Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The patch to fix the patch borked my game (Nov 17)

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I haven’t downloaded the new patch yet but on the notes it says to add the sound what is the command to type in as they haven’t said and I don’t know what to type in?

Just delete "-nosound" from the command line. You shouldn't need to type in anything

Thanks I tried that and it’s worked. The new patch seems to have worked for me but then after it downloaded i repaired the game in origins straight away so I will never know if broke initially or not.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    My game is working fine after I got the update this morning. I repaired the game, launched it to see that there was a 10 minute load screen time due to a mod conflict. It works fine after I removed the mod that was causing the issue and restarted my pc.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I haven’t downloaded the new patch yet but on the notes it says to add the sound what is the command to type in as they haven’t said and I don’t know what to type in?

Just delete "-nosound" from the command line. You shouldn't need to type in anything

"-nosound" from what command line ?????????? where ???????

If you turned off sound via Origin in response to the original bug. You could (can) do this by going to Origin, my library, then right clicking on the Sims 4 and then click Game Properties. On the Advanced Launch Settings tab there's a command line field, where you can type "-nosound" (without the quotes) which will disable sound in the Sims from starting.

To reverse this, just delete the "-nosound" command from the command line.

If you didn't need to turn off sound, or you never tried that, you shouldn't need to do anything.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Urgh! My game was working mostly fine after the original one, so I didn't want to update with the hotfix just yet and had disabled automatic updates... but Origin had other ideas, I guess. :s Origin has lost all my settings and is acting as though it's a fresh install.

Now I have the lovely endless loading screen on all copies of my oldest family (26 generations). The new save I made to test the Snowy Escape patch works fine.

I've repaired. I've removed all mods. I've updated all mods. I've tried restoring saves. Basically, I have done everything short of completely reinstalling the game. The new save has worked in all cases, but not the old saves. I really hope my oldest family isn't gone for good. They are the descendents of the very first sim I created in Sims 4, so it would be really lousy to not be able to recover them.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2020
    Has anyone else's audio broken after the hot fix patch? My audio now sounds all crackly. I didn't do the audio workaround so it's not to do with that. It happens randomly :( Repairing the game does nothing.
    Post edited by candystorm on
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2020
    I haven’t turned on the game or had either patch yet. So I hope all goes well when I do turn on my pc to update. I may just repair game after the patch before going into the game.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! Thank you all for hanging in there. I know it has been a bit of a rough week and it's wonderful that you have been helping and supporting each other. :heart:
    Please know that we're keeping an eye on this so that hopefully, you can all be Simming happily again without any of these issues. 🤞
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Players at Answers HQ have found out that the freezing/bloating issue may be initiated by a Seasons bug that spawns thousands of hidden Father Winter Sims during winterfest. They recommand to disable the Father Winter tradition.
  • GlacierlilyGlacierlily Posts: 17 Member
    I was having no issues with the update until two days ago, and then the crashing started. It was only about once each day until this morning. Crashed 3 times in 30 minutes. I had read about the workaround so I came to look up what that command was and found this feed. Made my day to see that a hot fix is out! Went ahead and updated, then instantly repaired (due to having read this feed lol). Origin COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN mid repair. I had things I had to leave the house to do.... so I didn’t do anything but shut my computer down and leave.

I am so afraid something got corrupted when origin shut down. My new Legacy has been a ton of fun and I am so sad thinking it’s gone. I forgot to make back up saves 🙁. Do any of you know if it’s a decent chance something got messed up?

I’ve never commented on these before and always mean to, so at least I’m started now lol. I’ve been playing sims since the original came out when I was 15!
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    Players at Answers HQ have found out that the freezing/bloating issue may be initiated by a Seasons bug that spawns thousands of hidden Father Winter Sims during winterfest. They recommand to disable the Father Winter tradition.

well well, thank you for the info...
  • GlacierlilyGlacierlily Posts: 17 Member
    [quote="alanmichael1;c-17728983"]Players at Answers HQ have found out that the freezing/bloating issue may be initiated by a Seasons bug that spawns thousands of hidden Father Winter Sims during winterfest. They recommand to disable the Father Winter tradition.[/quote]

This is interesting. I have noticed last few weeks, my lags seems to ALWAYS be in the END of winter, after winterfest. I thought maybe the blizzards and snow, so I turned those off and am waiting for winter to roll in again so I can see if it helped. However I noticed I have Father Winter living in a house in Willow Creek... he also seems to live in Sulani and Oasis Springs... or copies of him do..... I’ve never seen that before, have any of you?

I’ve had his tradition disabled in the holiday forever, due to not wanting to deal with it while starting a new legacy, and then I keep forgetting to turn it back on.

Is this “thousands of them spawning during winter fest” my “winter lag” issue?!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,942 Member
    @candystorm Yes, my audio has gone all weird too. My game was a bit laggy yesterday, too, but I don’t know if that’s directly linked to the patch/hot fix or not.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    candystorm wrote: »
    Has anyone else's audio broken after the hot fix patch? My audio now sounds all crackly. I didn't do the audio workaround so it's not to do with that. It happens randomly :( Repairing the game does nothing.

Yes, I have this issue as well. Sound is terrible. :( My game was working perfectly before the emergency patch.
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    If your audio is also messed up after this hot fix, please could you hit the 'me too' button on my thread? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Game-audio-broken-after-hot-fix/m-p/9759271#M197081

Thanks
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• TSimkins2834TSimkins2834 Posts: 3 New Member
    My game wasn't broken before the patch, now it is. I have repaired it several times and rebooted many times as well. My system specs are well above required. I now cannot age up a child with a birthday cake. All of my perfect plants are unharvestable with the green vapor coming out of them. I had 2 sims travel to go on a hike to Mt. Komorebi and when they returned one of them had to be invited in to their own house because they couldn't go in. I quit after that because I didn't want to have my game corrupted.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    candystorm wrote: »
    If your audio is also messed up after this hot fix, please could you hit the 'me too' button on my thread? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Game-audio-broken-after-hot-fix/m-p/9759271#M197081

Thanks

Done!
  • LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    Honestly this makes me kind of mad. Like the fact that I can't even play my game right after paying 40$ for a new expansion and I'm being told to delete my save files to fix my main issue is a new level of low. What about all the simmers who aren't on the forums and can't find these fixes? Who are just sitting there wondering why the hell they can't play?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2020
    Anyone whose able to play, is your Willow Creek gym missing walls in the bathroom?
    If so, ‘me too’ this or comment, apparently it’s been since last year and gurus still haven’t fixed it 🙄
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Walls-are-Missing-In-Movers-amp-Shakers-in-Willow-Creek/m-p/7596035/highlight/false/page/3
  • kiwicronekiwicrone Posts: 30 Member

"-nosound" from what command line ?????????? where ???????

If you did not already choose to type this command in for the sound problems that were causing crashes you do not need to worry about removing it. But it was on the main page of Origin and on your game in your library you right click the sims 4 game to bring up a menu and go to properties. Then those that typed in the command have to now delete/remove it. As you did not originally do this you do not need to undo it.
  • zezyann30zezyann30 Posts: 2 New Member
    The frustration level is really high. If someone else gives me the solution of repairing my game, I will flip. I'm repairing my game for the 5th time today, and it is being 45+minutes and is not done yet. I only have one save (my 100 baby challenge), and it is freezing all the time.

Please help!
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Omg my game has been working perfectly fine and now I'm afraid to update. Most of the time when they fix something for other people I end up getting the glitches after lol. Wish me luck.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    Omg my game has been working perfectly fine and now I'm afraid to update. Most of the time when they fix something for other people I end up getting the glitches after lol. Wish me luck.

Samee here. I'm still hanging out. Post your results. You might inspire me to bite the bullet, as they say!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I've been getting mostly weird build buy lag since this patch I even tested it vanilla (no mods and cc) and I have the specs to run the game
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    The only thing that annoyes me after the patch is the loss of performance overall. Now my sims animations are clunky at times (but completely smooth on fast advance) and everything feels slower. I didnt have problems loading previous saves and sims getting stuck without doing nothing is an old thing, it has nothing to do with the last patch.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    After the new patch I have so many bugs:
    - invisible platform when there is a wall and behind it floor on another level and doors between them
    - lags
    - autonomous cooking ALL THE TIME and not eating the food
    - sims not using dishwasher (it says that there is no dirty dish... with dirty plates on the counter next to it)
    - like all sims routing just broke
    - plants after harvesting change into juveniles, I also see baby cowplant but animations are like for the grown up one
    - disappearing stuff (build an buy items) while placing builds from gallery or rooms from build panel

Just terrible... All mods updated, not many of them in total and everything worked fine before the patch.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.