Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - How to step into spotlights

Hi, I play with Sims begin opted out of fame and it says I can override it for individual Sim by selecting "Step into the Spotlight" within the Fame Info window. But the only thing I see there is Opt out, not Step into the Spotlight. Perhaps I do something wrong? I have 1 fame point though :neutral: Perhaps the setting does not work properly? Or it is also overridden by selecting Actor carrer/getting fame points?
EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
My build previews on this site HERE.

Comments

• Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I'm not sure whether you're looking at the Game Options or the Simology panel. Step Into the Spotlight and Quit the Spotlight are the actions you should see on the Fame Info window which is reached from the Simology panel.

Go to your Sim's Simology panel. Go to the Public Image section and click on the button with the star. This opens the Fame Info window. On the bottom left side of the panel there's another button. Click on the button if it says Step Into the Spotlight, to enable fame for your Sim. Do nothing if the button says Quit the Spotlight, because that means your Sim's fame is already enabled.

I don't think joining the Actor career overrides the Fame setting but it might. However, the setting for Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame does not affect Sims who have already gained any Fame. What probably happened is that your Sim gained at least 1 Fame point before you chose the Opt Out setting, and therefore wasn't affected by it.

• KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether you're looking at the Game Options or the Simology panel. Step Into the Spotlight and Quit the Spotlight are the actions you should see on the Fame Info window which is reached from the Simology panel.

Go to your Sim's Simology panel. Go to the Public Image section and click on the button with the star. This opens the Fame Info window. On the bottom left side of the panel there's another button. Click on the button if it says Step Into the Spotlight, to enable fame for your Sim. Do nothing if the button says Quit the Spotlight, because that means your Sim's fame is already enabled.

I don't think joining the Actor career overrides the Fame setting but it might. However, the setting for Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame does not affect Sims who have already gained any Fame. What probably happened is that your Sim gained at least 1 Fame point before you chose the Opt Out setting, and therefore wasn't affected by it.

Yep, I mean the Simology panel. It says only Quit the Spotlight but I have "Sims begin opted out of fame" in global settings on. Well, hopefully it will work, then. Thank you. I was afraid I am missing something.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Check and see if your global option for opted out is still clicked on. Since the last patch it hasn't been staying clicked.