We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
    I missed the cut-off so I will be a spectator. Hope something fun like this happens again in the distant future or I can join in the fun next year. I don't know how this works but I am excited to see what everyone gets!
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I missed the cut-off so I will be a spectator. Hope something fun like this happens again in the distant future or I can join in the fun next year. I don't know how this works but I am excited to see what everyone gets!

Sorry you missed the cut-off and were unable to join this time @emilyofspielburg :(
    Made a note so hopefully will remember to tag you when then next one is happening.

I hosted two this year and plan on doing the same next year. In the past, more have been done (4 in 2016!) but it's a lot for hosts to handle so we cut down on the number of them. Quality over quantity :wink:

At Gifting Time, I change the title and leave a comment letting Buddies know it's okay to begin gifting. Gifts are presented here, screenshots often included, with a link to where to find it in the various Sims 3 studios. Others are welcome to admire .. compliment .. and enjoy the game goodies, too!

Feel free to send me a PM if you want more details on how this event works so you're more than ready before the next one. :)
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    oh i'm checking in buddy gift got a little *mumble mumble* , a bit of *mumble mumble* and some *mumble mumble*

things are proceeding well!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 939 Member
    @ADWilson I am checking in for November 29th.. Working on part of my gift and pondering weather or not to create another item.. ;)
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 939 Member
    Hello Everyone I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving or Happy Thursday!

@Rflong7 @Puddinroy Sending you both get well wishes! I hope you get well soon! <3
  • emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
    @ADWilson Thank you! Yes, definitely add me to the list for next time.
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy
    @ADWilson Thank you! Yes, definitely add me to the list for next time.

Hooray! Glad to do so.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving or Happy Thursday!

@Rflong7 @Puddinroy Sending you both get well wishes! I hope you get well soon! <3

Thank you. I'm feeling better today!
    :) Smile!

• oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    @ADWilson, just checking in! My gift is progressing, a little slow then I have anticipated but its fairly completed. Can't wait for the gifting to begin! Happy simming everyone :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I want to wish all of my friends here a Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

Whether you celebrate this holiday or not, it’s still a day to reflect upon what you are thankful for. The “what” can also include who.

Anyway... I am spending the day with my favorite family. The Partridge Family. 😉 The sister channel to our local FOX channel is having a 50th anniversary of the show. Non-stop David Cassidy. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 ((sigh))

For those of you who are too young to remember this show, The Partridge Family premiered back in September of 1970; starring Shirley Jones as the mom... (the late) David Cassidy - Shirley’s real life stepson - was cast as her eldest son.

I hope y’all enjoy today. No matter what you’re doing.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Whether you celebrate the holiday or not I wish you a beautiful day & leave you with this blessing.
    d7631fbadc6cb58675b304995d06adcf.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,076 Member
    Boy am I embarassed.I was trying to help someone find a piece of furniture and misread their post, they wanted something similar to the
    picture they posted.And I thought they were having trouble finding a working link for that couch.
    :D
    I'm still fighting a nasty head cold...and I hope its not the dreaded one.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day.

@ADWilson, I'm going to check in now before I forget.

To my buddy, I'm happy to report that your gift is very near completion.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I'm still fighting a nasty head cold...and I hope its not the dreaded one.

Wishing you a strong recovery from the cold and plenty of tea & rest to make it so.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,993 Member
    For all those who were feeling yucky, I do truly hope you are feeling better now. My vertigo seems to have left me for now, so I'm again enjoying some computer time, though I am still trying to stay off-line more and off computer more.

I also hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and was truly thankful for lots of wonderful things, opportunities, friends, family, etc. We enjoyed a vegan Thanksgiving week with our best friends who will be leaving today. I am so very thankful they came to spend time with us during this most challenging of times. We played lots of games, had deep conversations, and, of course, spent lots of time in the kitchen exploring new recipes - all of which we loved - dal and biryani with homemade vegetable stock, fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce (my fav!), roasted sweet potato fries, burritos with a roasted mashed potatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas, and black beans, and, of course, the Thanksgiving meal itself with a veggie roast and tofurkey with rice stuffing, mashed potatoes with cultured vegan butter and sour cream, green beans with left over almond milk pulp, along with all the desserts and chocolate chip cookies, smoothies, and frozen banana cream. We also made some truly yummy pasta dishes with great sauces and ate some awesome bread by the Village Bakers in Flagstaff.

I've been playing a Lumberjack challenge and just finished that, so I'm looking forward to gifting time and playing with more fun options in my game.

Have a fantastic day, or at least a mellow one. Hugs and happy, healing thoughts for all.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,578 Member
    Thanks so much, Everyone! I have my energy back now. I've been pulling my hair out while I keep trying. :lol:
    I so don't want to let my buddy down.

@GraceyManor I hope you feel better soon and that it's not the beer bug. :(
    Gentle reminder: Before or by the end of Sunday, November 29th is the next and last Check-In before Gifting Time happens.
    Gifts should be almost done, if not ready for release.

Most have checked in early and unless I missed seeing comments, @BreeMiles @Charlottekn and @Hidehi need to chime in as soon as possible. :grin:

Hoping those under the weather are feeling better now and have peace of mind that it isn't anything more serious.
    Hoping those excited/nervous/panicked about gifting can take deep breaths and relax. You've got this!
    Hoping everyone has good weather and an enjoyable weekend.

We're starting our Christmas baking today. Sugar Cookie dough was made yesterday .. today it will switch places with Gingerbread Cookie dough .. then we'll make Peanut Butter Cookies (smooth not crunchy!). Will try to get some pictures to share. Will be making other kinds but decided to spread out the joy and make it easier on my daughter and me. My husband and sister-in-law who lives near us love spingerle (the anise makes it tasts like licorice, yuck!) so I'll make a batch as part of their gift. Daughter will be getting Orange Carob Cookies (think Chocolate Chip but using carob chips with a hint of orange from zest & juice) as one of her gifts.

Baking with love ... one of the nice things about the holiday season!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Thanks for the shout out @ADWilson I nearly forgot the 29th is so close :) .... now I've officially clocked in I'll better get back to wrapping my buddy's gift o:)

• SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 667 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Sugar Cookie dough was made yesterday .. today it will switch places with Gingerbread Cookie dough .. then we'll make Peanut Butter Cookies (smooth not crunchy!).
    Recipes please. :blush:
    SimLibby wrote: »
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Sugar Cookie dough was made yesterday .. today it will switch places with Gingerbread Cookie dough .. then we'll make Peanut Butter Cookies (smooth not crunchy!).
    Recipes please. :blush:

Sure, am happy to share! They're from various cookbooks my mother-in-law used over the years. Will type each as a separate comment so people can copy/paste which they like/prefer. Feel free to adjust recipes to your liking.

Perhaps discussing cookies and other holiday treats will carry us over until Gifting Time !
    Sugar Cookies
    source: Better Homes and Gardens Cookies and Candies cookbook (c) 1966

Makes about 2 dozen cookies and is Mr Addy's favorite!!

2/3 cup shortening (we use butter-flavored)
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 egg
    4 teaspoons milk

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar and vanilla.
    Add egg; beat until light and fluffy.
    Stir in milk.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
    Divide dough in half. (I don't)
    Chill 1 hour. (I cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill overnight)

On lightly floured surface, roll to 1/8-inch thickness.
    Cut in desired shapes with cookie cutters.
    Decorate as desired.
    (I usually roll them into balls and slightly flatten before baking; no decorations)

Bake on greased cookie sheet for about 6 to 8 minutes in moderate oven - 375F
    (I do 350F and about 9 minutes, checking after 8 minutes on a cookie sheet that has a silicone baking liner)

Cool for a few minutes in pan before removing.
    Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
    Will post the other recipes after we've had our lunch.
    Gingerbread Boys
    source: Better Homes and Gardens Cookies and Candies cookbook (c) 1966

Makes about 5 dozen 4-inch cookies

1 cup shortening (we use butter-flavored)
    1 cup granulated sugar

1 egg
    1 cup molasses
    2 tablespoons vinegar

5 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 to 3 teaspoons ginger (I use 3)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground cloves

Thoroughly cream shortening with sugar.
    Stir in egg, molasses and vinegar; beat well.

Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves; blend into molasses mixture.
    Chill at least 3 hours.

On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
    Cut with a gingerbread-boy cutter.

Place 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet. (we use a cookie sheet with a silicone baking liner)
    Use red cinnamon candies for faces and buttons. (we don't)

Bake for about 5 to 6 minutes in a moderate oven - 375F
    (I do 350F and about 8 minutes, I think .. cookie baking is a lot of checking in this house, lol)

Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.

We don't decorate ours but feel free to do so on your end.
    Peanut Butter Cookies
    source: unknown

Mix together the following ingredients:
    1 cup shortening (butter-flavor)
    1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
    1 cup light or dark brown sugar (light)
    1 cup granulated sugar
    2 eggs

Sift:
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Add the sifted ingredients to the peanut butter mixture.
    Roll cookies into a small ball and place on greased cookie sheet (cookie sheet with silicone baking liner).
    Use a fork to flatten and leave a nice crisscross pattern on the cookie.

Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350F.
    Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet and thoroughly cool on wire rack.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for sharing those yummy recipes @ADWilson . Hubby is prediabetic, so baking goodies is something I just don't indulge in anymore. While cleaning out cupboards, I did find my little pans I used to make pecan nut cups and am thinking about making some to send to son for Christmas. Of course, that assumes the kitchen is back in one piece and functioning in time, which it may or may not be! So, maybe more likely something to do NEXT Christmas.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top