Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platform Ideas

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I wanted to see how high I could raise my holiday tree so it could be seen better through the window. 2 Sims can decorate a tree together with it raised just once.

bzGGhFE.png

2 Sims can't decorate it if I raise it a second time, but surprisingly, 1 sim can decorate it this way.

GoWAj9S.png

And then I found out that 2 sims can extinguish a fire on a platform they can't reach normally.

xMWITDc.png

I think the real question here is, why did the tree catch on fire? lol
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I wanted to see how high I could raise my holiday tree so it could be seen better through the window. 2 Sims can decorate a tree together with it raised just once.

bzGGhFE.png

2 Sims can't decorate it if I raise it a second time, but surprisingly, 1 sim can decorate it this way.

GoWAj9S.png

And then I found out that 2 sims can extinguish a fire on a platform they can't reach normally.

xMWITDc.png

It can sometimes happen when you light it up.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

bzGGhFE.png

GoWAj9S.png

xMWITDc.png

I know, it was really exciting but it’s happened to like half of my trees in game lately! I think the chances of fire have increased.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

bzGGhFE.png

GoWAj9S.png

xMWITDc.png

So Sorry, but I got to the third pic and almost spit my coffee across the room. :D
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    That stepped seating would also be great to make a cinema.

That was my first thought as well "I have to update my cinema!" Which means I'll have to almost completely rebuild it, but okay.

@babajayne Thankfully they did manage to put out the fire though :joy: It's good to know that that works. I bet they can also put dirty plates and glasses on top of things on platforms while not being able to get on the platform themselves. Kinda like those shelves that are way too high for anyone to reach, but there's always dirty plates on them.

I've patched and repaired my game - and I have some things I wanna try, so I should be back with some images later (or tomorrow).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I made a cinema in my game using the platforms and I think it came out looking really nice. I made it as a cafe and it attracts quite a lot of customers, but for a quieter experience it can also run as a community space.

RNZyajB.png

33IXJlB.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    That cinema looks great @crocobaura and it's nice to see the Sims sitting there (not entirely sure if they're actually watching anything).

I tested a few ideas. First we have the fancy staircase - kind of ruined by the actual stairs being rather limited in their possibilities.
    112892a9791065c8be36fde499e2177c74f9f3c8.jpg
    Since you can't place platforms next to foundations, I covered it up with topiaries - didn't have to use MOO for it to look okay.
    741d9b85b5be27609fd8ea91b6e2887b7e28a1a0.jpg
    Though this probably looks more elegant if you put shorter, broader pieces of stairs in between the platforms. But you can have the fancy rounded stairs (a bit of a hassle though, and you need to use a broad trim to cover up the non rounded inner curve).

My next experiment was far more interesting - hot tubs (with my version of the Caliente sisters (who else?) - modeled after their TS2 versions). I know someone posted a slightly sunken bath tub, so I thought, maybe we'll be able to finally have sunken hot tubs. We can - kind of.
    You can place a higher platform around a hot tub that's on ground level, but you need MOO to do this. And you need to leave one side open for Sims to get in.
    4bb3aa3e4c10f52d10c0dede061aff03ce5d9e4e.jpg

You can however, sink the hot tub and place it without MOO (makes no sense at all, but that's build mode for you). However, Sims can only get in if the tub is sunken no more than a single step. So I made a fancy little stairway (that you can build in many far more interesting ways) - and it works!
    f2f26da6909af870ee3fd8506f77eda5014e7ec3.jpg
    You can probably do something similar if you go for the first option and build a platform around the hot tub instead of sinking it.

Curious thing is, Sims can get out on the side of the platform - they'll be stuck in the platform for a split second then pop up to the right level.
    de01a37496b9ced1d5824640c495d57822685a99.jpg
    5f174c0cbe0fd6149e74a4299bc215bdc56efaf5.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    I saw something interesting when browsing the Gallery. Steps, using platforms, going down into a pool. I'm gonna have to try that one.
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    That cinema looks great @crocobaura and it's nice to see the Sims sitting there (not entirely sure if they're actually watching anything).

I tested a few ideas. First we have the fancy staircase - kind of ruined by the actual stairs being rather limited in their possibilities.
    112892a9791065c8be36fde499e2177c74f9f3c8.jpg

I love what you did with the staircase, looks really nice. I think you can replace the foundation with a platform and get the same effect, so you don't need to use topiaries. :) My sims are watching the TV, but kind of take turns to turn it on and off. :lol:
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    i didn't even think of that

i'll have to try it out and let you know how it turns out :)

edit: I think i broke the space/time continuum

That's so bad! Such a pity they didn't make them wallpaper paintable like they were in TS2.

@crocobaura even the foundations where wallpaper paintable. Sometimes the devs add some weird limits to our creativity that I'll never understand.
    Karon wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    i didn't even think of that

i'll have to try it out and let you know how it turns out :)

edit: I think i broke the space/time continuum

That's so bad! Such a pity they didn't make them wallpaper paintable like they were in TS2.

@crocobaura even the foundations where wallpaper paintable. Sometimes the devs add some weird limits to our creativity that I'll never understand.

Since necessity is the source of all innovation, I guess they are trying to get us to be creative. :)
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I have uploaded my house to the gallery (couldn't get imgur to work, sorry, I'm old).

It is under stewby8 and it is called the cube (i know, original).
    :)

I did take inspiration from pierisim (i was going to use his build but there was no bathroom so I had to make some changes).
    :/

bzGGhFE.png

GoWAj9S.png

xMWITDc.png

I know, it was really exciting but it’s happened to like half of my trees in game lately! I think the chances of fire have increased.

Well, I know what I have to do now---several holiday trees, coming right up.....
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    tatselk wrote: »
    I have added a stage/performance area in a restaurant I've built. Will take screenshots when I'm playtesting it. If it works, will move onto some more adventurous platform builds. :smiley:

So here's the stage I have built for the restaurant being playtested.

LQRg1Ah.jpg

And here's a WIP throne room for a castle/palace that I'm building.

ze1A7kg.jpg
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    Untitled.jpg

I wanted to build my childhood home, but... has this been a problem for anyone else?

For-forum.jpg
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    A house I'm working on...
    Living/Kitchen. They're in the lowered kitchen area at the island with the living area behind. I raised the fireplace to make it more of a focal point.
    Bbo3cff.png

Lowered kotatsu table with tea nook
    r8WBDJ4.png

Bathroom with sunken shower
    wRai9eU.png

Child's bedroom with a raised bed
    5KKfXm4.png

And my toddler's room with play area
    LIV2YiV.png

HTehezx.png

YAS!! If the angry or mean adults cannot reach the dollhouse they cannot break it. I will finally be able to place dollhouses in parks. Thank you!
    Using a platform, I built a lounge in Mt. Komorebi where the entertainer's only audience is the stars....

ugFZlmm.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited November 2020
    MeTime85 wrote: »
    Untitled.jpg

I wanted to build my childhood home, but... has this been a problem for anyone else?

i had that too seems to happen with angled walls or platforms mostly tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    How to paint this wall? It says "nothing to change".

xymyt6Q.png
    Wolfium wrote: »

xymyt6Q.png

You can add a half wall around that platform and paint that with wallpaper.

xymyt6Q.png

I love the window sill idea to put the frogs on. And the view out to the yard is so cool.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member

xymyt6Q.png

There is also a "paint platform" button on the same page as the half walls. two buttons down from the halfwall button
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I built a penthouse with an entry hall at the height of the ground. the indoor garden beds are on platforms, the indoor patio is up one level, the living space on one side and the master suite is on the other. These spaces are up one step from the patio. This flows very nicely and adds depth to a one floor apartment where foundations cannot be used.
    outside
    m6ZNsXn.png
    from just inside the front door
    6waRHFH.png
    looking back towards the garage door and front door
    pEXkhKV.png
    first step up is the indoor patio
    SCDPAc3.png
    the second step up is to the kitchen/dining/living room
    Do5Ls77.png
    on the other side, the step up goes to the master suite
    JVdUvdc.png
    from the kitchen looking back out to the patio
    3mxkWQH.png
    1 Torendi Twr Rental BB13
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I renovated nightclub and put platforms instead of long stairs.

ZiWmg0U.png

Also lowered this part of room down.

pgcw8z4.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top