Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best expansion pack ? Pick 1

2...Next

Comments

• Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Cats & Dogs (Nov 2017)
    I voted for Cats and Dogs, because having pets in my games have been my favorite thing since playing Sims 2.
    Seasons ranks super high for me too, because it adds the weather and overall experience of the game.
    However, if I was forced to pick between the two, it would be Cats and Dogs hands down.
    I refuse to buy My first pet's stuff, because even thought I like Cats and Dogs, it seems kind of dumb having to buy DLC for a DLC.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited November 2020
    Get Together (Dec 2015)
    I would of picked island living because of mermaids but that would be biased for me. Get together is probably my second favorite as it adds clubs, a big lot & the club system which I do love to use. Not to mention coffee shops :) . I think it adds flavor to the game compare to the other packs.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited November 2020
    Get To Work (Mar 2015)
    Still, hands down, Get to Work is the underdog of expansion packs.

GTW gave us actual challenging gameplay. To this day, I still cannot officially 100% diagnose every Sim in the Doctor career, nor get a suspect always right or predict if and when my Sim will be abducted by aliens.

I still haven't fully explored the full capabilities of the retail system (especially with mods :# ) with mannequins and flower arrangements, not to mention having bakeries and photo studios, two retail types I love playing.

I would say Seasons, but it is something we have seen in the last three installments. I have never seen a detective nor a doctor career before, and highly enjoy the gameplay this pack has to offer.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Get To Work (Mar 2015)
    I find myself always returning to the Scientist career, because I just love the endgame of it - especially if my scientist is an alien. ;)

While I love Windenburg and San Myshuno the most for their worlds, I rarely use the gameplay that came with them. Clubs are at best useful for gathering a specific set of Sims to perform a specific task, I don't enjoy the frequent calls about meetings. Festivals can provide benefits occasionally if you want to level up certain skills or have two Sims fall in love, but there's only so much you can do until it gets repetitive.

I suppose the main contender would be Seasons, although I often find myself annoyed with the weather being unpredictable or inconvenient. (Not everyone is afraid of thunderstorms...)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited November 2020
    Get Together (Dec 2015)
    For me it's always between Get Together and Seasons. I picked GT because if I could have only one EP in my game that would be it. Seasons would be great otherwise, but the lack of world holds it back. In reality it's a super tough choice though. Maybe I just like voting for the underdog because Seasons is the clear winner in these polls every time.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    City Living (Nov 2016)
    I love CL so much. I don’t think I could play the game without it. I use every feature. It’s not my favorite CAS but I’ve grown to appreciate over the years. San Myshuno is my favorite world. I enjoy festivals, karaoke, new careers. Get Together is a very close second and sometimes overlaps. I really need both of these.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    I don't have SE yet. My vote without considering SE goes for seasons. But i also like very much EL and GtW.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited November 2020
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons did what all expansion packs should do, expand the game and future packs in a major way.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    I won’t play without seasons anymore.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons is just the obvious winner. Having said that, I can't imagine playing without City Living either. Apartment-dweller for life.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Eco Lifestyle (Jun 2020)
    Eco Lifestyle and Seasons are the only two EP's that expand core gameplay. Eco Lifestyle is my favourite of the two.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Island Living (Jun 2019)
    Island Living because it's tropical and awesome