Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @SimTrippy
    You can get a free trial for Nintendo online if you go to the eshop on your switch. You can also redeem 1 code every month for 100 platinum points.

A tip if you haven’t bought turnips yet. The first week you buy turnips is a special pattern, so you are guaranteed to make a profit. If you can, save all your bells to buy turnips on Sunday. I spent over 300k buying them on my second island, and I made over 1 million in profit later that week

I bought 100 turnips yesterday but so far prices have been bad. I kind of knew I should have bought more but oh well :D is there a good day each week to sell them or are some weeks just bad?

There’s one price at 8am when the shop opens and it changes at noon. I use this site to put in the prices and it will tell you what your price will be and then you’ll know when to sell https://turnipprophet.io

Some weeks you will have a decreasing pattern so the price will only go down, but this week because it’s your first time you will get a small spike at some point during the week

Yes I knew they changed twice a day but that website is super helpful thanks! Looks like prices should spike around Wednesday 😊 it's really funny to have a kind of stock market based on turnips in the game xD
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I just got Doc's photo!!!

Amazingly it's my first photo, despite having played since March I'm not always good at talking to and gifting my villagers (it would help if I had more time but this is life).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited November 2020
    Got all of my ingredients for Turkey Day except for the mussel. I'll go diving tonight and try to find that. Won't get much time to play tomorrow so I want to have as much done as possible.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
    edited November 2020
    Git all of my ingredients for Turkey Day except for the mussel. I'll go diving tonight and try to find that. Won't get much time to play tomorrow so I want to have as much done as possible.

I wonder if Turkey Day will take place in my game? Resident services will be closed as it's day 6 and will be expanded and open again on day 7. So idk I was just curious? I didn't look up anything I need for the recipes cause I like to be surprised (and also cause it'd annoy me to collect everything if for some reason it didn't take place 😅). Hope everyone enjoys it (as well as actual Thanksgiving :))
    Good question. I'm not sure. You might have to travel back one day to participate.
    Good question. I'm not sure. You might have to travel back one day to participate.

Yeah I checked the post on the switch and it says resident services needs to be completed so I guess not :( next year then!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited November 2020
    I really need to play and catch up haha! I love the new update stuff. But haven't been on since mid-Oct lol! I keep meaning to, just haven't found the time :) Maybe tonight. :)

Edit: Decided I didn't want my villagers to think I forgot them. So I'm quickly rushing through my dailies every day from Oct 25th to get on normal time. Might skip Halloween though. When I get caught up I'll open the island for a bit.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
    edited November 2020
    Tucker and Hippeux sent me photos :) 4/10 now!
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
    Gave up on trying to find a mussel. Will just have to trade fish with the villagers for ingredients.
    Gave up on trying to find a mussel. Will just have to trade fish with the villagers for ingredients.

when does the event start moms getting me at noon. tommorrow.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    @SimTrippy
    You got resident services so quickly! On my second island it took me until day 21 to get the upgrade. I was purposely delaying it because I really like the music that plays at the beginning, and I wanted it to last as long as possible. I finally got bored of not advancing in the game though
    @friendsfan367 Turkey Day events start at 9am and end at midnight.
    Willow’s birthday is tomorrow. I hope she still has her party. I usually wake up at 7 and play, so maybe she can have it before the event starts.
    Willow’s birthday is tomorrow. I hope she still has her party. I usually wake up at 7 and play, so maybe she can have it before the event starts.

There's usually a few villagers taht don't celebrate each event, so she might still have her party! Hopefully anyways!

There's usually a few villagers taht don't celebrate each event, so she might still have her party! Hopefully anyways!

i love villager parties they always seem suprised people show up.
    @SimTrippy
    You got resident services so quickly! On my second island it took me until day 21 to get the upgrade. I was purposely delaying it because I really like the music that plays at the beginning, and I wanted it to last as long as possible. I finally got bored of not advancing in the game though

Haha yes I've been playing it quite obsessively in the evening 😅 and sometimes for lunch lol. I didn't know the music changes though when you get it?

Just curious, what starting villagers you all had? For me it was Shari & Leonardo and I still really like both, I love gifting Leonardo sports items, he's always so happy 🥰 And I love villagers display the stuff you gift them in their homes!
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    @SimTrippy

Haha yes I've been playing it quite obsessively in the evening 😅 and sometimes for lunch lol. I didn't know the music changes though when you get it?

Just curious, what starting villagers you all had? For me it was Shari & Leonardo and I still really like both, I love gifting Leonardo sports items, he's always so happy 🥰 And I love villagers display the stuff you gift them in their homes!

I got Teddy and Flo as my starters. I've since let Flo go, but Teddy is still here. But if he asks, I'm going to let him go, too. I like him a lot and I wanted to have a well balanced island with all villager types, but I'm really bored with the same villagers. I find them moving to be one of the most fun parts.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Flip and Plucky were my starters. Both are long gone. I liked both but they weren't favourites either. Though Flip was close and I still miss him sometimes.
    edited November 2020
    Flip & Flo look adorable!!

And yes I can imagine it's part of the fun @mintycupcake, also because you get to discover new villager's little ways and gifts and conversations. I now have Shari, Leonardo, Prince, Annabelle & Daisy (moved into the town in that order), but I can't wait to see who else there is to discover! Especially because Prince keeps telling me to switch up my outfits more often but I like my poncho :joy:
    Okay, so no Turkey Day :'(

That's too bad. You can always time travel back a day.

Be careful with the gifts to your villagers because they only have a limited number of slots to hold stuff. Best gift to give for photos is 3 wrapped non-native fruits.

That's too bad. You can always time travel back a day.

Be careful with the gifts to your villagers because they only have a limited number of slots to hold stuff. Best gift to give for photos is 3 wrapped non-native fruits.

I traveled to tomorrow then back, that worked. Unfortunately my turnips also died 😅 now I'm trying to find a flat mushroom somewhere but I only find skinny and round ones.. 👀
    I started with Rocket and Tank. I still have Tank and I’m probably never letting him leave. I was really happy when Rocket moved because I don’t like gorillas.

Yay! Willow is having her party!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top