July 27th - Bug Fixes! Catch up on the fixes with the latest patch click here
July 30th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Which one is the Teenager?

Comments

  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2020
    Long Hair
    My guess would be that the Sim with the long hair wearing the v-neck is the teen.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 158 Member
    Bob Haircut
    Lol, I was thinking about making a thread like this before XD It's a fun game, but sad.

    Also, I really hate when people say it's realistic to have teens the same height as adults since not all teens are short :| It's a game. Having teens and adults look the same to the point that you have to add a tag with the age is just poor game design.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 577 Member
    Long Hair
    In a still shot, the only thing that differentiates a teen is being more slender. In game, it's more the mood swings than anything.
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 151 Member
    Long Hair
    Point well made!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,862 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    All of them.. none of them look like adults to me. XD
    Don't you think they would have had that as an option if all of them were teens?

    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Side-Swept Haircut
    The one on the left looks the most like a teen to me. It could also be the one on the right though. The more I look at the picture the more I can't really tell. :D
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I wonder how long I should let this poll go on for.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 18,517 Member
    Side-Swept Haircut
    Females in RL have a tendency to look like adults even in their teens. (If this wasn't so, why then the old adage of "Jail Bait", meaning a girl can say she is 18, but that doesn't mean she is 18. She may only be 16. Guys be wary.) I was mistaken for 13 when I was 16 by the Avon Lady. A couple of years prior she thought I was 16 when I was only 13 and my Mom stepped in to tell the lady I wasn't old enough for makeup. Even years after I was married, upon gathering with some people who had known me my whole life, but hadn't seen me in quite some time said I hadn't changed.

    As for height, I only grew 1/2 inch in high school. It is said girls gain their height by age 16, whereas boys can continue to grow until they're 21. Does one size fit all. No, of course not. There are going to be those who don't fit this formula, but enough of us do, hence the saying.

    A boy's face will also elongate as he gets older, something we really aren't seeing in the game so much. I make my teen males have narrow shoulders to help indicate their youth.

    And I meant to choose the long-haired Sim and misread the choices. My bad. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,141 Member
    Long Hair
    I'll take a wild guess and go with the long hair one. I literally can't tell the difference between teens and young adults in this game.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,435 Member
    Long Hair
    i randomly picked because non of them look like teens and to me this is unfortunate
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,462 Member
    I'm just going too say it 🤔 are you sure they are teens 😂 because they all look like skinny adults 🤣 they are either all teens or all adults lol
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 2,445 Member
    Long Hair
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I say the long hair one cause she got very little jaw and teens girls in game tend to have no jaw :D

    I agree, the jawline of the long haired girl looks the most youthful. I've never really played around with customizing my sims jaws to know if you can make a teen look exactly like an adult though, so perhaps it was mean to throw us off haha
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 2,445 Member
    Long Hair
    Rouensims wrote: »
    When I was 13, people thought I was 21. I think the game is realistic that way.

    I'm 27 and people still think I'm like 16 so I have the opposite problem haha, but the similar features from teen to adult are realistic in the sense that people from those ages can all look similar haha
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Side-Swept Haircut
    And I meant to choose the long-haired Sim and misread the choices. My bad. :open_mouth:

    Same
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 887 Member
    Side-Swept Haircut
    Females in RL have a tendency to look like adults even in their teens. (If this wasn't so, why then the old adage of "Jail Bait", meaning a girl can say she is 18, but that doesn't mean she is 18. She may only be 16. Guys be wary.) I was mistaken for 13 when I was 16 by the Avon Lady. A couple of years prior she thought I was 16 when I was only 13 and my Mom stepped in to tell the lady I wasn't old enough for makeup. Even years after I was married, upon gathering with some people who had known me my whole life, but hadn't seen me in quite some time said I hadn't changed.

    As for height, I only grew 1/2 inch in high school. It is said girls gain their height by age 16, whereas boys can continue to grow until they're 21. Does one size fit all. No, of course not. There are going to be those who don't fit this formula, but enough of us do, hence the saying.

    A boy's face will also elongate as he gets older, something we really aren't seeing in the game so much. I make my teen males have narrow shoulders to help indicate their youth.

    And I meant to choose the long-haired Sim and misread the choices. My bad. :open_mouth:

    Yes, but this is a game and I want to be able to tell which age my sim is by glancing at them. I hate how teen-elder are basically the same life stage.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 456 Member
    Bob Haircut
    I took a guess. I definitely wouldn't bet money on this though. I hate how difficult it is to tell in TS4.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my book review blog
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    Could be any one of them, because there is no difference between teen, young adult, and adult in this game. Because after how many years, it still SUCKS...
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I wish there was a way to end the poll lol.

    The teenager was long hair! Most of you guessed right! Thank you all for playing! ☺️

    Bonus: Young Adult - Short side swept hair cut in the middle with the skirt. Adult Bob hair cut.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Long Hair
    So @Bearpal64 those who guessed right...are they getting a price?
    (Am I getting a price?)

    :p
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 900 Member
    Long Hair
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to end the poll lol.

    The teenager was long hair! Most of you guessed right! Thank you all for playing! ☺️

    Bonus: Young Adult - Short side swept hair cut in the middle with the skirt. Adult Bob hair cut.

    oh cool, i was right lmao.

    but i like your point. way to hard to tell. they need to be shorter.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 2,969 Member
    Long Hair
    I know they all looked very very similar but the fact that MOST people guessed right wouldn't that mean teens are infact distinguishable?👀
    Even though it's subtle the long hair one definitely looks a bit younger compared to the other two. Which is why I chose it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,115 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to end the poll lol.

    The teenager was long hair! Most of you guessed right! Thank you all for playing! ☺️

    Bonus: Young Adult - Short side swept hair cut in the middle with the skirt. Adult Bob hair cut.

    oh cool, i was right lmao.

    but i like your point. way to hard to tell. they need to be shorter.

    They just need something! Something to differentiate from Young Adult to Adult. Thanks to Parenthood I can give them acne or bad facial hair or both lol. But from the neighborhood management screen it would be nice to know what the ages of the Sims are just by looking at them. Maybe an icon or something when you click on them. Sometimes I like to "save" the townies I like for future friends/mates and it would be nice not to go into CAS with each household just to find the age groups I'm trying to save lol.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 18,517 Member
    Side-Swept Haircut
    As for height, I only grew 1/2 inch in high school. It is said girls gain their height by age 16, whereas boys can continue to grow until they're 21. Does one size fit all. No, of course not. There are going to be those who don't fit this formula, but enough of us do, hence the saying.

    Indeed, and in fact I had my full height pretty much by the end of primary school (or else very early high school), so around 12 years of age at the most! I'm now just a short, old person. :D (Well, semi-old. I'm Gen X). I was always just a short person. However, from the age of about 12 everyone thought I was 16. As a number of you have mentioned however, that might not change for years..... and it didn't! When I was 24, people STILL thought I was 16. It wasn't amusing anymore by then. The last time I was asked for ID was when I was about 34, prior to that I was last asked at 28 years when buying cigarettes!

    No need to clarify that this most definitely does not happen anymore. :D

    The last time I was I.D.ed was when I was 23 and pregnant. Guess the waitress couldn't tell. Somebody (a much older woman) from my parish thought I was only 35 when my hubby and I were crowned in honor of our 40th anniversary. I was quite flattered, of course. Sadly, I'm now 65 and nobody mistakes me for much younger. Ho-hum.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,019 Member
    Bob Haircut
    I know they all looked very very similar but the fact that MOST people guessed right wouldn't that mean teens are infact distinguishable?👀
    Even though it's subtle the long hair one definitely looks a bit younger compared to the other two. Which is why I chose it.

    Longer hair is often said to make 20-30 yr olds look younger. So no, I wouldn't say it means teens arent distinguishable. I thought the longer hair looked younger but went for a different sim because I knew about the long hair effect.

    An accurate comparison would have all the sims with the same hair and clothes.
    Origin ID: 3989
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top