game. BUT they need to address the bug issues first. Each time an update comes out, there are bugs. The game needs to be more playable first, before they add more stuff in it.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    To be honest I don't think the sims 4 engine can handle much more. It wasn't the best on launch and just keeps getting worse as they add more and more to it. I think if they want this game to continue on as a sims 4.5 they would have to do a major overhaul to the foundation of the game itself. Call me a pessimist but I don't see them doing that. I see them continuing to try and add on to an unsteady game engine until it all just eventually falls apart. It looks like it might already be starting with all the new and old bugs popping up recently. If that's the case it would be smarter in the long run to cut their loses with this one and start over.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    ...They don't innovate - just recycle, reskin, and maybe take some baby steps by adding a watered-down version of a previous installment's features....

I hear players say this but isn't that exactly what you ask for? "We want University, Cats and Dogs, Seasons..." The Sims teams are giving you what you're asking for, they add a slightly different take on it for each iteration to try to freshen it up but it's mostly the same content over and over as per player demand. When the Sims teams do innovate there's a segment of the player base who go into a rage. Which way do players want it, a rehash of all the old material or fresh and innovative because it's kind of one or the other. A rehash of old stuff will always get stale the fastest.

Post edited by Catzilla on
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I agree with that; and I want new features. (And werewolves).

And most of the threads in this forum is about what should be added; and about what is bad about the game. I rarely see any threads discussing a feature in depth; but instead I see many very simple questions on things easily discovered if the player would just play the game.

There are lots of hidden treasures, but they never surface on this forum in discussions.
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited December 2020
    I didn't bother to read the article because I am so done with Sims 4.

I agree. I read it and felt instantly annoyed. I am done with sims 4. I want I open world. I don't like the fake buildings that stand in the way of my creativity and space. I want cars and I loved watching the sims drive around town. I want babies to be sims not objects. These things might not ever happen in sims 4 and I am tired of all the packs that have little to offer.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I can think of a few things I would like added to 4 so I'm happy to hear they are doing that. There's so much content they have given us and I would much rather continue getting content for Sims 4 than starting again with a Sims 5. I can't think of any major additional features that they can't add to 4 which will require a new game and technology hasn't really advanced much in the last few years (machines may be a little faster and have better graphics, but that's about it).
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    There is plenty to do with Sims 4 and I think an overhaul to Sims 4.5 would be the real way forward. I'm enjoying Sims 4 a lot. Just a few more personality additions would be magnificent.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    edited December 2020
    I both want to continue both playing the sims 4 for a few more years to see what they can add and just move on to Sims 5 because I’m not sure this game will last as long as EA would want it too.

(If they eventually make Sims 4 where you have to pick and choose which game packs to play I’m going into rage mode)

Then again I also want to play sims 1 and sims 3

I gotta redownload Sims 2, I downloaded one thing that borked my game... To where I just decided to take my downloads folder out (and go through it) and redownload the game.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Could it be that EA has actually decided not to make a 5th edition of this game? Perhaps they see that the major difference would be tech specs, and not the content?

I like TS4 and I think the way it's structured allows for endless additions, because we never load more than a limited amount of the game content. The critical issue in my case - and I'm on an old low-end computer, is that I must avoid to fill up my harddrive because that is the biggest reason for game lagging. I'm still happily surprised when finding that adding a new pack doesn't impact much negatively on game performance (drop of fps I learned to accept years ago, but it's hardly got worse over the past 4 years and 10 added packs + loads of CC.

Of course, it all depends on what direction the team chooses. If they also improve on what we already got, I'll be glad. This was actually a major section in one of the past surveys. I'm eager to see both improved personalities and AI/awareness. And of course a new world, but I don't need a new world and 10 new dining chairs in every pack.

I agree I don't feel we need a new world every time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm fine with continued development of The Sims 4, although I'm not sure that we're looking at years of development, as in plural. I think it's pretty clear that the studio is working on the next game in the series, and while it isn't going to be done anytime soon, it also isn't going to be another two or more years of Sims 4 support. And since I'm not interested in The Sims 5, that's good for me.

The Sims was and is a lot of fun, and Sims 4 will live on my machine for many, many years to come. But I am done with going back to the base game again and then waiting years for the content that I want to trickle out. It's not that I don't think The Sims 2 is awesome, it's that they've sold me The Sims 2 three times now. It's like how I feel about Elder Scrolls games. I bought Morrowind. Then I bought Lakeside Morrowind. Then I bought Winter Morrowind. Now they want to tease me with Ambiguous Ridgeline Morrowind. Morrowind is a great game, but I'm not buying it for a fourth time. And so it is for The Sims.

I'll never achieve my lifelong goal of becoming a Real Simmer(TM), but it's time to stop. Pumping hundreds of dollars into a game just to get it back into line with the game that I was playing before isn't something I want to do anymore. There's so many other games I want to buy with that money instead.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Could it be that EA has actually decided not to make a 5th edition of this game? Perhaps they see that the major difference would be tech specs, and not the content?

I like TS4 and I think the way it's structured allows for endless additions, because we never load more than a limited amount of the game content. The critical issue in my case - and I'm on an old low-end computer, is that I must avoid to fill up my harddrive because that is the biggest reason for game lagging. I'm still happily surprised when finding that adding a new pack doesn't impact much negatively on game performance (drop of fps I learned to accept years ago, but it's hardly got worse over the past 4 years and 10 added packs + loads of CC.

Of course, it all depends on what direction the team chooses. If they also improve on what we already got, I'll be glad. This was actually a major section in one of the past surveys. I'm eager to see both improved personalities and AI/awareness. And of course a new world, but I don't need a new world and 10 new dining chairs in every pack.
    There is a solution to your hard drive fears. Buy an external hard drive for your PC and load The Sims on to it.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited December 2020
    Again, there is a problem. Can the engine even handle an extensive smorgasbord of upgrades? What we have was designed for a server-side online game; and it's nowhere near as robust as the previous games. The game, as originally developed as Olympus was not designed to be anywhere near as complex as it's getting. The glitches and bugs are getting worse and worse, with the last patch causing a ton of crashing issues.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Maybe making sims smarter with toddlers.

I've noticed that every sim that can perform the interaction "Check on Toddler" will try to perform that interaction while, simultaneously, another sim's "Check on Toddler" interaction freezes with all involved sims getting stuck. Time continues to move and needs continue to decay. This leads to critical need failures with sleep, hunger, and fun with toddlers. Toddlers themselves will complicate things because they further interrupt the interactions to help them meet their needs with tantrums.

The only thing that seems to help is locking doors and preventing sims in the household from having access to the toddlers.

In my case, it was the twin teens preventing their parents from taking care of their twin toddler siblings. The child sibling did not interrupt things like the teens did.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have introduced the twin teens to their younger twin siblings. It wasn't until the "Check Toddler" interaction became available that things got bad.

This did impact the functionality of High Chairs. Every time a Toddler Cries for various reasons or throws a tantrum, a sim that can "Check Toddler" will trigger an autonomous "Check Toddler" interaction. This trigger adds to the mayhem because some of the sims that are called by the Toddlers are no where near the toddlers and the parent watching them must wait for the other sim to finish their interaction to help the Toddler with their needs. I have toddlers outright glitching out of high chairs and levitating into them. The mechanics are just so dysfunctional once you have the active parents competing with their own children to meet the needs of the toddlers.

The end result includes both the parents and toddlers experiencing critical need failures. The high chair becomes impossible to use because sims will actively take the toddlers out of the chair before they can eat after they start crying from being "Stuck Inside" or "Throw Tantrum". Toddlers that start to get tired because it takes so long to give them food will begin to pass out and that leads to more sims autonomously trying to remove toddlers from their high chair. If the interaction is blocked, the toddlers, ravenous at this point and at risk of being taken away, will glitch out of the high chair to pass out. While this happens, their fun need goes further into decline, and this leads to more crying and tantrums which prevent sims from giving them food or putting them to bed.

The toddlers will be pulled in and out of the high chair in a dance as the toddler calls different sims from the high chair to meet three different needs that turned critical because their hunger need was delayed from the beginning while time and need decay continued to tick away.

Because physical access to the Toddler is required to "Check Toddler" and locked doors can control access and improve the overall functionality of autonomous interactions, I think there should be an option to assign a toddler to a parent or parents in a similar way players can control access to computers and doors.
  • Options
    This forum is for the players of the sims games.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2020
    I haven't had an issue with the game as it is not challenging enough or even creative enough. The packs are gimped as not to tamper with performance and most of the packs are restrictive in sharing the features now. So all in all I lost any hope for Sims 5 as I see how Sims 4 is being done and I do not expect anything from Sims 4 upping the creativity level by adding more editing tools for the end user and I am seeing Sims 4 giving some people problems as all the others before this version did.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    In spite of everything that bugs me about the game, I still have a lot of ideas for what I want to do.

The Sims 3 had a lot of likable features, and I think it might be worth adding those features to the game with base game updates and expansion pack updates.

I think I have enough stuff to keep me interested in the game, so I think taking the time to address some of the bugs and missing, "incomplete" content would be more helpful.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    They need to do fixing first. But sadly, keeping in mind how videogaming industry works these days, i dont think they will. The game is a complete mess right now, and before adding more content its imperative to fix the previous one, otherwise the game will be just unplayable within the year. I just dont understand people who asks for more content or additions when the game is such a mess. I dont.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Tantalus wrote: »
    They need to do fixing first. But sadly, keeping in mind how videogaming industry works these days, i dont think they will. The game is a complete mess right now, and before adding more content its imperative to fix the previous one, otherwise the game will be just unplayable within the year. I just dont understand people who asks for more content or additions when the game is such a mess. I dont.

I can't even play my game right now without it crashing. I hope they plan to fix it.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    I like TS4 and I think the way it's structured allows for endless additions, because we never load more than a limited amount of the game content. The critical issue in my case - and I'm on an old low-end computer, is that I must avoid to fill up my harddrive because that is the biggest reason for game lagging.

Erm, and still, the game doesnt perform as well as it should. Keeping in mind how little graphic resources it needs. Probably because of the amount of bugs already in the game.

They could improve graphics vastly, because this game doesnt require a last generation pc. The main problem are the bugs and the unpolished code.

About your problem, dude we are in 2020, just buy another HD, it doesnt need to be expensive, and just install the game there. But i dont think your problem is the hard drive... even if this game doesnt require high specs.
  • Options
    I agree with that; flesh out and polish the already existing mechanics, and fix the bugs quicker or create some kind of bug testing program to engage the community more. Perhaps that would teach many about game production too, and keep us from hearing how bad the game is every twenty second. I come here to have fun about a game I find cute, and the negativity stands in the way.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020

At this point I kinda lose hope that TS4 will be of equal quality to its prequel games, so I just learn to accept the game for what it is. That way I don't lose my sanity when some features are broken, bugged or glitched out because it's Sims 4
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I agree with that; flesh out and polish the already existing mechanics, and fix the bugs quicker or create some kind of bug testing program to engage the community more. Perhaps that would teach many about game production too, and keep us from hearing how bad the game is every twenty second. I come here to have fun about a game I find cute, and the negativity stands in the way.

Same 😕 no the negativity doesn't stop me from having fun in my game. I was having a blast last night. But it really sours the mood of the forum. I can't be the only one genuinely excited for more years of this game. 😵
    And I hate to stop coming here because I love discussions and I love the sims 😒
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Yes, I agree, I think it sounds interesting, depending on how to interpret it of course; that they think the game can be infused with more content.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited December 2020
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    There is plenty to do with Sims 4 and I think an overhaul to Sims 4.5 would be the real way forward. I'm enjoying Sims 4 a lot. Just a few more personality additions would be magnificent.

I'm of a different mind on this and I'm saying this as a fan of The Sims 4. I'd rather they introduced Sims 5 (yeah, I know, we'd have to start all over again) instead of trying to prop up what is starting to feel like an overburdened Sims 4 engine that is struggling under the weight of all the additional content they've added over the years. There is a life span on dynamic games like the Sims franchise, the original engine becomes dated and overburdened, technology changes and gets better and then outpaces the original core. I suspect the coding of new packs is getting more difficult to mesh with the existing complicated behemoth that the game is now.

The Sims 5 would be built on a new and updated engine that could handle larger more complex programming that would allow for more game growth, it wouldn't be as difficult to find and repair bugs when they come up and it would offer the opportunity to offer new content and not just the old favorites. I do not think it will be the magic bullet for those who are dissatisfied and dislike the game, however, it will still be The Sims X and likely not an exact remake of the older versions they remain attached to.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    izecson wrote: »

At this point I kinda lose hope that TS4 will be of equal quality to its prequel games, so I just learn to accept the game for what it is. That way I don't lose my sanity when some features are broken, bugged or glitched out because it's Sims 4

Yes, I feel the same and I do not expect it to surpass any of the older versions Imo.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen