Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name A Pack You Couldn’t Play Without Mods

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
I’m considering buying some add-on packs for console and I’m worried because we can’t use mods that I’ll run into some unfixable and frustrating issues.

Can you name any packs that would be totally unbearable for you to play if you couldn’t use any mods to fix the issues or make tweaks?

Comments

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    For me it's Eco Lifestyle and Realm of Magic, but it's about personal preference of course. The randomly spawned townies in Realm of Magic really break the immersion for me so I use mods to control which spellcasters visit the realm. And for EL I couldn't play without mods that tone down NAP behaviour.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I love Get Famous, but I also need a singer, so that one I wouldn't be able to play so easily without a mod. But, that's just because I'm rather addicted to that profession. If you put a Sim into the Entertainment Career, they can earn a Starlight Accolade, but it's only via popup. You'd have to go in to build/buy mode and purchase said accolade for display.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Not playing with mods is almost a deal breaker for me, honestly. I don’t know how (if?) I would play the game without mods. That said, I think it would be eco lifestyle because the NAPs were out of control.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Eco Lifestyle and Get Famous
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Eco Lifestyle. Sharing is Caring is NOT okay. I honestly thought it wouldn't be as bad as people said. Well... My sim threw a kava party and someone took the kava bowl, a counter AND the table with chairs. I'm sure they would have taken more if I didn't quit and downloaded a Sharing is Caring Fix.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    None.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2020
    Eco Lifestyle and Get Famous, because of the Neighborhood Action Plans and the celebrities.

Seasons has some autonomous behavior that I have disabled with mods as well, such as playing in the rain.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Realm of magic, mainly to tone down some elements like the potion of plentiful needs. But I would also miss the improved practical spells by littlemssam and a spell to summon cakes.

discover university, for this one I have a mod to check my sims grades during the term.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I need a mod that makes vampires immune to sunlight because otherwise they’re often too stupid to live. Even if I liked a ton of unscripted drama, random sims dying of stupidity isn’t really the thing I’d go for.

The Sharing is Caring nerf is definitely a must have even though I don’t have npc voting enabled.

If/When I get Journey to Disneyland I’m going to get the thing that lets you woohoo Kylo Ren for that sim who’d never met a bad idea they didn’t like.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    All of them. Every single pack has something obnoxious in it that I mod out. :D
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I could play any of them without mods except for Eco Lifestyle. I could only play that pack without mods if I were fooling around and trying to set up silly situations. The NAPs would be too much for me to do regular gameplay.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't use mods so i guess none

though i feel few packs would probably be better with some mods like realm of magic for example cause the spells are sort of nerfed and dont cause enough mayhem for my tastes

like as occult player i really wanted to like that pack but idk what is the point of turning sims into fish if they turn back whenever they like

so i guess it be more fun with few mods to spice up the spells

and id probably use it more with mods than without
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I wouldn't say any of the packs are unplayable without mods... However, the mods that I do have definitely make a huge difference in the game overall. (Like MCCC and Kawaii Stacie mods)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Get famous eco lifestyle
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    Uh... I don't really have any mods that I need for any packs in order to play them nor do I need mods to play the game in general but what I do have does help make my experience all the more better.

I use MC Command Center to adjust aging so it is more "realistic". I've recently started using the time adjustment feature to my sim days are longer. It helps so I don't feel rushed to focus on skills and progressing and have more time for my sims to goof off especially with big families where it seems like their just isn't enough time. I also use the autonomy tuner to get rid of the "idle" during conversations so that sims aren't standing around fake chatting and instead are using actual socials one after the other with no delay. This has made conversations in general more interesting and quick so now when they talk and eat they aren't idle for 20mins before they actually say something or take a bite to eat.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    Eco Lifestyle. Those naps were driving me insane.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I don't use any mods other than UI Cheat. It pretty much allows me to fine tune whatever needs fixing. I did use a mod for ECO Lifestyle to prevent NPC actions, but the latest patch fixed that.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    All of them. Every single pack has something obnoxious in it that I mod out. :D

This. I can't imagine playing without mods. I would uninstall the game and never look back, if it weren't for the mods and fixes I use.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I find the realm of magic worked better for me when I placed a magic HQ that doesn't use lots of packs, I downloaded lilsimsies HQ, I had no problems with this pack since, eco lifestyle works okay for me the only thing that annoys me is the sharing is caring NAP, townies steal stuff from community lots, chairs and toilets etc 😂 , I would of preferred that too be residential only, we have this but not burglars, what an outrage 😂 , i play on playstation 4 and I have them all so far, after that hotfix a havent crashed since
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Parenthood-All that paint flinging just ruined the game for me. Now it's gone & I'm loving the pack.

Strangerville-One of the most awesome looking towns in the game, but I don't want to play the story every time I start a new save.

City Living-Loving the apartments much better now that I've unlocked the fixed lot traits & objects. Also no more ridiculous festival outfits.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Realm of magic just because mods add so mych to the game that it is a totally different experience. I mainly use slower xp, specialized mages, deadly spells and many custom spells.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I would say Seasons is probably the only one, but only until the novelty wears off. I wouldn't ever play TS4 without mods its WAY too boring.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    All of them? I wouldn’t play the game, period, if I couldn’t use mods.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Biechen has a mod that lets you solve the Strangerville mystery just by looking at the bookshelf in the information centre, which is extremely convenient for when I don’t want to do that story, especially since you get mailed a ton of garbage if you complete the aspiration.
  • Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 60 Member
    For me it's Dine Out. Everyone just walks around and talks to each other, NPCs rarely finish their food. I used to use Bienchen's "finish eating" and "stay seated" mod, but they don't work for me anymore since June even though I download the updates everytime.