Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How 's Everyone's games playing since November patch and hot fix?

13...Next

Comments

• EkennaEkenna Posts: 1 New Member
    I had 1 crash before the Hot Fix, but since the Hot Fix my game was very laggy and when I tried to save, it kept going for more then half an hour. Then I manually closed the game, because everything was stuck saving and I lost all my progress, which wasn't much, because the game was so slow. I tried without cc, but there was no difference. I'll try some more stuff this weekend.
    So for me the fix made it worse, but my computer installed some Windows updates in the same week, so maybe that's the problem.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    So from what I'm reading, things are pretty frustrating for most people.
    I wonder if any future patches will fix these problems.
    It's all sounding how ts3 went towards the end.
    How is your game now? Do you plan to get SE? I think the December patch will break more things because of the big changes they're planning to skintones and makeup. So I'd patch now or plan to wait until Jan/Feb.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    edited November 2020
    haneul wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »
    So from what I'm reading, things are pretty frustrating for most people.
    I wonder if any future patches will fix these problems.
    It's all sounding how ts3 went towards the end.
    How is your game now? Do you plan to get SE? I think the December patch will break more things because of the big changes they're planning to skintones and makeup. So I'd patch now or plan to wait until Jan/Feb.

Thankfully my game's fine as I'd been here and read about what was happening after the November patch before I knew there was a patch. Usually it's announced on the top of the forums, but for some reason that one wasn't, or I would have downloaded it straight away. I was really lucky. So, I was going to do the next one, but got scared and didn't. I've been playing offline and think it'll be that way for a long time. That's why I felt I had to start this thread. I spent the last few months refurbishing all my houses and venues, and feel I've finally got my perfect worlds and would hate to have anything jeopardize that - that and all my Sims generations.
    And no, I have no intensions in getting SE, or any future packs. In my mind too many packs start impacting on your game.
    I'll just hang out now for ts5!
    And, I'm definitely not going to do the December one either. It's really hard as curiosity makes me want to, but the thought of a messed up game bothers me more.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    My sims have all developed the need to cook. Constantly. It's literally all they do unless I force them to do something else. I let the game run unsupervised for 5 minutes and came back to counters full of food...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims have all developed the need to cook. Constantly. It's literally all they do unless I force them to do something else. I let the game run unsupervised for 5 minutes and came back to counters full of food...

My sims have the same problem. Also they keep getting distracted while cooking. Like they just walk away half way through and start doing something else. It's really frustrating.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My game ran perfectly fine before the hot fix.

Now it won't load. It crashes straight away. I've repaired my game 3 times, cleared cache, removed mods, reset Origin.

I set to play for a couple of hours before bed, and now it's late and I have to get to bed. I'm at the point of giving up :disappointed:

Quoting myself for an update. It turns out my saves have been loopy since the update. I removed my Save folder and now the game loads. I'm relieved my game still works, but disappointed I lost my saves :disappointed:
    giphy.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    my game is locking up...still testing and running through some of my mods.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    The only issues I have since the patch are club members don't change into their club outfits and the sketch pad still doesn't work.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited November 2020
    My issues i have now is sims jumping when trying to blow out the candles on a cake , moving the cake to a counter sorts it though , The most annoying is now how they cook a meal , usually on the bbq and then put it down and don't eat any but instead decide to cook another meal

plus the constant drinking water or washing hands bug is back once more
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    No crashing here, although my game did freak out when I went into CAS after adding some CC - I thought it'd crashed but it came back to life just before I was going to shut it down with Task Manager (thank goodness - I hadn't saved for a while).

I did have a problem where my Sim wouldn't finish painting. She kept charging outside to use the basketball hoop every couple of minutes. So I sold it.

I am having some routing problems at times with issues on lots which were fine previously. I also resized a room with a platform in it which caused an "obstruction" until I demolished the house.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Just experienced a crash today & my sims needs are decaying much faster. Not sure if it’s only me with the crashing tho /;
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I just logged in and was about to play when I noticed there was a patch update? Does anyone know what it's supposed to do? I've been having serious lag time since the hot fix and I didn't want to patch again if it was going to make things worse. I guess what I'm saying is can I play without patching it right now?
    edited November 2020
    I just logged in and was about to play when I noticed there was a patch update? Does anyone know what it's supposed to do? I've been having serious lag time since the hot fix and I didn't want to patch again if it was going to make things worse. I guess what I'm saying is can I play without patching it right now?
    Yes, go into Origin and left hand corner, scroll down to offline mode. You won't get the notification to update.
    Each time you play you'll need to reset that to offline, but it's worth it.

EDIT - I just went to see what that update was, and I can't find it. I can only see the November 10 one and then the November 17 one?

Anyone else know what that one is?

MLgj4Vx.png
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    No crashes but I lost the ability to rotate with scroll wheel and there is no top down view available in camera.
  • Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 60 Member
    I've gotten stuck on an inifinite loading screen twice since the most recent patch.
    I've also noticed a lot of sims that are in relationships constantly flirting with each other. Not sure if that is a bug or if it has to do with the new sentiment system, but it's kinds annoying because they keep making all conversations awkward.
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited November 2020
    This game is a mess. If you go to the EA Answers HQ, there are literally thousands of bug reports. Unbelievable. I never had the crash problem, but I have plenty of bugs going on right now. The audio in my game works but the volume randomly drops way low for a few minutes and then suddenly comes back up for a few minutes...repeat...repeat. I read the ECO "bored" idle bug was fixed but I don't think so. Maybe "kind of" fixed? I'm getting sims with that bored look on their face again and the sim heaves a sigh and then BING! they're back to happy again. I'm also seeing the "sad" bug again. My sim invites another sim over and the invited sim is "sad" for no reason. I also have a new game and one female sim has 4 traits. Not sure how that happened. I changed her trait in CAS and when I went back to the game she still shows the trait I changed. Doesn't show up anywhere else, just in her profile. I can't remove it either. A fine EA mess is Sims 4. I'm thinking about taking a break from Sims 4, maybe permanently. I'm really tired of having to spend hours "fixing" my game every month after EA breaks it with another half-***** update.
    Garaya13 wrote: »
    I've gotten stuck on an inifinite loading screen twice since the most recent patch.
    I've also noticed a lot of sims that are in relationships constantly flirting with each other. Not sure if that is a bug or if it has to do with the new sentiment system, but it's kinds annoying because they keep making all conversations awkward.

Yep same thing here. Every conversation my sim couples have with other sims is "awkward."

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Still good for me so far.
    I did cancel Xmas after hearing about the Father Winter spawns.
    I am playing on a fresh install of the game without Eco Lifestyle, but I am still using my old saves.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I always wait to update now after the whole Eco Lifestyle patch mess. So I waited about a week after the Nov 17 patch to see how everyone's game was going. A lot of the problems I noticed seemed to be related to: not removing caches/mods before updating, not repairing after updating (which seemed to effect a lot of mac users), issues with antivirus protection, outdated mods, and the father winter bug. Since I really wanted sentiments before the skin tone update comes out and probably causes a lot of problems, I bit the bullet and updated.

I've played it for probably a total of like 10-20 hours since updating and my game is running just fine. Ever since Eco my game took like 4 hours to repair after an update but this time it took like 30 mins to download both updates and repair I was shocked. I have noticed the bugs people are talking about like kids going to school in their PJs (which can be solved by just making them change their clothes before school manually), the stairs issue (which can be solved by removing the invisible fence at the top and just hammering the extra floor space that pops up over a balcony), sims cooking multiple meals and not eating anything (which is annoying but can be mitigated by just manually telling them to cook and eat), the birthday cake bug (that can be solved by using a chairless counter instead of a table). I also immediately removed the father winter tradition because that seems to be the biggest problem right now and can really mess up your saves.

I still have my pre-update saves backed up in case there are any problems I'm just not aware of yet. Aside from my game freezing up for a few moments once it's been running smoothly! I'm running the sims on my average dell laptop (windows 10) and using origin. I hope this helps anyone who's still feeling nervous about updating!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited December 2020
    I've just encountered the bug telling me that I don't own several build objects when I want to make changes to an old house I put in Newcrest some time ago, (my own build). I own all the packs though. I'm trying a repair on the game to see if it fixes the problem.

I have never used any mods, moo or cc at all in my game and only play with my or Maxis originals so I'm wondering what the matter is.

Update
    Did a complete check of games installed on Origin and complete repair, started the game again and got the same message that 8 build items were missing on the lot I had gone to before.

I went back to the main menu and clicked on the build items of each pack and all loaded, went back to the house lot and didn't get the message again so I suppose doing the last thing reminded the game that I did indeed have the pack.

Otherwise I'm flummoxed! 🙄
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just encountered the bug telling me that I don't own several build objects when I want to make changes to an old house I put in Newcrest some time ago, (my own build). I own all the packs though. I'm trying a repair on the game to see if it fixes the problem.

I have never used any mods, moo or cc at all in my game and only play with my or Maxis originals so I'm wondering what the matter is.

Update
    Did a complete check of games installed on Origin and complete repair, started the game again and got the same message that 8 build items were missing on the lot I had gone to before.

I went back to the main menu and clicked on the build items of each pack and all loaded, went back to the house lot and didn't get the message again so I suppose doing the last thing reminded the game that I did indeed have the pack.

Otherwise I'm flummoxed! 🙄

I did experience this in one household. I got the "removed items" pop up and looked around and noticed that a few pieces of furniture got taken out. I found the missing furniture in the family's household inventory. See if you can find your missing furniture there. I haven't had it happen to me again across multiple households but maybe I'm just lucky...
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    For me, no crashes or freezes, just the usual laggy and buggy behaviour of all my sims. What ive noticed, now more than ever is that my sims keep going all the way to the bed to sit down, everytime i told them to do anything. Its very frustrating. Imagine having your bedroom completely on the opposite side of the kitchen. My sim is eating, i told him to wash the dishes, and instead, he goes to the bed, sits, and then he comes back to wash the dishes (when he actually does that, because most of the times, he goes to the bathroom to do that.. sigh).

The game feels so buggy. The last thing i need are crashes and freezes lol.
    Tantalus wrote: »
    For me, no crashes or freezes, just the usual laggy and buggy behaviour of all my sims. What ive noticed, now more than ever is that my sims keep going all the way to the bed to sit down, everytime i told them to do anything. Its very frustrating. Imagine having your bedroom completely on the opposite side of the kitchen. My sim is eating, i told him to wash the dishes, and instead, he goes to the bed, sits, and then he comes back to wash the dishes (when he actually does that, because most of the times, he goes to the bathroom to do that.. sigh).

The game feels so buggy. The last thing i need are crashes and freezes lol.
    Have you updated to the December patch yet?
    I still haven't updated to the last one. I'm just hanging out until I read something more positive.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Still can't get open stairs to function.

What are open stairs?
  • RavingbanthaRavingbantha Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue with custom mods. They get disabled upon startup, when you enable them, you have to restart, but when you restart it disables custom mods