Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black Friday Sale - but what stuff packs to buy?

This is the list of 7 stuff packs I don't own, it's tempting to buy more as the sale is at 50% discount!
Could you please help me choose which out of these you think are worth getting the most?

Black Friday Sale - but what stuff packs to buy? 56 votes

Luxury Party Stuff
1%
calaprfy 1 vote
Perfect Patio Stuff
8%
MichelleWIsb917MDianaSimsRedShoe7lexibee 5 votes
Fitness Stuff
7%
texxx78superkyle221logionHandel 4 votes
Laundry Day Stuff
33%
crocobauraBlkBarbiegalHowGreatThouArtg01denswanluthienrisingcmbaker16charmed4life4bixtersSimsChica2013annaliese39DoloresGreyEnkiSchmidtBreazonacalipossAtreya33birdonawireSimmerGeorgetelemwillJess_Kimba 19 votes
Moschino Stuff
12%
SimburianSelinaKylessnoepjes1210mustenij1z1x4m1r4netney52 7 votes
Tiny Living Stuff
30%
Goldmoldarsimgirl1010ashcrash19smurf45bluetaydevBird166kristenleighwhiteadamzaidOnverserEvilyn_1007permanentroseSERVERFRARouensimsKimmerEllupelluelluAvis_pixieEternalSunshine 17 votes
My First Pet Stuff
5%
SheriSim57Simtown15mctsimmer 3 votes

Comments

• RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Really interesting results so far, these were the ones I was least thinking of getting so if possible it would be great to know why some are better then others :) thank you for voting!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    I always believe that whenever there's a sale, I will be buying the one that I'm not willing to pay the original price. So, that's why I suggested the Moschino pack.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I always believe that whenever there's a sale, I will be buying the one that I'm not willing to pay the original price. So, that's why I suggested the Moschino pack.

Thanks, I have read that the photography is the main reason for buying this pack, does it add a lot to general photography gameplay?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Tiny Living Stuff
    Tiny Living is leagues ahead of all the others imo.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I didn't vote because I couldn't decide on just one, but here are my thoughts.

Personally, Tiny Living and Laundry Day are my favorite when it comes to building. I find myself using the objects very often, as they offer a good variety. Picking just one would depend mostly on the style you like to use the most. In terms of gameplay objects, if you like recreating everyday life and having your sims tend to their home, Laundry Day gives you that. It's nice to have different ways of doing laundry based on your sim's lifestyle, but, as many things in this game, will eventually become repetitive. Tiny Living basically doesn't bring anything for gameplay, unless you think occasionally repairing a bed, risking injury and death if you don't, is interesting gameplay. I'd really only buy that pack if you are a builder.

In terms of gameplay, Moschino has a clear advantage, with improved studio photography and a new independent career. I haven't used it much, as I got it recently, but considering the objects available in other packs, it's a pretty clear winner. The windows are nice too for builders.

In my opinion, Fitness stuff would come second in terms of gameplay. The climbing wall is difficult to fit into a build, but being able to workout with just a tv is really helpful, and the earbuds can be nice too. This pack also brings quite a few nice objects for building. For an overall usability (taking into account both gameplay and building), it's my favorite.

I really can't recommend the three others, though they are not necessarily entirely bad. Some people might enjoy the buffet table and drink fountain from Luxury Party, but in terms of items, the pack is quite sparse and the items are garish. I basically never use this pack except for some CAS items and the buffet table.

I liked Perfect Patio more. It has some nice items (and extra swimsuit options, which we don't have many of otherwise. The problem is that its unique gameplay feature is now available in base game, so unless you are a builder or in dire need of new swimwear for your sims, it isn't worth it.

My First Pet Stuff is... well it got a lot of backlash, didn't it? I don't think it's that bad as a stuff pack, though. It brought pet clothing I don't care for, but the new items for pets do look very nice. The rodents can be fun to play with, though the item for them is quite big and very colourful, fitting for a kids' room. In fact, most of the build/buy objects that are not for use by pets are quite childish, with bright colours and funny patterns, so it is useful if you play with families and want fun kid's rooms and play rooms, but that's about it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2020
    My First Pet Stuff
    I have them all, and I picked my first stuff pack because it enriches children’s play. It also has some kids furniture that matches furniture I think in cats and dogs. Another pack I think is better than most people rate it is Luxury Party stuff. Although the clothes are kind of flashy ( good for a prom... lol), it does have the banquet table which really comes in useful for weddings, and home parties. I even put it in some night clubs, bars, and lounges. I was just thinking it would also be good in get famous accolade spots. You can make your own food items to put on it, or you can buy them premade. You can choose one item at a time, or choose the full table. I have never had problems with the item, and it allows you to spend more time with your guests. I also like the hair styles too.
    Fitness stuff has earbuds where you can do things like jog and listen to them, it also has the rock climber machine which is now good to practice for rock climbing,. Moschino stuff is good it you like photography. You can pose your sims about anywhere, and there is a really cool big window in the pack. Tiny living is greats for small places, as things do double duty.”
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
    I didn't vote because I couldn't decide on just one, but here are my thoughts.

Personally, Tiny Living and Laundry Day are my favorite when it comes to building. I find myself using the objects very often, as they offer a good variety. Picking just one would depend mostly on the style you like to use the most. In terms of gameplay objects, if you like recreating everyday life and having your sims tend to their home, Laundry Day gives you that. It's nice to have different ways of doing laundry based on your sim's lifestyle, but, as many things in this game, will eventually become repetitive. Tiny Living basically doesn't bring anything for gameplay, unless you think occasionally repairing a bed, risking injury and death if you don't, is interesting gameplay. I'd really only buy that pack if you are a builder.

In terms of gameplay, Moschino has a clear advantage, with improved studio photography and a new independent career. I haven't used it much, as I got it recently, but considering the objects available in other packs, it's a pretty clear winner. The windows are nice too for builders.

In my opinion, Fitness stuff would come second in terms of gameplay. The climbing wall is difficult to fit into a build, but being able to workout with just a tv is really helpful, and the earbuds can be nice too. This pack also brings quite a few nice objects for building. For an overall usability (taking into account both gameplay and building), it's my favorite.

I really can't recommend the three others, though they are not necessarily entirely bad. Some people might enjoy the buffet table and drink fountain from Luxury Party, but in terms of items, the pack is quite sparse and the items are garish. I basically never use this pack except for some CAS items and the buffet table.

I liked Perfect Patio more. It has some nice items (and extra swimsuit options, which we don't have many of otherwise. The problem is that its unique gameplay feature is now available in base game, so unless you are a builder or in dire need of new swimwear for your sims, it isn't worth it.

My First Pet Stuff is... well it got a lot of backlash, didn't it? I don't think it's that bad as a stuff pack, though. It brought pet clothing I don't care for, but the new items for pets do look very nice. The rodents can be fun to play with, though the item for them is quite big and very colourful, fitting for a kids' room. In fact, most of the build/buy objects that are not for use by pets are quite childish, with bright colours and funny patterns, so it is useful if you play with families and want fun kid's rooms and play rooms, but that's about it.

Thank you for your opinion, you have made me feel different about the fitness pack as I didn't know about the TV or ear buds. I am interested in photography so that might be a reason to buy the Moschino pack. I like Laundry but it did become repetitive in Sims 3 so I'm worried about that. Tiny Living seems to be very popular, but it mainly advertises a bed that I won't use, I can't see how building experience would change much.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have them all, and I picked my first stuff pack because it enriches children’s play. It also has some kids furniture that matches furniture I think in cats and dogs. Another pack I think is better than most people rate it is Luxury Party stuff. Although the clothes are kind of flashy ( good for a prom... lol), it does have the banquet table which really comes in useful for weddings, and home parties. I even put it in some night clubs bars, and lounges. I was just thinking it would also be good in get famous accolade spots. You can make your own food items to put on it, or you can buy them premade. You can choose one item at a time, or choose the full table. I have never had problems with the item, and it allows you to spend more time with your guests. I also like the hair styles too.
    Fitness stuff has earbuds where you can do things like jog and listen to them, it also has the rock climber machine which is now good to practice for rock climbing,. Moschino stuff is good it you like photography. You can pose your sims about anywhere, and there is a really cool big window in the pack. Tiny living is greats for small places, as things do double duty.”

Thank you I forgot that luxury party stuff comes with a buffet table, I could see myself using that a lot as I did in the other Sim games. Also ear buds I didn't know about, that will add some realism to the game.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Fitness Stuff
    I chose fitness stuff for a few reasons but the main one is the earbuds. You can have the sims put them on while they go to work (or even while they sleep) and raise their fun skill, which has been super helpful in circumstances where they're not getting their fun needs met. Most of the gym equipment is just a recolour of previous equipment, but if you have Snowy Escape the rock climbing wall can help you raise the rock climbing skill without traveling to Mt Komorebi.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Fitness Stuff
    Fitness stuff because of the earbuds and the wall climbing machine, it offers more gameplay.

Tiny Living has more stuff to build with but not much gameplay, unless you count just living in a small house. I have never used the Murphy Bed in my game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Fitness Stuff
    Fitness stuff cause it adds the ability to exercise with any tv. It adds two exercise channels. I love this cause not all my sims want to have big fitness gear at home or travel to the gym all the time...
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    I have them all and thought I would rank them:
    1. Moschino - photography improvements!
    2. Fitness Stuff - the climbing wall is great after SE, also tv exercise
    3. Luxury Party - gorgeus dresses & buffet table
    4. Laundry Day - I have mixed feelings about laundry
    5. Tiny Living Stuff - murphy bed is useful, don't care about tiny homes
    6. My First Pet Stuff - hamster is cute, the rest of the pack not
    7. Perfect Patio Stuff - not much point after free hot tubs
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    RubyxAngel wrote: »

Thanks, I have read that the photography is the main reason for buying this pack, does it add a lot to general photography gameplay?

It allows for poses when taking pictures, if different emotions. I honestly don’t use the clothing as much except for the black skirt and joggers, but I always use the poses. I hang up the photos around the house, makes the home feel more alive and it’s good it’s not the same paintings going up on the wall. Sims can pose with their toddler, or pet. It’s one of my favorite things from the pack

It allows for poses when taking pictures, if different emotions. I honestly don’t use the clothing as much except for the black skirt and joggers, but I always use the poses. I hang up the photos around the house, makes the home feel more alive and it’s good it’s not the same paintings going up on the wall. Sims can pose with their toddler, or pet. It’s one of my favorite things from the pack

Although I'm not interested in the clothing, I really like this idea. I spend ages getting Sims to pose for photos at weddings etc to go around the house, thank you for explaining it in detail.
    musteni wrote: »
    I have them all and thought I would rank them:
    1. Moschino - photography improvements!
    2. Fitness Stuff - the climbing wall is great after SE, also tv exercise
    3. Luxury Party - gorgeus dresses & buffet table
    4. Laundry Day - I have mixed feelings about laundry
    5. Tiny Living Stuff - murphy bed is useful, don't care about tiny homes
    6. My First Pet Stuff - hamster is cute, the rest of the pack not
    7. Perfect Patio Stuff - not much point after free hot tubs

Thanks, this has really helped me think about what to get.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    It depends on what sort of player you are. I’ve seen your posts about moschino. That would not be my initial choice out of those listed but it’s a great pack. I would have said laundry but you say that bored you in the end with sims 3 and this pack has the same gameplay so it may not be for you. Moschino has really nice bb items which I use all the time in my builds and the photography skill/freelancer career is good. Plus the cas items I use often too. If you are leaning towards that pack I would say get it. I got it with a gift card but feel it is worth it full price, it’s one of my more recommended stuff packs. Fitness stuff is ok but would recommend that at half price. The earbuds are good and it has some nice cas and bb items. My guilty pleasure is my first pet i got that in a sale and have no regrets I love the cas for kids and toddlers and use a lot of bb items. The gameplay is cute too with the small pets. That is a good pack of you are a family player.
    netney52 wrote: »
    It depends on what sort of player you are. I’ve seen your posts about moschino. That would not be my initial choice out of those listed but it’s a great pack. I would have said laundry but you say that bored you in the end with sims 3 and this pack has the same gameplay so it may not be for you. Moschino has really nice bb items which I use all the time in my builds and the photography skill/freelancer career is good. Plus the cas items I use often too. If you are leaning towards that pack I would say get it. I got it with a gift card but feel it is worth it full price, it’s one of my more recommended stuff packs. Fitness stuff is ok but would recommend that at half price. The earbuds are good and it has some nice cas and bb items. My guilty pleasure is my first pet i got that in a sale and have no regrets I love the cas for kids and toddlers and use a lot of bb items. The gameplay is cute too with the small pets. That is a good pack of you are a family player.

Thank you for trying to help, there's so many good ones to get, especially now I have heard everyone's experiences. I still like laundry, I just meant it can be repetitive, but it's nice to have in the game for realism, thanks for telling me that it's the same. I do love pets and family gameplay so my first pet also sounds good.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    netney52 wrote: »

Thank you for trying to help, there's so many good ones to get, especially now I have heard everyone's experiences. I still like laundry, I just meant it can be repetitive, but it's nice to have in the game for realism, thanks for telling me that it's the same. I do love pets and family gameplay so my first pet also sounds good.

I know what you mean about repetitiveness and that is what laundry day is. I love most of the stuff packs and think most are value for money. Perfect patio is one of the weaker ones and luxury party is good for the dresses in cas and fondue. Fitness I’m more meh about but that’s just my gameplay style. The others you have listed are my most liked stuff packs. my favourite is backyard and as that’s not listed so I assume you have that. Its hard to advise and pick one from the list as most of them are very good.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Tiny Living Stuff
    Tiny Living is the only stuff pack that I actually though WOW. It has some cool all-in-one furniture. Plus, it's always a fun challenge to see how small I could build. PS: You can upgrade all beds.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I feel like My First Pet Stuff could have been good if they had spaced it out more then they did between Cats & Dogs. Then probably it would be more received because I do like the small animals. But it felt like a cash grab thing that should have been in Cats & Dogs. I think the most used SP I use is Fitness Stuff because then I don't really need to send my sim to the gym they can just workout with the TV.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    The Moschino pack as I love the windows and the photography career. You can take photos in front of those Get Famous backdrops too.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited November 2020
    Tiny Living Stuff
    Torn between Tiny Living and Laundry Day - buy them both if you can! The build items from both packs actually compliment each other well - and I really like to get good use out of build items, and personally I love that wooden/boho/rustic/simplistic feel you can get with the items from both these packs. I'd say Tiny Living wins by a margin for me though, the challenge of building small lots with special lot perks is just really an amazing feature!
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    Tiny Living Stuff
    My thoughts on each pack is similar to SerraNolwen. I own four of the ones listed. I would recommend all four at $5 as I use them all quite often. If I had to rank them with the things I like the most:

1. Tiny Living - BB & CAS, challenge of building a micro home, & the tiny home bonuses
    2. Moschino - Photography improvements & BB items
    3. Laundry - BB & CAS, realism that laundry adds
    4. Fitness - Earbuds, rock climbing wall, workout videos on TV, some nice BB & CAS items
    edited November 2020
    I ended up getting Moschino Stuff and Laundry Day Stuff because I do photography for my job in real life so it adds fun and realism as well as Laundry for realism, I am impressed with the Laundry buy mode items, however Moschino stuff buy mode items (apart from the photography items) and fashion is unimpressive, especially as they worked with a big designer for this, I won't be using them.

Thank you I liked reading all your different opinions on what you liked about these packs, it has made me feel different about them and I will consider them in the future.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    @RubyxAngel I have neither of those packs. Would you recommend either one?