Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your mods folder?

Comments

• Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited November 2020
    12.6 GB 3,500 files. It honestly doesn't really seem that many in-game, since it's mostly CAS items.

My laptop runs alright. I don't notice a significant difference in performance. TBF, I haven't played without mods in quite sometime, so I'm not really sure how much better my game would run without them.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    shanls96 wrote: »
    I didn’t know we could change the file names? Can we just rename them and have them still work no issues? (Idk why I thought we wouldn’t be able to)

One more thing: Don’t change the extension (the part after the period)! Then they will become unusable.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • cr0cpotcr0cpot Posts: 2 New Member
    12.9gb and 4,059 files. Most of it is cc, game and script mods add up to about 200mb. I have a really nice gaming laptop so the only effect is a slightly slower startup time. On my old laptop (which was just under the required specs for sims 4) it made initial startup pretty long and the game would lag a bit but not too crazy.

The worst part is updating them every patch lol- I have them organized really well and it still takes a few hours each time
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    And remember to delete the localthumbcache.package file every now and then. Whenever I do that after making lots of CC changes, I notice the game runs better.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • UnumProvident101UnumProvident101 Posts: 16 Member
    my mods folder is 1GB and 189 files
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    3.36 GB (1238 items). It was really slowing down my 2015 macbook pro and I was essentially out of space on my computer, but I recently got a 2020 macbook pro and the storage increase in AMAZING. Was able to download more CC and two new game packs and I'm not even close to using all my storage. Minus a few bugs with the new update, my sims game has never run better!
    3.36 GB (1238 items). It was really slowing down my 2015 macbook pro and I was essentially out of space on my computer, but I recently got a 2020 macbook pro and the storage increase in AMAZING. Was able to download more CC and two new game packs and I'm not even close to using all my storage. Minus a few bugs with the new update, my sims game has never run better!

Thank you for this post, @permanentrose! I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro and am hoping to upgrade to a 2019/2020 eventually. What are your specs?

> @Rouensims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Thank you for this post, @permanentrose! I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro and am hoping to upgrade to a 2019/2020 eventually. What are your specs?

I got a 13 in 2020 macbook pro, 16 GB of memory with 1 TB of storage. If you do get a new mac, the newest ones Apple is making with their new M1 chip will not support the sims yet (and a handful of other apps), just a warning. The ones they are making with the regular intel cores are still great computers - and I'm sure their new M1 ones are great too, I just didn't want to buy a computer that didn't support apps and games yet (I'm sure all these apps and games will develop software to work on the new macs soon enough, I just didn't want to wait haha)
    edited November 2020
    Also how do I become an actual member on these forums??? I've made 15 posts, which I think is the requirement, and I checked my profile and have 44 points. I just want to be able to post pictures of things I make :(

EDIT - Never mind, looks like it finally updated my status, yay!
    > @Rouensims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Thank you for this post, @permanentrose! I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro and am hoping to upgrade to a 2019/2020 eventually. What are your specs?

I got a 13 in 2020 macbook pro, 16 GB of memory with 1 TB of storage. If you do get a new mac, the newest ones Apple is making with their new M1 chip will not support the sims yet (and a handful of other apps), just a warning. The ones they are making with the regular intel cores are still great computers - and I'm sure their new M1 ones are great too, I just didn't want to buy a computer that didn't support apps and games yet (I'm sure all these apps and games will develop software to work on the new macs soon enough, I just didn't want to wait haha)

Thanks so much! I'm considering one of the non-M1 16-inch computers.

Sorry for off topic! :)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    10.3GB and 2,762 files. I have yet to have any noticeable lag. Game still loads in seconds.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    My Mod folder is 1.98 GB in size for 1,918 items! Yet I still want more haha I love them, they make the game so realistic.
  • Agent48mk2Agent48mk2 Posts: 22 Member
    6.55gb in 1239 files. 5.2gb of that is hairs. 350mb is animations. 500mb+ is clothing.

Game loads to a household in less than 2 minutes in a ssd in a old sata 3 mobo. If it was sata 6 i guess it would load faster.
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    edited December 2020
    43.5 GB
    13,632 files
    518 folders (I categorize by creator)

My game on my laptop runs great, the only thing I notice is that my game takes a couple of minutes to load. I never use my desktop anymore lol because my laptop is more powerful. I highly recommend the laptop I'm using, it runs very quick!

I want to tell you guys the name of my laptop but I can't remember which one it is exactly. it's called ROG Zephyrus, I don't know if it's the g14 or g15? I can't remember. It's 1TB and the graphics card is Geforce RTX 2060 w/ Max-Q design.

Highly recommend!
    Post edited by Yinala on
  • Gavin66Gavin66 Posts: 5 New Member
    Currently my mod folder is 38 GB. I have a really good gaming laptop so works great on ultra. :smile: I have around 3,000 files.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    Yinala wrote: »
    43.5 GB
    13,632 files
    518 folders (I categorize by creator)

My game on my laptop runs great, the only thing I notice is that my game takes a couple of minutes to load. I never use my desktop anymore lol because my laptop is more powerful. I highly recommend the laptop I'm using, it runs very quick!

I want to tell you guys the name of my laptop but I can't remember which one it is exactly. it's called ROG Zephyrus, I don't know if it's the g14 or g15? I can't remember. It's 1TB and the graphics card is Geforce RTX 2060 w/ Max-Q design.

Highly recommend!

I envy your mod folder!!!!
  • MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    0 MB hahaha I have never used a mod even once.
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif
  • GamewithcraigGamewithcraig Posts: 2 New Member
    my folder is just over 30gb and my computer sometimes grumbles but all in all it's a pretty fast machine even with that much CC I do try and merge stuff though so it doesn't have loads of files it's trying to load
  • Vicky_chingyu1023Vicky_chingyu1023 Posts: 55 Member
    It's about 20gb. I mostly use gameplay mods and only have a few cc clothes.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I thing 20mb... i only have a handful of small mods.
  • bellagothsreddressbellagothsreddress Posts: 2 New Member
    I had 52.gb, but I just got a new laptop with more storage so I'm deleting it all and going for 100gb, or basically downloading every item I want lol. My game still ran fine at 52gb, so I'm interested to see how it will run with 100gb on my new laptop.

Yes, I know I'm crazy.
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    11 gb's with 3322 files over 440 folders.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • MarieLove5MarieLove5 Posts: 5 New Member
    16.5 gb, 3600 files and 200 folders (approximately)
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't know I've been working on removing mods and CC I hardly ever use in the game. It's probably a lot
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    10.9GB
    3,463 Files, 75 Folders

To be fair I only started playing the sims 4 consistently a month ago and it would be unplayable (or ig u could say dull) without mods for me. I'm mainly a sims 2 player but after forgetting to backup my mods folder, lost all the mods I got in 2021, so I still haven't re-installed the game out of saltiness, which is why I'm just playing 4 for now. I'm a mods and cc hoarder so I'm sure that size will be doubled pretty soon. Also planning on building a gaming rig, since I'm using a laptop rn so I'm not really worried about the size growing. But thankfuly my laptop is a gaming laptop so the loading times are also very acceptable for now (5mins till I can play). Also currently on a CC shopping spree... I need help.