Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone build me a house?

AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
Or direct me to a download if you already have one?

I'd love a very architecturally detailed exterior of a town house for my generation 2 sim. I'd like something that looks imposing from the outside, landscaped and old money looking if that makes sense? It can be unfurnished completely, I don't mind that. I'm not the worst builder, but I simply can not get it to look the right way and people here are just so talented.

Thanks so much for reading!
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• ssssimyalaterssssimyalater Posts: 36 Member
    Not sure if you've already tried this, but this Youtuber, The Sim Supply, makes really awesome houses + tutorials. He uploads the houses to the gallery as well - I can't link you but Youtube/Gallery search The Sim Supply & you will find!
    I would offer to build you one myself but quite frankly, he's better :)
  • 14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member
    I really need to work on my outside architecture so I'm gonna give this a go, if not just for practice. Don't hold out for me though! You'll find much better builds elsewhere.

A few questions:
    What sized lot?
    How many rooms/basic layout (eg, downstairs bathroom, 3 bedrooms, basement, open plan kitchen/dining?)
    What packs do you have?
    Happy to download a bit of cc?
    B6dXq3o.png
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    @rosemow thank you for the link. Caths house is beautiful, but I'm mostly looking for a single rather than a duplex :)

@14hours thank you for taking on the challenge! For the lot size, I think 30x20 would be the maximum size, I don't beed a big house. As for the floor plan, I don't have any specifics, not for the bedrooms. I haven't planned out the number of children, etc so I can adapt on the go. And cc wise, if you're referring to build cc, I have a lot of windows/walls/etc already so feel free to go nuts, don't mind it one bit. Or any cc for that matter haha
    hhHD2XB.png
  • seaofsenecaseaofseneca Posts: 116 Member
    If you post a picture of what you are looking for, I will build it for you!
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Hey, saw this in the gallery:
    (Tried to copy the link but then realised I am not a member haha, you can locate it if you search for Black and Tan Townhouse)

Not sure if it matches what you wanted :)
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
    @seaofseneca sadly I dont have a particular house in mind, more of a style in general, hence why I just can not get it right by building it myself. My inspiration pictures were these, I just adore the details on the outside shell:

building-classic-house-paris-vintage-Favim.com-428470.jpg
    parisian-townhouse-exterior-front-of-home.jpg?w=1000&h=563

hhHD2XB.png
    > @Amiutza said:
    > @seaofseneca sadly I dont have a particular house in mind, more of a style in general, hence why I just can not get it right by building it myself. My inspiration pictures were these, I just adore the details on the outside shell:

@Amiutza I could quite quickly build the house in the 3rd picture if you wanted? I likely wouldn't have time to furnish it if that's alright, but I can create the shell and outdoors aspects, those are my speciality anyway haha, I'm not the best are indoor design :)

@Amiutza Just realised this style seems very Parisien haha, found a few cool other examples and might try combining them. Wanted to ask btw what you wanted for the side of the build? It seems these houses are usually directly connected to other houses hence their location in large cities. I was planning on just making all the sides mimic the front but without a grand entrance.

@Nore yup it's super parisian and as for the sides, that sounds really great. I can't wait to see what you come up with and don't worry too much about the interior, I can work with anything, it's just the exterior that just doesn't wanna come to life for me
    hhHD2XB.png
    edited October 2017
    @Amiutza Just finished :) Modelled it after the pictures you linked and a few I googled for Paris. Ended up better than I expected, I was concerned the single rectangular block nature of it would be too plain but I was able to accent the walls to make it less noticeable.

Here's some pictures:

617021246eaaed55b6c6a0b84647bab2332a87881ee2ed4c1bf16d7c9e5c7aff941909d1.jpg

51873216ef7dbde92860d555445cdb875b14bb62d54da91e70e30dcdcdf705973fa33f38.jpg

011657374a94c28bf3e10ea5f9781316b8a4baf18598351a1bd7580c01372b40cb2515a3.jpg

13391666c7942c36f7dfee04206e55327e46b9084bcf24ee412c72f9e9bfb5229e3c1d7c.jpg

4997934582f0450a35781d5588eb028ee0055ccac3add554677334e8db79384efc0a4d9a.jpg

You can find it in the gallery under Zeniere House or here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A6B78DAABD1611E78B93EC099AB30C43

• withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Here's a little French country style home I have on the gallery. It's a budget build so it's under 40K and I was fascinated with playing with large families, so I made homes with a ton of bedrooms and modest décor but enough to place and play.

Here's an image gallery to take a look around.

K48jACS.png

2V0TWUe.png

Tluchj7.png

Ik5oZrT.png

YwjWz5v.png

@Nore oh my god I am absolutely speechless, you have literally knocked it out of the park, it's absolutely breathtaking! I can not thank you enough!

@withlovejulien your house is adorable and it's absolutely going into my game. Thank you so much
    hhHD2XB.png
    @Amiutza thank you for those amazingly kind words haha. It was absolutely my pleasure, I lived in Paris for a year and utterly fell in love with the architecture... And the food and culture and style and art and language haha.

I left the inside entirely up to you, I did put in some stairs to make sure each floor was accessible. It has 3 stories with a tiny attic in the 4th floor above. The nice bit is that you can absolutely ignore the 3rd floor entirely if you don't need the space and expand to it if your family grows. There's foundation as well so that gives you some options for sunken rooms if you wanted.

I was very pleased with how it turned out so I might go ahead and furnish it in a French style as well and maybe rework the landscaping as I kind of just threw some bushes around since I'm not familiar with appropriate landscaping for a city house haha. Doesn't seem like any of the Parisian examples I saw had any landscaping at all since they are in the middle of the city but it felt too empty to leave out landscaping here haha.

• HelpAGirlOutHelpAGirlOut Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone! I’m brand new here. I just got the Sims 4 for PS4 the other day and just stumbled upon this forum tonight. Is there anyone out there who would like to build a house for me? I have some pictures of one I would love to have identically recreated! Please let me know if anyone is interested and how to proceed. Thank you so so much!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hello!

Here is a thread for wishing for builds from builders:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983206/d-n-a-request-team-s4-designing-nature-architecture-just-for-you

You can also post the links to your pictures here, and when I quote them they will come alive. Then just wait to see if anyone is interested. :)

The forum moderators has a thing for necroposting, so they might close this thread; they rarely go to this section though.

Since you are a new member you cannot create new threads and post links etc.
    Here is a thread that explains about the member status on the forum:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17568845/#Comment_17568845
  • HelpAGirlOutHelpAGirlOut Posts: 3 New Member
    @Auroraskies Hi there! Thank you so much for your response and all of the information. I really appreciate it! And I was hoping someone would see this and help out! I'm very new to all of this and still learning so I will try posting the links to my pictures there. Thank you for all the help!
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    If you haven't found someone to build whatever it is you are looking for I could always give it a try!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Oh, you are welcome, and you already got a builder interested!
  • simsiefansimsiefan Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi, Idk if the op is ok with this, but I’m looking for a talented builder to build me something kinda specific for the whimsy stories legacy challenge. I would like it to be for a single mom (by choice) and her four kids, at least one in each life stage (1 teen, 2 children, 1 toddler and an infant.) And their pet (cat or dog I don’t care.) She is a college professor, and I would love a baby room. Like just for the infant. I love those for some reason. Anyway, I haven’t made this family yet (literally 32 us dollars from buying a laptop to redownload ts4 on) but I’m a planner and I want a house lined up for her and her family.
    Also I have all the packs except for snowy escape, paranormal, and the kits. And...STAR WARS🤢... Anyway, excuse my cringe name, this is from some years ago.
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Hey @simsiefan, what type of house would you like? I myself am a basegame builder, so you'll probably pick someone else to make the build for you, however if you could say whether you are looking for something towny, rural, maybe a style (modern, country, retro,...) Do you want a garden? Plot size and or budget? It would help a potential builder create your vision ;)
    @DeanXeL thank you so much for your reply! Do you have the packs and just choose to do base game, or only have the base game? The story I’m going for is her parents were the perfect couple, and they had a lot of happy, perfect children. She wanted that for herself, but she’s unflirty, and decided to be a single mom via lab(with mods) it’s one of the rules that she have a pet, so if you don’t have cats and dogs, you could just leave a tile of space for pet stuff. So she wants a perfect suburban home. Plot size doesn’t matter, and budget doesn’t matter, as she is a professor and is gen 2 so she has “old money” I want it to be nice but not fancy, if that makes sense
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    edited April 2021
    @simsiefan, I only have basegame. I don't know, been thinking about getting some packs but then again, I like building for 'everyone' too and I would not be able to stop myself from always using packs ^_^'

So suburban, like classical suburban? I do mostly modern, but I have made a few more classical houses in the past
    1) A horse ranch
    00.jpg

2) A classic villa or big house
    00.jpg
    00.jpg

3) A normal house
    00.jpg

4) A European style house
    00.jpg

These are all a while ago, I was actually thinking of making a new classical build, since it's been so long hehe. If you have a different style in mind, feel free to post a picture! :)
    I like the style of the European kinda mixed with the normal, if that’s possible. If you are interested you can look at missimreno on the gallery. I love her style but I can’t exactly find a house that suits my needs perfectly. Also if you end up building keep in mind I am totally ok with cc as long as it’s maxis match and I have links.