Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please remove the loading screen tips!

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    ts3 loading screens are better
    50637321746_c4dda3e59e_c.jpg

I dont use that mini game loading screen on TS3 because I really like all the game tips on normal loading screen plus the scenery looks of the town on the save i'm currently loading such as this one
    "the graveyard is place of mourning, remembrance and for some, utter terror. but dont worry the stories of apparitions lurking after the sun sets are most likely just children's tales"
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    theres a plus side too those aswell, use the loading screens as a way too blink

also this. I always forget to blink so when i hit loading screen i often just :relieved: whole time like I'm meditating or something :joy:

the bright loading screens we had before were really awful though so im glad they went for darker blue so i dont see blue even with my eyes closed

also as for ts3 loading screens yes those did make game kinda slower than it needed to be so i do not want that back though

fave loading screens until now would be ts2 probably with like households or mode of transport or something

though sims medieval is kinda vibe too but thats more cause the music

oh or ts1 makin' magic screens just cause it reminds me of better times and it vibes so hard
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The voodoo joke got old a long time ago. I like the tips when they’re helpful.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I don't mind them either, I don't think I pay much attention to them.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I don't care. Though to be honest ones for specific packs come up so it helpful to those who are newish.

But I would laugh if a:
    "Reticulating Splines" came up! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I miss the simple "reticulating splines" of TS1.

I know they're modable, because the awesome Tardis Adventures mod adds Tardis-related quotes to the loading screen. I've considered trying to put inspirational quotes on there instead of the current phrases.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    As soon as I saw the thread title, I also thought of reticulating splines. A true classic.

I mostly ignore the tips, though "OK" amuses me for some reason. Like the game just doesn't care enough to even try.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @Rouensims @Miricha Haha! Awesome! B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    All I want to see is the game loading in some way and nothing else. I hated those Sims 3 screens and turned them off as soon as I could. Unfortunately every time I tried to load Sims 3 it thought it was the first time and loaded them again. Origin doesn't link my old and new EA details, passwords & addresses from 2001, 2004 to the later ones it made us change to.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »
    ts3 loading screens are better
    50637321746_c4dda3e59e_c.jpg

I dont use that mini game loading screen on TS3 because I really like all the game tips on normal loading screen plus the scenery looks of the town on the save i'm currently loading such as this one
    "the graveyard is place of mourning, remembrance and for some, utter terror. but dont worry the stories of apparitions lurking after the sun sets are most likely just children's tales"

oh that sounds nice, but finding the burning desire is nice too ya know
    as for the game tips sometimes they're so obvious it's like bruh no way
    but i'm not very bothered by the loading screens in general i just use my phone or finish some homework until the game loads.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    y'all have weird priorities...
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Sims 4 really needs a loading screen mod like Uncle Sheo's Helpful Hints And Tips, the best mod for Skyrim
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited November 2020
    Fun Fact. Every Pack in The Sims 4 adds new loading screen strings into the game. You can even see that on the Developer live streams. I made this threan in 2018 as I noticed that only Recent Strings are being shown by the game and not the old ones.
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I have always gotten Vampires tips since I installed that one.

Although I got Get Together, Romantic Garden Stuff and Outdoor Retreat later. So the tips are apparently defined by the newest pack, not the latest installed.

Therefore the obligatory: There are tips for GT, RG and OR!?

A bit late(I don't really quite know how to upload a picture at the forums so this is my first try) But here is what I can find for Get Together and Romantic Garden.

EV980e0.jpg

Ztk4LUD.png

OhL9lLm.png

0J8Jfj8.png

Those are just some. Its quite sad that they never appear anymore in the game. Especially the hook up one, I really think that not all of the simmers know that it exist, unlike the voodoo doll which is always on the screen.

Fixed :)[/quote]

Thread : https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926130/loading-screen-tips-are-repetitive#latest

In the Past around that time the loading screen tip shown are from the most recent pack and base game. However Sometime around 2019 they changed that and only Base Game Tips that are repetitive and not helpful any longer are showing in the Game. Even the Strangerville Tips don't show anymore. Kind of Sad actually. This is perhaps the easiest part of The Sims 4 that they can add detail into but they didn't. We even get a rebrand that did not change any of this.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    There are 299 loading screen tips overall, none in Get Famous, Moschino, Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    There are 299 loading screen tips overall, none in Get Famous, Moschino, Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting.

Is it even possible to have theme appear in the game by a mod? I am trying to figure that out but sadly I cannot locate the files and I cannot do it enough. I would love if someone would do it.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I don't agree that they're condescending. Just because you know everything about the game doesn't mean everyone does. There's plenty of new players every day.

They never bothered me. The game loads fast anyway.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I agree. They’re poorly written in many instances, and others just aren’t witty/funny in any capacity.

One loading screen tip just says “OK.”

The one that drives me crazy is, “Whims are things your Sim wants to do, but you don’t have to.” Why not write it as, “Whims are optional actions your Sim desires to do”?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    The game loads fast anyway.

not for me, but at least seeing the tips or phrases change makes me know the game didn't get stuck
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I agree. They’re poorly written in many instances, and others just aren’t witty/funny in any capacity.

One loading screen tip just says “OK.”

The one that drives me crazy is, “Whims are things your Sim wants to do, but you don’t have to.” Why not write it as, “Whims are optional actions your Sim desires to do”?

One of the first thing I noticed back when I played TS4 for the first time, I'm glad I'm not the only that think that particular tips is poorly worded.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I think that is why some would find them condescending; it being the tone and way EA speaks to their player base.

I think one reason for phrasing it that way, is to reach players 'of all ages'.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited November 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    y'all have weird priorities...
    We are raised to say something when anything bothers us but when we do people demonize us for doing it. Also there is OCD in various degrees.
    kusurusu wrote: »
    I wish it were that diverse but I always read the same handful lines and you know what your brain does when you see a word or sentence. It reads it. Every single time...

For people like me who play the game for years and know already what these "tips" are talking about, its essentially "water is wet" in a serious tone.
    Post edited by Zasz on
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    People pay attention to the loading screen? :D
  • StarrySkyy87StarrySkyy87 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like TS2 style loading screens. Those were the only ones i liked.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I remember a game where people had the same issue with loading screen tips. Then the devs announced that they make them optional. Everyone was happy with that. It can be so easy sometimes when the devs are reasonable.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I don't mind them that much. But a bit more variety would be nice, or a bit more humour instead of dry tips. Perhaps it would be better if the background was a nice picture instead of plain blue, perhaps one render per pack. That way we would have something to look at.

The only thing I don't want is the interactive game from the sims 3 loading screen because that makes it longer to load.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top