Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I guess I just got used to Into the Light/Out of the Dark, and those are just files that go into the mods folder.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Catzilla wrote: Β»
    I love the Subtle Saucer Lights and I'll never give them up. lol They're bright enough so you can see what you're doing and they aren't In The Way.

I also love that nightlight with the stars shenanigans.

I size down any light I want to use anyway. Doesn't matter what size it is since you can size down any object in this game. Such a great feature! It's fun to size up things too.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I got the Seasons pack in the Oct 50% sale and I don't know what I was thinking! I'm finding the weather intrusive although I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I truly hate the holidays! Why do my sims have to be depressed for so long because they "missed" the holiday because they didn't accomplish all the goals in time? Why are there goals, anyway? Why can't one of my sims be a scrooge and hate the holidays, or skip one holiday or have a small celebration that doesn't include all those goals without getting sad? I can't stand watching all my happy sims crying and moping around every couple of days. I've deleted what I can out of one save but it still has those smaller events that I can't delete.

At least the CAS and BB are ok.

I'll have to do some reading up to figure out what I can do to make this work for me and my casual mode of play.

There, now I've vented. I feel better. ;)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    To follow up on his lighting comment cause I agree.

I think ppl overuse the Subtle Saucer lights. I understand using it for some builds or rooms but in every room? Maybe try putting some unique ceiling lights, wall lights, or lamps to give your builds some more character.

Personally I love the subtle saucer light, I don't like having giant lights obstructing my builds so it just works for me. I mean the light colour specifically, nobody seems to touch that feature. I just think it's so pretty to change all the lights in a home to a low yellow tone, it just creates such a cozy feel and makes it feel like a home rather than just a house. I never use the default light colour anymore as it's just so boring. Then you could have a kids room with a space theme and a deep blue light or a teen room with coloured string lights. There's just so many interesting things you can do but nobody ever seems to touch them and most people just leave every room bright and well lit, it's a shame it's so underused. :/
  • janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    hmm...a lot of these seem to be popular opinions. But here's my (probably) unpopular ones:

--I could care less about platforms. I'm mostly a builder and I haven't used them once. Just give us some improved stairs!
    --I don't miss open worlds; they were too laggy.
    --Knitting is one of the lamest packs; I can't believe the community chose it.
    --The cell phones are annoying. Put the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing down already! (Ok, yes, it mimics real life since so many real people do the same, but still...)
    Spiral staircases please!
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    I don't want open worlds either. A lot of youtubers seem to enjoy complaining about it, and while i love watching their videos, i CanNot afford a computer that runs an open world with ts4-level graphics. just no.

Farming, cars, not interested.

I just want some contemporary-Indian style building options, like railings that go all the way up to the ceiling (for balconies), water tanks to put on the roofs, more window options with wood shutters that open outwards, more curvy arches, almirahs, Indian style gas stoves, more patterns on bedsheets and couches.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Onverser wrote: Β»

I mean the light colour specifically, nobody seems to touch that feature. I just think it's so pretty to change all the lights in a home to a low yellow tone, it just creates such a cozy feel and makes it feel like a home rather than just a house. I never use the default light colour anymore as it's just so boring. Then you could have a kids room with a space theme and a deep blue light or a teen room with coloured string lights. There's just so many interesting things you can do but nobody ever seems to touch them and most people just leave every room bright and well lit, it's a shame it's so underused. :/

Changing the light color never occurred to me. I might have to start doing that. I do dim my Sims' lights because I have sensitive eyes.
  • jenegeejenegee Posts: 108 Member
    I don't like the sims 3 and don't think it's necessarily better than a [properly modded] sims 4 (I fully agree the vanilla game is trash). The sims 3 sims themselves look awful to me even with CC and its the reason I couldn't get along with that game. Plus it's easier to create queer characters in the sims 4 and most of my characters are LGBTQA+.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I mean the light colour specifically, nobody seems to touch that feature. I just think it's so pretty to change all the lights in a home to a low yellow tone, it just creates such a cozy feel and makes it feel like a home rather than just a house.

Same I like often use the yellow white light for homes cause they make feel more warm while for community lots I use the blue white or stark white cause they feel more professional and commercial.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love the warm glow of the yellow lights. I use the saucer light very sparingly, as I usually hate most ceiling lights. Their light is too harsh, in the sims and in rl. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited November 2020
    I use Subtle Saucer when I first start to decorate and then remove one by one as I place other lighting. Partial to the neutral white light, it makes everything like colors and textures pop, also feels more modern to me. Sometimes I tinker with the color and intensity to get the lamp shades to my liking, usually I stick with a white linen-like look. Some candles I might use the warmer color but I find it makes the candles look too yellow. Color I tend to use for night clubs.

I think Subtle Saucer is also used a lot for starter homes, it is pretty cheap and bright.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like the Subtle Saucer light just because it's brighter than most other lights and I like my sims game to have good lighting.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I really don't like Melodic voice type for female, the constant shrieking and laughing puts me off, I noticed that almost all female sims that I downloaded from gallery has melodic voice type chosen, idk whether the creator like it or is it because it has the name 'Melodic' so they thought it really sound like the name suggests.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My favourite lifespan is small. I like to play legacies and see how the family evolve through time and how genetics work and i want to to see it fast πŸ˜‚

Haha really cool to read this one from march. Now i play in rotation with long lifespan and i feel it's short πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have an unpopular op. I like having new WooHoo options that come with the different packs. I'd like to see updates to romance as a whole with new animations. I also think a romance themed pack is missing. For me, I like having different options for the various households and couples in my game. It doesn't mean that my gameplay is fixated on that, not at all. It's like having more hairstyles, clothes, foods and other activities so that things aren't just repetitive.

I completely agree that new and additional animations are needed including more options for different styles of romance. I think slowly more like that is being added to the game. However, I do not think that we should be asking them to leave new WooHoo options out in some sort of strange exchange for other animations. To me, that is a lot like removing the shrine from SL. I also think we should be wanting more in the packs to appeal to many types of players not to be telling the developers to leave features out. I get it, you might not play with it just like I rarely play with supernaturals. I think that listening to those opinions would make the game more boring not more interesting.

No, my game is not all about WooHoo. I have well-rounded characters who live the many aspects of their lives. To varying degrees, the adult sims live like adults and yes, that means there's WooHoo ... sometimes even in different places. If you don't want it, don't play with it. Yes, let's see some kind of romance-centred pack that adds depth and more types of romantic interactions for those who want that. I'm sure it will be very popular.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 4 graphics are not that special and feel already dated!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Game packs > expansions.

Game packs in this game have much more interesting themes and concepts and they're much better value for money than expansions. Expansions are double the price but they definitely don't have double the content, I would rather buy two game packs than one ep any day. Pretty much all my favorite packs in this game are gps. They're just so much more interesting and better executed.

The game packs in this game are basically all good packs and things I use all the time, whilst I literally never touch Get Together, Eco Lifestyle, Pets, Get Famous, University or City Living.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Mods bugger up the Sims 4 game. Playing Vanilla with all my Sims 4 games works great.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Seasons Expansion pack should be a Game Pack because of lack of content.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    This may be super unpopular, but...

I'm fine with the amount of worlds we have now and don't mind the small sizes. I would rather new GPs focus on a ton of gameplay and new lot types rather than spending time crafting a new world. Since we have access to all of the worlds all the time, I'm pretty content with the lots we have now. Plus I tend to focus on just a few families, and don't need tons of space for houses.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited December 2020
    I don't want my sims living in worlds I consider destination worlds, like Sulani, Selvadorada, and Mt Komorebi.
    I want worlds very different from the world my sims live in to be a place they can go for a change of pace and place.
    It's like a reward to enjoy Sulani for a while and should be sad to leave it. I am really happy for rental lots. Every world can be a vacation destination.

Also, I really enjoy Journey to Batuu.
    I treat it as an exclusive theme park and a place of interest for my geeky and cosplaying sims.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Game packs > expansions.

Game packs in this game have much more interesting themes and concepts and they're much better value for money than expansions. Expansions are double the price but they definitely don't have double the content, I would rather buy two game packs than one ep any day. Pretty much all my favorite packs in this game are gps. They're just so much more interesting and better executed.

The game packs in this game are basically all good packs and things I use all the time, whilst I literally never touch Get Together, Eco Lifestyle, Pets, Get Famous, University or City Living.

I quite agree that Game Packs are way better than Expansion Packs. If I had to play the game with only GPs I would still be happy. But I'd need a lot more world space. :D
    #Team Occult
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Maybe an unpopular opinion, but to me this is the first video game I play as a guy where I feel like the developers are clueless about my gender, so maybe that's karma for all the games where women are not properly presented?

They get the worst clothes, all interactions are pretty feminine in movements, no body hair, not much beard choices, and the whole emotion system might just amplify it all since most men don't tend to be that open about their emotions.

It's like the game is made exclusively by women who never interacted with men, kind of the opposite how now doubt many women view the teams behind some other video games.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Once I've made my Sims family I don't care what they look like afterwards or what their expressions are as I don't play stories. They all get jobs and off they go. I watch them from a distance and see if they get around my own built houses ok. Otherwise they are on their own!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top