Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    @rednenemon The first words that came to me was more colorful, but I don't want to plum the forum :neutral: So I settled for 'Weird'.

@CathyTea Yay! I admire your style, I am a bit of a reader fan :blush:

A follow up chapter: Harvestfest in Life Goes On.

I had a series of many short read chapters too catch up with my current gameplay. I am on average not very wordy, but now I'm ready for some binge reading of my own.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Speaking of plum when it censors are they plum tree flowers?
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Shadami wrote: »

Turns out they actually might be, though they look darker in color.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited November 2020
    i've been back 33 minutes and mom already called twice. once to say i had my brothers food and she was coming to get it then again to say she was low on gas which she knew before she dropped me off. so mr coffee is my best friend today. welll that i can see my best best bestttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttest online friend and best sister ever is obvisusly cathtea.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

Every time I see or hear the word plum, all I can think of now is Antwan. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited November 2020

Every time I see or hear the word plum, all I can think of now is Antwan. :grimace:

wonders should i ask it is joseph after all. ......................why does it make you think of antwan.
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So, @DeiraShadeweaver inspired me to start a new legacy. I want to try the writing style she's using, of mixing personal thoughts and game-play notes with the story. I'm hoping to be really patient with this one, not to have real expectations for it, but mostly just to get in and explore.

Here's my first post: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2020/11/26/another-legacy-1-1/

al104.png?w=660&zoom=2

omg I'm going to check it out right now. :D How the tables have turned... your Goofy Love inspired me to start and actually finish my first legacy and now we're starting our second round!
    wonders should i ask it is joseph after all. ......................why does it make you think of antwan.

His last name. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

He has spread his plumness! All the hugs!!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    i've been back 33 minutes and mom already called twice. once to say i had my brothers food and she was coming to get it then again to say she was low on gas which she knew before she dropped me off. so mr coffee is my best friend today. welll that i can see my best best bestttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttest online friend and best sister ever is obvisusly cathtea.

Hi, Sis! All the besssssssssssst to you, toooooo!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 97

There's a death in the family and Angel goes out on a dinner date with @friendsfan367 's sim selfie!

11-27-20_3-49-11-AM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Hi, Sis! All the besssssssssssst to you, toooooo!

yesterday must have wore me out totally forgot about this. :)
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 97

There's a death in the family and Angel goes out on a dinner date with @friendsfan367 's sim selfie!

11-27-20_3-49-11-AM.png?w=800

loved this.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving, everyone! (or, if you're Canadian.... Happy 46th-Days-After-Thanksgiving!)

Sis, that pic with your SimSelf from @LegacySims2017 's story is so adorable! <3
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving, everyone! (or, if you're Canadian.... Happy 46th-Days-After-Thanksgiving!)

Sis, that pic with your SimSelf from @LegacySims2017 's story is so adorable! <3

Here's another I think is great...
    11-27-20_4-00-08-AM.png?w=700
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

its about time he put me in the story i promote him more than my own story. :p . sorry joseph it is true but since cathteas here feeling a little playful.

isn't it one day after thanksgiving 46 is like febuary or march.
    @LegacySims2017 Those thought bubbles said it all!

Right?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    I've been feeling really blah about my blog lately. I have several stories that I've abandoned entirely but I would feel bad taking them down. Overall I feel like I need to update the look of the blog but I don't know how to go about doing it. Should I do rewrites on a new blog? Should I world build a bit better so my stories are all cohesive? Idk...

I guess I've got a fair bit of writer's block lately and been feeling more of a I want to just journal and say whatever pops into my mind. And draw maps. I like maps.

Idk really what to do. Any thoughts?
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I've been feeling really blah about my blog lately. I have several stories that I've abandoned entirely but I would feel bad taking them down. Overall I feel like I need to update the look of the blog but I don't know how to go about doing it. Should I do rewrites on a new blog? Should I world build a bit better so my stories are all cohesive? Idk...

I guess I've got a fair bit of writer's block lately and been feeling more of a I want to just journal and say whatever pops into my mind. And draw maps. I like maps.

This is basically what I have been feeling lately. I tried out several new themes (wordpress themes and customizer are really easy! If you need help, just sent me a PM, I have been doing this professionaly 10 years ago and things have changed but I still know my way around) and found one I like. I left the old content but started a new project which you have read so... yeah. Why not do the same style? Stream of conciousness writing has a very special place in my mind and I do enjoy reading others!

I used to draw maps too, before... a lot of things have happened.

Here's the last one I have worked on, still unfinished...
    serretwip9big.png

I say jump in and do what you feel like what will make you happy about writing. Story driven can be tedious and frustrating at time, I agree. For that reason, I have gameplay written piece I've started to go back on when I feel like I'm going to get stuck writing a story moment. I play out a character I made and just write about the experience. Sometimes I have fun and talk to the character in words. :grimace: But it's mostly about what I am making him do and what I see from it. There's no real story behind it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Hmmm last map I've done isn't quite finished. I guess technically it's a map but more of a dungeon map than a world map.... I really like maps. I've been doing isometric maps lately and learning the style.

I somehow got my theme for WordPress all set and then promptly forgot how to change everything but the menus. It all feels to cluttered right now which I think is the problem. Like my brain. I have to many stories in my head and so it's all just a bit of a jumbled mess at the moment.

I had someone read a story recently and they got to a point where I just wasn't driven at the time but still wanted to put stuff out and they left a comment like "yeah bye this is bad now. Shame"

I think what I have been doing is kind of stream of consciousness but I feel bad dropping the styles I was doing for the individual stories. Though I love each individual story. (For the most part. There are a couple that are. Eh. Done with you) and I guess I'm getting hung up on that.
    100 plums is the easiest to write at the moment because it really is just me talking to Antwan and not having to really tell any story what so ever. It's for funsies.
    100 plums is the easiest to write at the moment because it really is just me talking to Antwan and not having to really tell any story what so ever. It's for funsies.

Keep them plums coming! Looking forward to watching them grow up as they're born.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top