Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... About The Sims 5... (A Very Long Post With a Clickbait Title)

AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
I have just had a big eureka moment about the future of the franchise— more specifically where we’re going next. Many simmers have seen rumors of The Sims 5 potentially popping up soon, but the Gurus say the Sims 4 is chugging along strong. What gives?? I have an idea about that.

You may be asking why I am posting a discussion about the Sims 5 in The Sims 4 General Discussion area, and I have a simple answer for you:

I believe The Sims 4 is going to be The Sims 5.

Now, I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous, so allow me to explain. I believe that EA is currently completely revamping The Sims 4, and it will be rebranded as The Sims 5 in the coming year. In rebranding it, they will be focusing on a new direction with upcoming packs, and using the expanded Sims 4 engine to the best of it’s ability. Improving upon it and using it going forward.

I have come to this conclusion based on a comprehensive set of facts [i.e two facts + a lot of speculation on my end] that I have compiled on my Pepe Silvia board. Let’s get into it.

1.) EA is very money driven

The Sims 5 coming from an already established engine, with all of the bells and whistles already done and ready to go would be really appealing to higher ups.

What’s more is that The Sims 5 being a huge Herculean update to The Sims 4 would increase interest in past packs and content. Even if they say, make The Sims 5 a free update to The Sims 4, they could potentially see former players returning to the game they abandoned and buying up packs they missed, new folks buying most up most of Origin/Steam in anticipating for the Sims 5, etc. Instead of a 40-60 dollar base game, they’d be seeing potentially hundreds of dollars going into it before the game even dropped. That’s got to be appealing.

What would be appealing to players is already having game staples like University, Seasons, Pets, etc. in the base game already. The team could get experimental with The Sims 5, and not have to go back to, “bring us pets!” “I want university pls!” They can bring new features and packs they haven’t seen before without having to start all over. What’s more is that in a previous survey, they asked which past packs we wanted more features added onto. They could hypothetically return to say Island Living, and add underwater stuff and an active Lifeguard career.

2.) The Sims 4 has been facing technological challenges that seemingly came out of nowhere.

This could suggest that the team is messing with the files and the code of the game in order to make the needed adjustments. Improving the foundation of a game that’s 5+ years old would be challenging to say the least.

“Okay, then. So that doesn’t really say anything conclusive, but if we were to entertain the notion of The Sims 4 being the base for The Sims 5... What could that look like?”

Well, the foundation of the game would be improved. Simmers pre-existing saves, hypothetically wouldn’t change at all, unless they say improved the baby life state or some stuff like that. These changes would be seen in any new save started up by the player!

The game would feature the lore that it missed when the game first dropped (i.e Johnny Zest being the Landgraab’s son, Eliza and Bob hating each other.) It would also see pre-existing sentiments in premade households, as well as the integration of pack features across the board (if that makes sense??) so like if a Simmer has Parenthood installed, Sims around town could have the Parenthood traits. If Get Famous is installed Sims that should have some level of good or bad reputation, would have it + any level of fame. Premades would have positive or negative relationships with those around town, biographies, and added lore content (like a less game breaking version of memories or a scrapbook feature.) This is why I initially suggested that The Sims 5 would be a free update, because some of these, I feel, were disappointing oversights on the teams end. The fact that premade Sims pre-Seasons have randomized hot and cold outfits seems like a detail that I can’t believe they missed.

I can also see them working with game changers to revamp and improve neighborhood lots— adding pools and build mode base game updates to already established builds. It appears as though their work with game changers like lilsimsie and James Turner really helped drum up enthusiasm for Snowy Escape. That’s got to be something that EA and the Team noticed.

Now there have been rumors that The Sims 5 would have online components and that worried both me and a lot of other people. The Sims is what I play to get away from people, not to play with them!

But the fact that they worked with game changers for Mount Komorebi, Sims Spark’d reality show, and the prevailing theme of the past two big expansions got me thinking. And me thinking is dangerous.

What if the online component was community building you could do with other Simmers? Like the team offers map templates and some pre established empty lots (like Newcrest, but with multiple aesthetics to choose from) and you either by yourself, or with friends you allow could build the community together? Like you can establish a list of lots you need, which one of your friends is building what, Sims you want to create, etc. and you build them together and add lore, relationships, etc. through menus and stuff. Then you can upload them to the gallery or download one from a Simmer you like! That would be so cool and a huge exciting feature that would generate a lot of gameplay and a lot of fun!

Your friends could also request Sims or lots and you could send them what they requested too, kinda like a more improved feature of what they did in the Sims 3: Showtime.

Anyway, so yeah... long post... sorry about that. But what do you think? Would you like this? Would it disappoint you? I’m curious! :)
Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• blur0seblur0se Posts: 85 Member
    This is a very interesting theory...and even if they aren't already planning this, a dev might read this post now and pitch it in the next meeting :D
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited November 2020
    It's a good theory except for one thing .....
    The Sims 5 coming from an already established engine, with all of the bells and whistles already done and ready to go would be really appealing to higher ups.

TS4 does NOT have all of the bells and whistles tho
    • No Open Neighborhood (let alone an open world), we can't visit any actual lot except our own without a loading screen!
    • No Colorwheel or CASt to fully customize CAS and Build/Buy
    • Lot Restrictions, We can't have multi-purpose lots, they have imposed restrictions on what our lots can be
    • We can't live in every world, more lot restrictions
    • We can't build our own apartments, let alone our own apartments in any world we want .... more lot restrictions
    • We can't build festivals wherever we want .... more lot restrictions
    • We can't swim in any world .... again, more lot restrictions
    • We can't edit the world how we want, we can't delete the useless premade shells, we can't change the world objects ..... because, once again ...lot restrictions
    • No Group activities, such as hiking, slow dancing, kids playing games like tag, hide-n-seek, mary mack, hopscotch
    • Can't boat with more than one person
    • Limited on Relationships in CAS
    • 3 Traits and 1 Aspiration
    That's just some of the things off the top of my head.

Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I very much hope this isn’t right. The Sims 4 suffers from bloat and is so glitchy. It would take a miracle to fix all that is wrong at this point.

I’m completely in love with the graphics and how the sims look though so that I wouldn’t mind carried through to the Sims 5.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    I concur with Chicklet. The Sims 4 is less advanced than previous titles (which is already bad enough), excluding certain areas of the game like CAS. The game's already got problems loading on previous consoles and an update of this magnitude would likely further damage the game's stability. Despite its messages on player control "where you tell the story", it's a very restrictive and sometimes needlessly invasive game, such as the unusual feature where you can't marry a Sim under your employ because it's "inappropriate". Yet barging into someone's house and sucking their blood isn't, apparently.

If they did this (which I find unlikely), I think it would completely alienate their fanbase more than they already have.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Sims 4 becoming Sims 5? That makes no sense whatsover.Sims 2 didn't become Sims 3...Sims 3 didn't become Sims 4,so it's obvious Sims 4 isn't going to become Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't think that's going to happen, the reason why we have not seen a sims5 is because they are still working on it, and they want to keep selling packs to a growing player base.

The team are working with the game as usual... the reason why they are facing technological challenges is because of the python coding and all the packs that are being added.

I don't know where this rumor that the sims4 will turn into something like the sims4.5 or the sims5 is coming from. I read the article, all that Graham says are that there is much more they want to do with the sims4.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I'm just tired of numbers on iterations by now. It starts to become like Land Before Time with any sequel that goes beyond 3 with numbers in the title. I just hope the Sims 5 isn't called the Sims 5.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I don't want a Sims 5. I like Sims 4.
    I think it would be so cool if the devs has a tech genius to help make the Sims 4 grow as an update version while still being able to be on Windows 10.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    isnt Sims 5 running with a not-made-by-maxis Engine other than the previous titles which should make the game less buggy? I read something like that somewhere once. I have no idea if its even possible to change engine for an already existing game but I think not.

Really like the idea with community world uploads and sharing though.

Sometimes I got the idea sims 5 and 4s further content are selled at the very same time... or Sims 5 will at least not be released for another 5 years.