Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    SylviaFeySylviaFey Posts: 17 Member
    @Jazztizz I love the poem and labeling the pictures is so cool. I love the gothic feel of the kitchen.

@luckyheather Beautiful. I wouldn't have ever thought of an outdoor kitchen. Now I want one IRL.
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited November 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Thanks @Jazztizz! It's an honour that it reminds you of the shop from Markath! :D
    Love how cosy is your kitchen is & the messages that you have for your family! That's beautiful! <3

Thanks very much. I made it all up. ^^ I'm my mom's only child (though I had two younger sisters by my dad I got to see in the summer and on weekends until they moved away). But I did have six kids and 2 grandkids. =) So I'm very grateful for my real family too. That collage of photos though is a favorite. I love it. Btw, I play vanilla too. Sometimes. I love your graphic too and your Saint-Exupéry quote. ♥.

Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited November 2020
    SylviaFey wrote: »
    Since there's nothing really in the Sims that represents something I'm thankful for, I decided to create this room with my son. He's the one I'm most thankful for and I thought, why not. Most of it was him going I want that and big doors and windows and anything red or blue. He was also playing Roblox and doing the mimicking thing while we were doing this so... I have a headache but still love him so much. He's helping make Thanksgiving dinner today :)

@SylviaFey this made my day. Hugs to you and Joshua. = )

Edit: Just saw your comment. Thanks so much! ^^ Was fun to make.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Challenge 286
    Theme for the week: A kitchen that contains a thankful item .
    Gallery name of the room: TIME With Family
    Origin id: wrathofcath

... and Friends <3 I chose the clock from Vintage Glamour. I am most thankful for the time I spend with Family and Friends. <3 The kitchen was a perfect choice because it seems we always end up in the kitchen when we get together. :blush:

Rose, I had to remove my original upload because the "tilde" was giving me a "Error 500" code. Everything seems fine with the link now.

Hope all who celebrate, had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

11-27-20_7%253A05%253A32%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-27-20_7%253A06%253A20%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-27-20_7%253A10%253A21%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-27-20_7%253A11%253A00%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-27-20_7%253A13%253A05%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-27-20_7%253A13%253A21%25C2%25A0PM.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    TIME with Family is a very lovely and homely modern family kitchen! @WrathofCath :) Very nice white color,and very lovely warm and calming wood flooring and wood textured furnishings!The Vintage Glamour wall clock is a very special item on the wall to reflect your thankfulness for time spent with family and friends♥ Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! The island sink and stools counter is great to enjoy sitting there and chatting with family and friends whilst meals are being prepared and cooked. The plants on the wall shelving, oval /circular plants wall decor and the vertical row of plants are nice nature touches and the green goes well with the white color. The harvest basket, pumpkins on counter and fridge top, Autumn leaves and candles are pretty seasonal touches! The family recipe cookbooks through the room are homely touches. Very nice corner study desk nook to enjoy being in contact with family and friends through the computer as well as seeing them face to face. The corner microwave and refreshments nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy having cups of coffee from the brewer with family and friends. The wall shelving with the kettle and tins are nice and homely.
    It is a very special warm kitchen to reflect the thankfulness of lovely time spent with family and friends :) Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,781 Member

Thank you @rosemow for that amazing review of the Japanese Outdoors Kitchen :) I am so glad you liked it and liked my way of showing how thankful I am to have the Sims games to play all these years, as I have played since Sims 1 and that I am thankful that we have beautiful nature across the world :) Thank you for the great challenge I enjoyed joining in even though we do not have Thanksgiving in England.
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,781 Member
    edited November 2020

Thank you @SylviaFey :) if you have a yard maybe you could have one in RL ;)

Stunning Kitchen @WrathofCath that wood tone and the white is beautiful and I love the little touches like the candles, pumpkin and harvest basket :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you so much Rose! <3

Thank you for your very kind comment @luckyheather <3 Your outdoor kitchen is just gorgeous! So very tranquil with such a nice lay out.
    I've been playing Sims since the beginning too. It's always been my most favorite game to play. :blush:
  • Options
    FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    edited November 2020
    Theme of the week: a kitchen with an object to thank for
    Name of the room: Thanks for HAPPY DAYS
    Explanation of the object chosen:
    I choose the juke-box as symbol of the thanks for the music that brings joy + the joy in a general sense ... I mean art is given (when performed and done in the way it should) to gift joy or some benefit to people and culture . . . Recently we've lost a great Italian actor Gigi Proietti (quite a symbol of the city a Rome) and that made me think about the artists that give a great gift to people loving their work and doing it with great passion and mastery . . . so I gave the name to the room thinking of the actors performing in theatre, cinema, TV etc. recalling the telefilm "HAPPY DAYS" (that brought me joy and also related to the juke-box) I gave a light touch of 50ies / 60ies style.
    link to gallery: https://www.ea.com/it-it/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B34D7CCD318A11EB8269F8716E6D1AC6
    EA ID: FrankieDany
    Images + gallery image:
    b282616d610fcc0081002c39423b1cd7.png
    795e04d993b50f676ca7c94f9cc3da47.pngd571f84724db0d8c5d39b58fade74742.png
    01.jpg

Post edited by FrankieDanySIMS on
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hi @rosemow . . . deleted the content of this previous message (about a problem with a link) as I managed to adjust the LINK to gallery: for some reason it did not put https:// before the data..... ok now I fixed it and works 👍🏻 .... but the message can't be deleted in the forum (but it's not yet necessary).
    I send you greetings and hugs 🤗

• Options
    Thanks for Happy Days is a lovely thankful tribute to actors performing in tv, cinema and theatre! @FrankieDanySIMS :) They bring a lot of happiness to everyone who watches them perform. It is great that you chose the juke box as the thankful item and have called the room “Happy Days” and have created a 50’s/60’s kitchen that reflects the great tv show that many people have enjoyed watching over the years :)
    Very lovely furnishing of the room! :) The orange and white color scheme is warming ,and the chequered flooring is very nice! The dining table area is a lovely place for family to enjoy sitting and eating a meal or snack together. Sims will enjoy listening to the juke box music whilst cooking the meal and dining there and the music would brighten their day. The striped pattern on the chairs suits the 60’s room type well. The patterned curtains, pretty string lights, flowers and happy balloons on the walls,and hanging wall decorations all look lovely! The harvest basket in the corner nook is a great seasonal touch! The teapots wall cabinet, wall knives, drink bottles on the wall, wall shelving with items on it, broom and dust pan, fruit bowl on the table and box of produce are great homely kitchen touches and reflect the happiness that families can enjoy when watching tv shows together at home. Sims will enjoy having coffee from the coffee maker, and many people enjoy having coffee whilst watching actors performing. Sims will enjoy eating the cakes that are in the glass display case! The gnomes holding the candles are cute!
    It is a lovely thankful 50’s/60’s tribute kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen that contains a Thankful Item
    Gallery name of room : A Thankful Heart
    Origin id : AlJay2000
    Notes : I have so many things that I am thankful for that I had a hard time choosing just one. The room is based upon the fireplace but it is full of thankful items :) I am so thankful for a warm home where I can enjoy tea or hot chocolate with a good book, my pets, my family and most importantly Jesus! Thank you @rosemow for the art. It's perfect!
    Pictures of the room :
    64XXTqZ.png
    MjeAVx7.png
    04u0hzq.png
    y8NMdWM.png
    My sim and her cat enjoying some apple cider by the fire
    73WdGYJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    A Thankful Heart is a very beautiful and warm thankful kitchen! @AlJay :) It is lovely that the items reflect many things that you are thankful for <3 Very nice warm, calming brown and white colour of the room, and lovely homely furnishings! The fireplace area that reflects your thankfulness for a warm home to enjoy all the other special things that you are thankful for is lovely! Very nice comfortable armchairs to enjoy sitting, resting and reading in near the fire in after finishing cooking, and listening to music from the Linz speaker. The books are a nice touch on the table between the chairs, and the white rug is pretty on the nice warm brown wood flooring. It is a lovely place to have a cup of tea from the brewer ,a hot chocolate drink or some apple cider! The screenshot of your sim and her pet is lovely! The blossoms, leaves and candles on the fireplace ledge are pretty! Thankyou very much for using my art! <3 The vases of blossoms and plants on the wall and shelving and the vase of sunny sunflowers are lovely in the room! The fish bowl is restful. It is very nice that there is a pet bed nook for pets :) Very lovely warm wood texture of the kitchen cabinets and counters. The island sink and stools counter is great! Sims will enjoy sitting there eating a meal. They will enjoy having cakes from the glass display case! The spice set,utensils, wall knives, bread box and fruit bowl are nice homely kitchen touches. The ceiling lantern lights are pretty!
    It is a lovely warm and special homely kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow <3
  • Options
    Thanks very much @rosemow 😃 hugs 🤗
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I liked your presentation being a poem @Jazztizz .
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    As someone with a food sensitivity to tomatoes and quite a few other common foods, I am grateful for pumpkins. I use roasted pumpkin along with other vegetables to create sauces which allows me to create dishes such as veggie lasagna, cabbage rolls or even pumpkin carrot soup. I am grateful for the variety of foods available and the plethora of recipes. I have become creative at adapting and trying new things over time but have never had to go without because there is always a way to make something good to eat.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: “ a kitchen that contains a thankful item ”
    Gallery name of room : Pumpkin Puree Kitchen
    Origin id : jojoMOMSTER
    Pictures of the room :
    FdqDKpH.png
    ekd8wuy.png
    The kitchen island shelving is packed with recipe books and the sugar pumpkins are ready to be cut up and roasted in the oven.
    eSrT2Yr.png
    Tea, there has to be tea
    MVQzYB9.png
    The back door or kitchen door with a chair to tie one's boots
    Aq6fE8L.png
    My Alien Simself is rocking by the fire thinking what to make for breakfast or possibly avoiding thinking what to make for breakfast. (She didn't tell me which)
    eGFLEOD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Pumpkin Purée Kitchen is a lovely homely family kitchen! @JojoMOMSTER :) Your food sensitivities would make eating and recipes more difficult but it is great that you have found ways to workaround it and adapt recipes to suit what you can eat. It is great that you can eat pumpkins and use them to replace other items. It is a great idea to use pumpkins as your thankful choice for the kitchen! The pumpkins look very nice on display on the table in the middle of the room, with recipe books, and saucepans and pots both on the table and overheads to use to cook them. The wood textured walls, kitchen cabinets and counters are warn and calming. and lovely orange patterned flooring to complement well with the orange color of the pumpkins. The harvest basket contaiining pumpkins is a special touch! The teapots wall cabinet, hanging herbs and hanging utensils are very nice home kitchen touches. Very nice warm rocking chair fireplace sitting area to enjoy relaxing near the fire after cooking a meal. do some knitting and enjoy a lovely cup of tea from the tea brewer on the refreshments table. The mugs rack and teabags are great touches near the brewer. Very nice homely design of the nook area near the door! The coat shelf, umbrella stand, sports balls, shoes rack and a chair to tie shoelaces are very great! The orange curtains are pretty, and tree wall prints and log wood wall decor item are very nice nature touches.
    It is a lovely warm homely kitchen, which showcases your thankfulness for being able to use pumpkins in meals. Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited November 2020
    My thankful thing is prob a bit strange- the coffee pot. TBH some of the happiest times of my life have been experienced with a cup of coffee and sweet chats around a table with loved ones!
    (Note: I did a few minor changes to a bit of minor deco swap to cut back on packs used)
    Breezy Kitchen (from shooting the breeze - a slang for chat)
    LisaBeesims
    Breezy Kitchen

ZnBNuA2.png
    pKQG69n.png
    lFn9y7i.png
    JctiJy3.png
    dvlEzgy.png
    omiqKuN.png
    QWS1YoK.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Breezy Kitchen is a very lovely and warm homely kitchen! @lisabee2 :) It is very nice that you chose the coffee pot as the thankful item. Coffee is a great drink to have when starting the day, and to drink through the day to help us through all that the day is holding. It is great to chat with family and friends whilst having a cup of coffee <3
    The design and furnishing of the room is very nice! The natural brown and pretty blue colors are beautiful! Very lovely sunny windows nook to enjoy having coffee in the sunlight with family or friends, or enjoy sitting there with coffee to start the day. The candle is calming on the table top and the blinds are nice. The coffee machine is great on the kitchen counter! The patterned floor rugs in the room areas are very pretty! It is very nice that you used the kitchen counters from Snowy Escapes pack. The wall shelving with the kettle, mugs and tins,salt and pepper shakers, basket of eggs and utensils are homely touches! Very pretty flowers in corner nook! Very nice stools counter to enjoy sitting and reading a book whilst waiting for meals to finish cooking.
    It is a lovely kitchen for cooking meals and enjoying having cups of coffee with family and friends! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your kind words regarding my kitchen! It was fun to make. @lisabee2 chatting in the kitchen, I agree is one of the better things in life! Great kitchen!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top