Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Just finished Turkey Day.

If you're missing items just visit one of the villagers in their homes. They'll ask to trade something from your inventory. That's how I got the mussel.

I always find mussels when I go diving, only missing that crab! Did you find that fishing or diving?

For me they asked for something I didn't have in my inventory haha, but it was an easy item to get. I got the crab from diving myself. I had to get two of them, as I didn't have it yet for my museum lol. The Barred Knifejaw isn't in season though so I couldn't catch it. Coco gave me one for a Sea Bass though haha!

I actually caught two barred knifejaws! Where you at in the world? It's autumn here in the game 😊

Just finished the event but will now also go looking for the crab as I didn't have it yet either. I thought I did but it was another crab so it's not in the museum yet :D

Oh really? It's autumn here too, I'm in Canada, but the guides I read all said they could only be caught in spring and summer so I didn't try fishing for one haha.

I caught a barred knifejaw, but it took about 30 minutes. I kept catching dabs and other fish. I even wasted an entire stack of fish bait trying to find one.

I wonder if it's always available in the fall and the guides are wrong or if they made it available for the event. I think they increased scallops for the event, I caught 5 in a row hahaha! But yeah, I found it easier to just get the stuff from the villagers in the end.
    edited November 2020
    Okay I'm going back offline, but my island is still open for anyone who wants to shop, explore, or grab some free DIYS from the fairgrounds. (or whatever else you want to do, I'm not picky about picking fruit/flowers haha) Dodo code is JGLP6. Also, I have quite a few fossils in my storage so if anyone is missing any still let me know what you need!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Okay I'm going back offline, but my island is still open for anyone who wants to shop, explore, or grab some free DIYS from the fairgrounds. (or whatever else you want to do, I'm not picky about picking fruit/flowers haha) Dodo code is JGLP6. Also, I have quite a few fossils in my storage so if anyone is missing any still let me know what you need!

Oh cool I'll actually visit just cause I want to see what it looks like :D

Enjoy :) I'm not online on my switch so my character will ignore you if you happen across her (Forget where I left her standing haha) But yes, feel free to run around and explore everything and do whatever you want! My island is kinda tropical themed so looks better in the summer haha. The fairgrounds with free DIYS is in the back middle on the top tier.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    When/ how do you add the secret ingredients?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited November 2020

Enjoy :) I'm not online on my switch so my character will ignore you if you happen across her (Forget where I left her standing haha) But yes, feel free to run around and explore everything and do whatever you want! My island is kinda tropical themed so looks better in the summer haha. The fairgrounds with free DIYS is in the back middle on the top tier.

Your island is beautiful!!!

Now I know you don't need it with all the lovely flowers and waterfalls but I left the flower I usually wear in my hair next to your character :D consider it a visitor's gift!
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member

After you make the dish you talk to Franklin with the ingredient in your pocket and he will ask for it.

If you talk to the villagers that are inside their homes they will ask for oysters and other things to cook. Bring them that and they'll tell you what the secret ingredients are (and also give you some for other dishes). Just bring what they give you or the stuff they mention to Franklin! :)

After he makes the dish then when you talk to him again he asks for the secret ingredients and you have to figure out what they are (Or just look them up like I did haha... )

Now I know you don't need it with all the lovely flowers and waterfalls but I left the flower I usually wear in my hear next to your character :D consider it a visitor's gift!

aw tysm!!!! Very sweet of you!!! :)
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad I asked, he didn't say anything about secret ingredients to me, just went on to the next recipe.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad I asked, he didn't say anything about secret ingredients to me, just went on to the next recipe.

He did that for me too, but then when I went to give him the ingredients for the next recipe he asked me for the things for the previous ones lol. Maybe cuz I had them in my inventory already.

Now I know you don't need it with all the lovely flowers and waterfalls but I left the flower I usually wear in my hear next to your character :D consider it a visitor's gift!

aw tysm!!!! Very sweet of you!!! :)

Haha yw. It was so much fun walking around on your island xD I don't have the clothing store yet so I just spent far too much time clothes shopping on your island 😂 it was great.
    Soleil just gave me a Dungeness crab for gratin, but I donated it to the museum instead :sweat_smile:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Soleil just gave me a Dungeness crab for gratin, but I donated it to the museum instead :sweat_smile:

Ahh :D is it the last ingredient you need? Any more villagers that need ingredients?
    edited November 2020

Ahh :D is it the last ingredient you need? Any more villagers that need ingredients?

No, I still need a barred knifejaw too. There are villagers who are willing to trade, I just need to get what they need first.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Sorry if anyone got stuck on my island. I just found out that my 6-year-old snuck onto my switch lite while I was offline sorting through her old clothes, and she left the game with the inventory menu open! oops, haha! Problem is solved now though, and island is still open.

Haha yw. It was so much fun walking around on your island xD I don't have the clothing store yet so I just spent far too much time clothes shopping on your island 😂 it was great.

Haha I HAVE the clothing store and I still do that when I visit others islands lol. I have so many clothes in this game LOL
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited November 2020
    I got through all the regular recipes might try the secret ingredients later when/if I'm less distracted (realizing vacation is almost over and I got get cracking on writing before I go back to work and lose all focus again, esp. as we enter new covid restrictions tomorrow that I'm sure will replay the first lockdown where work was beyond insanity).

Opening my island for now I'll probably be AFK off and on but come on by. Dodo code H5KQ6. G2459

Usual applies, I have a bunch of DIYs out please just take as many as you need, I'm going to get twitter in to clean it out soon so grab it if you want it I'd rather it all go to people here first (I know most probably have most of it already but if you don't please don't be shy take it all if you need it lol). Shake down trees if you need fruit, take a bunch, I think pretty much everything but the orchard is wiped already but go into the orchard if you need. If you want any limited items in the cranny go for it.

Edit: Connection crashed, apologies if anybody was on my island. New code G2459.

Edit: closed
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on

Haha I HAVE the clothing store and I still do that when I visit others islands lol. I have so many clothes in this game LOL

Lol yes it's definitely one of the best parts of the game xD I also grabbed one of your designs 😂

Lol yes it's definitely one of the best parts of the game xD I also grabbed one of your designs 😂

Also on that note I think it's hilarious all my villagers now say stuff like "wow that must be designed by Ice!" 🤣
    I just got Bluebears photo! She’s only been in my island since October 24. Lionel has been here longer and he’s being stubborn about giving his photo.
    My Island is open for anyone wanting to come shop/ explore/ grab diys from the fairgrounds. Feel free to pick stuff/Buy LE items. I'll probably be offline myself. Dodo is N2KSY. Also, if anyone happens to figure out who my daily visitor is, let me know haha. I just realised I haven't seen anyone yet.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    since mom kept interuptin g doing theeventagaintoday. space bar stuck. kept
    My Island is open for anyone wanting to come shop/ explore/ grab diys from the fairgrounds. Feel free to pick stuff/Buy LE items. I'll probably be offline myself. Dodo is N2KSY. Also, if anyone happens to figure out who my daily visitor is, let me know haha. I just realised I haven't seen anyone yet.

Last week on saturday I never found a daily visitor on DevilFalls. I can't get KK yet, and I never saw anyone else. It was weird. I thought you are always supposed to have someone visiting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top