Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you change your sims clothes?

Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
When I create a sim, I go through the painstaking task of creating 5 different outfits for all of the categories but I've found that I almost never ever change them. For "Everyday" I always create 2 summery type outfits like shorts and a t-shirt or a skirt and tank, then I always create some "cooler" weather transitional outfit like shorts or capris with a hoody and then I create 2 winterish outfits. So my 5 outfits are season appropriate for when the seasons change, that's usually when I actually "change outfits" deliberately so it looks like my sim is dressed for the season that is currently in the game.

I mean, of course they change into cold weather/hot weather, swimsuit, and sports wear on their own when appropriate, but I hardly ever go to the dresser or closet and actually change clothes.

How often do you guys change your sims clothes?

Comments

• Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I usually change my Sims' clothes with season changes. I'll usually set 1-3 everyday outfits every season just for some variety.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Usually only when they age up, but sometimes I'll give them a second outfit in one of the categories if I want them to dress a certain way for a holiday or something, like I might give them a Christmas sweater as a second cold weather outfit so I can take cute family pictures on Winterfest.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    During their important moment,

Teen, Young Adult University Student, YA Post Graduation, Late YA to Early Adult (Somewhat Formal-ish clothes), Adult to Late Adult (T-shirt and Short), Elder (Modest Clothing)

I have 5 for each outfit category and I changed only all of everyday outfits.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Really rarely, mostly the just when they literally outgrow the clothes, and sometimes once they hit elder. I play families so I can’t be bothered to give a sim any more than two everyday outfits.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    When they age up usually. I can’t be bothered picking out five outfits but sometimes they get multiple outfits if I have more than one in mind for a particular sim.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited November 2020
    when they age up or there is important change in their life

like they get married or go to uni or they turn occult or be widowed or whatever

also sometimes i just feel like what i dressed them in is ugly or does not fit character so i change it

or maybe my sims jump time period to another when their fashion changes according to era

I don't tend to create lots of extra outfits at the start though they just increase while i play
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Ohhhh see I forgot about aging up, I always play with aging off so I can enjoy whoever I'm playing with. That makes sense. My girl even went on a blind date to a restaurant in her bathing suit, she was at the pool and came home and I used that Simda app, I thought I would have time to change her clothes, but no, the minute you pick blind date it automatically pops you both at the location.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The majority of my Sims get one outfit in each category. I usually only change their outfits when they age up, or in the case of Rags to Riches Sims, once they're not living the 'Rags' part anymore. If I end up playing a save for quite awhile and get sick of seeing the same outfits, then I'll change them. That doesn't happen very often though since most of my saves aren't very long-term gameplay.

The most time I spent changing any Sims' clothes is when the hot/cold weather category was introduced in the patch before Seasons. When that happened, I spent a lot of time giving every premade an outfit in each of those categories after I got the pack. I also gave some an updated wardrobe in other categories as well and did a bit of physical modifying to a few. Mostly just hair and make-up though.

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    When they hit teen they get one outfit MAYBE two if they're lucky for each category and that's it til they die. I have two sims who get changes now and again but the rest nah. I am not a CAS person!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I pick an outfit in each category when they age up. Then I change the everyday outfit with the seasons and pregnancy, and all the other categories stay the same forever. The only Sim who has had all her outfits changed a few times is my vampire matriarch, but that's because she's been around for a very, very long time.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    I usually only change my sims clothes for situations. Like if they go on vacation I add appropriate attire for camping. For weddings I put then in tuxes or dresses. And for halloween I add a costume to their party attires. I remove them after since I prefer to keep my sims outfit options to one for each category.

Oh yeah and when they age up a tend to update their clothes to better fit how they are at that stage of their life.
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2020
    I only change the clothes of my favorite Sims, and I do it for every update I post in the "What Happened in Your Game Today?" thread...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Every day😅😅😅😅 I don't want all the cc to go to waste. Every real time day not sim day lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I only change their clothes when they age up. But only from baby to toddler, toddler to child, child to teen, and adult to elder. Since they keep the same clothes from teen, YA, and adult. I do that because I can only come up with so many outfits and if I change them all the time they all wind up wearing the same thing.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2020
    When they go through a change or something. Sim got a break up or loss(if the loss was especially close), they needed a change of look. When they reach a certain age and want a different style to dress. I especially go in CAS every so often to change hair shorter or longer, also dependent on the situation. For my males, beards get more bushier or trimmed, to show time passing.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I play on long life, so I'll change their clothes when they age up, and any time it feels right besides. Some sims end up in more or less the same clothes from Teenager on (either because their teenager look wound up being on the mature side, or because they ended up not so mature as an adult) while others get 3-4 makeovers per life stage. The only life stage I don't do a lot of changes on is Toddler, because they only stay as toddlers until they master all the toddler skills.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    It differs per save. For my Not So Berry, I only change the outfits on age up becauss I play on a normal lifespan and I don't feel like changing outfits more often. For ny other save I change outfits every time I take a screenshot you can see the outfit in unless I take multiple screenshots on the same sim day.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I like for them to have at least 2-3 everyday outfits, and will change between them when I get bored of what they're wearing. Sometimes it will be every day, sometimes it will be a couple of times per week.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I usually assign my sims five outfits, so they wear them randomly...when they become elders I sometimes adjust their wardrobes for a more subdued style. Sorry, Granny, no daisy dukes for you!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I sometimes give my sims 5 outfits in every category, and sometimes I just give them one everyday outfit and then they show up in whatever the game assigns them for the other categories. I like it when they change their outfits after showering, so I usually prefer them to have more than one outfit. Afterwards, I change their outfits whenever I feel like they need a new one like maybe it's cold outside and they have only skimpy summer clothes as everyday clothes, or they go shopping and I see an outfit I like, or they need a wedding dress, or winter coat, or the clothes assigned to them by the game are no longer acceptable. :lol:
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I change their clothes every day. I have a lot of wonderful CC and creating outfits in CAS is one of my favorite things to do. :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Most of them only get a couple everyday outfits and one of all the rest. I change them on age up because I never like what the game picks.
    They can get many outfits if they are a style influencer or if they are a character based off a movie or long running show. It's just fun to me to watch and have CAS open and try to remake their style.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Depends completely on the sim. When I made my simself for example, I recreated several of my real outfits, resulting in multiple outfits per category (except swimsuits, I only have one in real life because I don't go swimming much). Same with Lara Croft, who has worn many different outfits throughout the Tomb Raider series, and it was fun to recreate them and put them into fitting categories. Lara occasionally gets new outfits when a new game comes out, and my simself when I get new clothes in real life that I think are good enough to put in the game.

Other times I have sims that I really don't know what to do with fashion-wise, and I end up using premade styles just to have one decent-looking outfit per category except cold weather. My sims always get two cold weather outfits, one for when it's cold inside and one for going outside, because it looks silly when they run around in the house wearing coats, caps and gloves. So far I have never had a sim with every category full.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve never created more than one outfit per category. Often they wear the same outfit for more than one category.

Once in a while I’ll go in and revamp their outfits if it’s been years and I’ve gotten much better cc, or if my conceptualization of the character has changed substantially. But I like consistency for the most part.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I usually change my Sims' clothes with season changes. I'll usually set 1-3 everyday outfits every season just for some variety.

Same here.