Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea house left out ?.

I posted before on the lack of Tea but after messing in build/buy I found a few things meant for tea mostly decoration items. So I am thinking they had plans for proper tea but do time issue they left it out.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Maybe they simply didn't think it necessary to add more tea. I would have liked a tea ceremony and some decorative teapots and tea cups, and a low table without the blanket.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    sips coffee
    What would make it a proper tea ceremony? Inviting guests to drink? I would like more gameplay but we already have a tea maker in the game. It’s not how I make tea (I do make a chai tea on the stove sometimes) but I don’t care how it’s made. There must be 20 different ways to drink tea, or more maybe, they can’t include them all. But what gameplay would you like to see with tea because that’s a cause I can get behind.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited November 2020
    sims-4-community-knitting-stuff-pack-first-vote-6.png

they really like to play with your heart huh.
    I was hoping they'd done something with that tea idea of theirs in snowy but nooo

I just really really really want other ways to make tea that are less machiney like cute tea set or using firepit or tea table like ts2 or anything im sick of that awful non aesthetic wnb coffee maker and coffee mugs
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    sips coffee
    What would make it a proper tea ceremony? Inviting guests to drink? I would like more gameplay but we already have a tea maker in the game. It’s not how I make tea (I do make a chai tea on the stove sometimes) but I don’t care how it’s made. There must be 20 different ways to drink tea, or more maybe, they can’t include them all. But what gameplay would you like to see with tea because that’s a cause I can get behind.

For starters, tea in game looks too much like coffee. They could start by adding different cups, and a pretty ceramic pot maybe. In TS2 we had tea ceremony, with sims sitting down at a low table and sipping tea from little ceramic cups. Also, I would like some tea that cures sickness, stomach bugs, induces sleep, etc.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    sips coffee

They included the Tea Ceremony in Sims2. Generally, it's between two Sims and rather quaint. My mind is fuzzy on the details just now, but I remember I liked it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2020
    sips coffee
    What would make it a proper tea ceremony?

It's a full ritual, with special equipment and etiquette. There's even a right way how to hold (and turn) your bowl.
    edited November 2020
    sips coffee
    What would make it a proper tea ceremony?

It's a full ritual, with special equipment and etiquette. There's even a right way how to hold (and turn) your bowl.
    I might be more interested if you could describe what you mean by that. And what gameplay you would expect. I got that there’s a full ritual.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    sips coffee

For starters, tea in game looks too much like coffee. They could start by adding different cups, and a pretty ceramic pot maybe. In TS2 we had tea ceremony, with sims sitting down at a low table and sipping tea from little ceramic cups. Also, I would like some tea that cures sickness, stomach bugs, induces sleep, etc.

I've had some luck with some of the teas from the teapot curing sickness.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    There was a store item for TS3, a small tea table, flowery and pink. It had great attraction for sims, I loved when visiting aliens took a beeline for it. The animations were sims sitting straight, sipping, maybe even a pinky in the air. Adorable.

I would also be interested in what kind of gameplay is envisioned.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I would have very much appreciated a Japanese inspired tea ceremony. It would have been something I'd use in both homes - in any world - and at community lots I could build, again, in any world. I would have even added them to parks in a gazebo, so I don't think they needed to come specifically attached to a tea house, but a new lot type is always welcome.

The gameplay would be, one sim performs the ceremony, and can serve 3 other sims, who sit around in a square shape. While they sit together - we already have that sitting style in game already - their fun, social and relationship points would increase, and as they sip their tea, all negative moodlets would slowly decrease (like how they can if you try to 'calm down' in front of a mirror etc). When completed, all sims would have a Fine Mood, lasting a few hours. I think Fine is the best mood we have to reflect Calm. A lovely way to have built up friendships, and another way to reflect that zen lifestyle.

ALIxxLs.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    If more teas are added to the game, I would play with them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    If you have access to TS2 a very workable ceremony is there when sims go on vacation to the far east. I sim serves, up to 3 more participate, and it's a great boost to social. Don't be impatient as it takes a while to play through.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    That was a great example. I very much like the sitting down together and raising relationship; and fun and social at the same time - for me those are inextricably attached, and it is odd when the sims are doing activities with others, being social and romantic, but have a fun metre in orange.

I know that the game needs to have some kind of design to make it seem alive, so, if inplemented, the autonomy would probably be that sims could do the tea ceremony on own accord, active sims as well as the non played ones; and townies.
    While I agree that it would be odd to exclude this interaction from autonomy, the way I see the developers doing it, would be to give an object a high attraction value and make the interaction autonomous, and/or create a server sim role for the one pouring the tea.

I would like it more to be able to control what sims there are in my world, and would prefer the ceremonial assignment to not be a server sim; but to be possible to assign a played sim. Not necessarily a 'job/career', but in some way a specially instigated activity.

Edit: so for instance, according to the way it seems to be done now: there could be a lot type, a tea house, where an object like a tea pot have to be placed as an required object, and that would spawn a server sim, like a Bar lot assignment does for bar objects with a bartender.

The object could be freestanding, and placed on any lot by the player, with an interaction in it to Start Tea Ceremony.. instead of/as well as calling a tea ceremonial person. At residentials it could be optional who starts.

I want that server sim assignment to be available for played sims though, just like the mixology skill is, and the activity to take over a bar object to start pouring drinks; and without cheats.
    I would have very much appreciated a Japanese inspired tea ceremony. It would have been something I'd use in both homes - in any world - and at community lots I could build, again, in any world. I would have even added them to parks in a gazebo, so I don't think they needed to come specifically attached to a tea house, but a new lot type is always welcome.

The gameplay would be, one sim performs the ceremony, and can serve 3 other sims, who sit around in a square shape. While they sit together - we already have that sitting style in game already - their fun, social and relationship points would increase, and as they sip their tea, all negative moodlets would slowly decrease (like how they can if you try to 'calm down' in front of a mirror etc). When completed, all sims would have a Fine Mood, lasting a few hours. I think Fine is the best mood we have to reflect Calm. A lovely way to have built up friendships, and another way to reflect that zen lifestyle.

ALIxxLs.jpg
    That sounds really nice. Thanks for the description.