Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging

After my sim kid graduated University and went home no one aged up in the family or around town? I’m playing the 64-bit version, is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Do you mean that no one in the homeworld aged at all while you sim was at Uni? That's how it works, when active gameplay is in a different world, then there is no aging across the board.

Or do you mean now that active gameplay is moving forward back home, no one is aging? That would be a different matter.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    No one aged even when they moved back home?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The aging manager in this game going strange has always been an issue, I'm afraid. The 64-bit Mac update doesn't change that, what they really did there was update the underlying platform on which the game runs, not the game program itself. Those changes are bringing forth bugs and glitches that were never there before, like not being able to sculpt or interact with ocean water or terrain paint (and that eyelash thing), but aging is something that was always a problem.

If you don't already do this routinely, I strongly suggest clearing (deleting) the five cache files on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents to see if that helps. You might also try switching off aging in the Game Options and play forward for a while, then switch it back on to see if that kickstarts things again.

Note that we can't always rely on the sim information tab that shows their age and whether they are aging or not -- it can take quite a while for that info to update when something changes, so sometimes players find that their sims are still aging properly even though for a sim day or so after a change in the Game Options or a return from world travel it doesn't say that there yet.

Another solution to try is to evict your entire household in Edit Town and move them back into a copy of their current residential lot. But if it's the entire town that isn't aging, that may not really help.

If not averse to using mods, there are a few choices that come with their own aging managers designed to be more flexible and not break down like this. Those would be Buzzler's Aging Manager mod (from MTS, but not to be used with the following two other choices as it would conflict), NRaas StoryProgression coupled with Overwatch, and AwesomeMod.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    Thank you
  • emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
    I had this exact issue with frozen age/story progression in Riverview. I tried everything except deleting my cache (moving to a different house, clicking on and off story progression/aging, changing life span from short to epic, copying my family and moving them back into the same house, playing WA to try to restart the town) and nothing worked. The only thing that did work was I copied my family and moved them back into a new game in restarted Riverview. Some of the townies have already disappeared though, Jon Lessen is nowhere to be found.
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy