Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"We Aim To Be Inclusive"

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Darkwingz wrote: »
    For those that pre-ordered the Snowy Escape Pack, I got notified by a user that bowing at shrines can no longer be done.
    The Sims 4 team aims to be inclusive, yet actively censors and removes Japanese culture.
    This is just as nonsensical as adding in a prayer bench, and then removing a prayer function because Jews and Christians have historically not got along.
    It not only removes inclusivity of people who the prayer base does represent, but acts as if bowing in Japan isn't the norm.
    If we can have a menorah in Animal Crossing New Horizons, then we should be able to unlock bowing in the Sims4.
    To do otherwise would only make a further mockery of EA's historical videogame failings.
    I look forward to the Kinder Egg crew's more ironic statements to back up this kneel to a fake cancel culture movement.

When I heard they removed that feature, I was turned off from buying the pack even more. There's no reason whatsoever for the removal of the bowing interaction in the shrine, especially if bowing wasn't even going to be autonomous. Instead of giving their players options in a lifesim, EAxis simply chooses to remove things to appease to the Karen mob and as long as they keep doing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like this, I keep on not buying. What EAxis did was basically side with one culture over the other, when they could have just kept the interaction for the players to use it if they felt like it. And if this world was strictly Korean inspired, I'd understand it, but it's not, which is even more of a reason to not remove it in favor of another culture.

It’s a game and of course they are going to take it out. Out of respect for the people who live there. Though that being said they can do whatever they want to the game and EA and Nintendo aren’t the same company. EA wants the game to be friendly with whoever you want to be I don’t see why bowing makes you not want the game they bow when they greet each other. They have to make Animal Crossing New Horizon diverse for all holidays because it’s a game that is revolving around the real world time and holidays. That would make no sense to cut stuff out because we all live in different parts of the world they need to reflect that.

Who live where? Korea? When Mount Komorebi is taking most of it's inspiration from Japanese culture? Again, there's no reason to remove this option. What if people in Russia said gay marriage was offensive to them, that they didn't want it in the game and EA removed that option?...like come on now.

This isn't making it diverse for all, it's literally appealing to one side only lmao But you're totally right, it's their game, and I don't support these nonsensical dimwitted lazy decisions so I haven't bought the pack and don't plan to.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2020
    Honestly, I'm not sure if it's even that big a deal. Alright, so shrines don't have a dedicated bowing interaction, so what? Lots of decorative objects don't, including some with cultural significance. The Menorah object, for instance, doesn't have any special interactions beyond lighting individuals candles.

I don't think it was essential to enjoying the contents of the pack at all.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Lorenerd11 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm not sure if it's even that big a deal. Alright, so shrines don't have a dedicated bowing interaction, so what? Lots of decorative objects don't, including some with cultural significance. The Menorah object, for instance, doesn't have any special interactions beyond lighting individuals candles.

I don't think it was an essential to enjoying the contents of the pack at all.

I have to agree. I understand both sides of the issue of course, and I sympathize with those where bowing is very meaningful in their culture. But this one interaction doesnt make up 90% of the pack. If you ask me, its one of those interactions that you'll use a few times and then forget about. But yet Ive seen enough complaints that make it seem as though the whole pack was thrown out. One interaction was removed and yet somehow the world keeps spinning. Amazing.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    For those that pre-ordered the Snowy Escape Pack, I got notified by a user that bowing at shrines can no longer be done.
    The Sims 4 team aims to be inclusive, yet actively censors and removes Japanese culture.
    This is just as nonsensical as adding in a prayer bench, and then removing a prayer function because Jews and Christians have historically not got along.
    It not only removes inclusivity of people who the prayer base does represent, but acts as if bowing in Japan isn't the norm.
    If we can have a menorah in Animal Crossing New Horizons, then we should be able to unlock bowing in the Sims4.
    To do otherwise would only make a further mockery of EA's historical videogame failings.
    I look forward to the Kinder Egg crew's more ironic statements to back up this kneel to a fake cancel culture movement.

When I heard they removed that feature, I was turned off from buying the pack even more. There's no reason whatsoever for the removal of the bowing interaction in the shrine, especially if bowing wasn't even going to be autonomous. Instead of giving their players options in a lifesim, EAxis simply chooses to remove things to appease to the Karen mob and as long as they keep doing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like this, I keep on not buying. What EAxis did was basically side with one culture over the other, when they could have just kept the interaction for the players to use it if they felt like it. And if this world was strictly Korean inspired, I'd understand it, but it's not, which is even more of a reason to not remove it in favor of another culture.

It’s a game and of course they are going to take it out. Out of respect for the people who live there. Though that being said they can do whatever they want to the game and EA and Nintendo aren’t the same company. EA wants the game to be friendly with whoever you want to be I don’t see why bowing makes you not want the game they bow when they greet each other. They have to make Animal Crossing New Horizon diverse for all holidays because it’s a game that is revolving around the real world time and holidays. That would make no sense to cut stuff out because we all live in different parts of the world they need to reflect that.

Who live where? Korea? When Mount Komorebi is taking most of it's inspiration from Japanese culture? Again, there's no reason to remove this option. What if people in Russia said gay marriage was offensive to them, that they didn't want it in the game and EA removed that option?...like come on now.

This isn't making it diverse for all, it's literally appealing to one side only lmao But you're totally right, it's their game, and I don't support these nonsensical dimwitted lazy decisions so I haven't bought the pack and don't plan to.
    My point was that why not buy a game just because they took something out and you can make gay families in Sims 4. I mean EA is going to please whoever they market this game for. If they choose to take something out because they think its offensive to other cultures then why should you care? At the end of the day its a game and if they were smart they would have found a way to keep it in without offending anyone like make the culture a fake culture like in Sims Medieval they had fake religions. This game doesn't represent any actual persons life.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    If a religious object is included and interactable, the interactions shouldn't exclude the proper use.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020

My point was that why not buy a game just because they took something out and you can make gay families in Sims 4. I mean EA is going to please whoever they market this game for. If they choose to take something out because they think its offensive to other cultures then why should you care? At the end of the day its a game and if they were smart they would have found a way to keep it in without offending anyone like make the culture a fake culture like in Sims Medieval they had fake religions. This game doesn't represent any actual persons life.

Your argument is a double edge sword. I ask then, if it doesn't represent any actual person's life why would they need to remove it? Anyways. I'm over this, already said what I thought....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Your argument is a double edge sword. I ask then, if it doesn't represent any actual person's life why would they need to remove it? Anyways. I'm over this, already said what I thought....

Agreed. If the interaction wasn't that consequential or so unimportant why did it need to be removed at all? EA removing it was making a statement. The same logic that follows "its not a big deal that its gone" should also much "it's not a big deal it's in the game". That's a double standard.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2020
    If a religious object is included and interactable, the interactions shouldn't exclude the proper use.
    You can't interact with a Menorah in any way except to light or extinguish the candles.

If the interaction wasn't that consequential or so unimportant why did it need to be removed at all? EA removing it was making a statement.
    That statement being "We don't wish to encroach into socially contentious issues with messy and complicated historical context." I honestly can't blame EA for that.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Agreed. If the interaction wasn't that consequential or so unimportant why did it need to be removed at all? EA removing it was making a statement. The same logic that follows "its not a big deal that its gone" should also much "it's not a big deal it's in the game". That's a double standard.
    Ok let me explain to you in very simple terms. Its EA"s game so why are you pushing for something that is already out of the game? I bought the pack I see nothing wrong with it. I doubt my sims would have bowed to the shrine anyways so its not a big deal for me. I use the game as an escape so yes it doesn't represent an actual person its a game. There are things that annoy me in the game like not enough content to be fun and engaging for more then a week or month even I am not going to get all bent out of shape over bowing over a shrine its like who cares. This is a relax chill non thinking about real life problems game for me I would like to leave it that way. I don't really let my sims do much anyways they are always home.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited November 2020
    Ok let me explain to you in very simple terms Its EA"s game so why are you pushing for something that is already out of the game? I bought the pack I see nothing wrong with it. I doubt my sims would have bowed to the shrine anyways so its not a big deal for me. I use the game as an escape so yes it doesn't represent an actual person its a game. There are things that annoy me in the game like not enough content to be fun and engaging for more then a week or month even I am not going to get all bent out of shape over bowing over a shrine its like who cares. This is a relax chill non thinking about real life problems game for me I would like to leave it that way. I don't really let my sims do much anyways they are always home.
    Ok, any attitude is not necessary. We are all adults here.

Congrats, you bought the pack and see nothing wrong with it. Go enjoy your game. But some people do and thats why this thread was created. Just because you don't care doesnt mean I have to not care along with other simmers.

But people found issues with this non-thinking-about-real-life-issues games and petitioned for it to be removed. And others found issue with the removal. That's what this discussion is about.

At the end of the day, its just a game. But EA made it more than a game when they removed the content in reply to what some simmers considered offensive.
    Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on

edited November 2020
    That statement being "We don't wish to encroach into socially contentious issues with messy and complicated historical context." I honestly can't blame EA for that.

They also made a conscientious choice when they implemented it in the first place and then another conscientious choice when they removed it. I dont see it as being inclusive. I think its hypocritical. Thats my point. What I do blame EA for is the way they handled it, the lack of response for the Japanese simmers in favor of it, the lack of options with it now, the way it wasnt just removed from the Korean version of the game, and I attribute the actions of the removal to EA.

EA can control whatever they choose to put or remove in their game but they cannot control how people react to it, especially when they push a narrative that they are all-inclusive. Which lead to a thread like this being created and similiar ones to it.

• DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    You can't interact with a Menorah in any way except to light or extinguish the candles.

Lighting and extinguishing the candles is the literal practice of a Menorah. Even Christians know this.

You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • m3ukkiem3ukkie Posts: 45 Member
    I don’t see this issue as a religious problem. Sure, some Japanese Simmers seriously believe in the religion, so I never say all of us don’t, but I just believe that Japanese people usually have little religious belief and mostly tolerate the others’ religions and those kind of issues. Besides, we all knew EA has avoided a lot of exact religious objects in The Sims’ history. I rather questioned that point. Why did they add such accurate thing now? Because they believed it was supposed to be so, or they just thought it’s just a spiritual fantasy that no one cares? Either way, I think they didn’t try to consider enough, both of Japanese culture and the game.

What I got 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off and what made most Japanese Simmers go into a wild rage, I think, is this “inclusive” solution. Religion, culture, whatever, those words are too serious. It’s just how we are. Customs are formed by a certain number of people who have lived in the same place together through a certain amount of time. It’s a root of how you are, that you have to embrace and face from the birth. EA denied our way in the so-called “inclusive” way, supporting the other side, anti-Japanese people. It means EA is thinking they can modify the other’s way arbitrarily and make it favorable in its perspective. They should have at least asked us “What do you think?” before the modification.

I see this blind “Shame on your root” vibe sometimes, especially when I’m with privileged one, mostly wealthy Caucasians. When you consider changing your original name to English one, when you somehow feel relieved with no photo requirement on your resume, it’s totally “shame on your origin” moments. It’s sad you can’t be proud of your own, and you can’t spend normal life in the way you are without any discrimination.

Trust me, I’ve never seen Japanese Simmers cooperating such tight in the local bulletin board. At first, they said “we have to be just polite and don’t get so worked up. Certain people acknowledge our polite attitude, so they will pay attention to our voices.” But once they noticed that EA’s “inclusive” way was to support only anti-Japanese activists, and moreover, to ignore Japanese voices pretending nothing has happened, they started saying “OMG, we have to raise our voices otherwise EA will abuse us.” The reason why so many Japanese Simmers made new accounts here and posted their opinions towards EA without hesitating their English skill, including me, is simply because they were terrified by EA’s “inclusive” way. EA intervened our realm and cut it off from ours arbitrarily, without any respects.

I see this as a bad communication issue. We sent tons of messages to EA and posted many opinions to this forum. There is even a feedback thread from Japanese in the forum but we’ve seen no response from EA yet. It’s weird that SimGuruGraham surely wrote on his twitter “… we listen to them as representatives of the cultures that we draw inspiration from.” No, they don’t. They don’t listen to us at all. Instead, they build a wall, sending back only templated messages, navigating to the “Contact EA” page over and over, and deleting some big threads here. This “EA doesn’t listen to us” phrases are commonly seen among the feedback threads about glitches now. The ultimate cause of this issue is, too, that EA doesn’t care simmers’ voices anymore. If only EA had shown a “we are listening to your voices, Japanese” attitude, maybe many of them would have stopped barking and moved on. EA’s priority is now making a new pack that produces their profits. Even if a new one breaks the old features, they won’t care how Simmers feel.

The following is my opinion, but I believe that EA doesn’t care how Japanese simmers feel about this pack from the start, because, in my opinion, their goal was to mimic Ghost of Tsushima, the worldwide hit inspired from Japanese culture. It’s becoming a red ocean in the game market right now. They see this as a business opportunity, so they decided to make the second brew of tea. You know, in Ghost of Tsushima, there are Inari Shrines and Onsen spots throughout the open world. EA picked up the similar architectural style for the both objects in The Sims 4, while that kind of lighting is not that common for hot springs in Japan and was, however, originally used for temples.

Other than the religious issue, I personally think Salary person career is also horrible to play. Not only Japanese but also many people out there are right now going through tough and serious job problems in this COVID-19 period. Do you really want to face those problems in the game, too? Is that Salary person career in The Sims 4 fun and hilarious enough to be its gameplay? I honestly don’t think so. I believe that the devs thought “huh, what is that samurai’s loyalty to the boss in the modern age?” then, ding! The desperate workaholic was born, I guess. So, my answer to “Why such thing now?” in the first paragraph is because they just stole not only culture but also gameplay from the others.

They are no longer able to come up with the great idea of gameplay in the perspective of “what’s fun gameplay in The Sims 4?” Their priority is making money in the easiest way. They’ve stopped imagining how Simmers would react to their work, and eventually they’ve lost the magic to make their game fun.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    It sounds to me that EA wants to exclude certain lifestyle choices & only include the most popular ones.
    Personally, all lifestyles should be welcomed in the game.
    They allowed Gender Choices, Divorces, Eco Lifestyles, European/Asian/African/India/Middle Eastern but won't allow different Faiths or Aboriginals.
    That's just so wrong. :'(
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited November 2020
    Boy do I miss the good ole days when Sims was about Sims. Yes it simulated life but there was still a Sim quirkiness about the game. Now we have to have the right skins, the right pronouns, the right hair, the right shrine worship...

I have to admit, that I am getting tired of it. As an African American, I would like better skin tones but at this point I wish they would just make a good game. You know when I played sims 1 and 2, I was having a grand time not thinking about skins, hair, pronouns etc. Yes I had cc for skin and hair which was good enough for me. I wasn't focused on it so much because I was actually having a good time PLAYING. Now that we have so many people in CAS and never playing the game, there is so much focus on stuff that quite frankly would not be as important if the game was more fun. You hear that EA. Forget the inclusive business and make the game more fun.
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Boy do I miss the good ole days when Sims was about Sims. Yes it simulated life but there was still a Sim quirkiness about the game. Now we have to have the right skins, the right pronouns, the right hair, the right shrine worship...

I have to admit, that I am getting tired of it. As an African American, I would like better skin tones but at this point I wish they would just make a good game. You know when I played sims 1 and 2, I was having a grand time not thinking about skins, hair, pronouns etc. Yes I had cc for skin and hair which was good enough for me. I wasn't focused on it so much because I was actually having a good time PLAYING. Now that we have so many people in CAS and never playing the game, there is so much focus on stuff that quite frankly would not be as important if the game was more fun. You hear that EA. Forget the inclusive business and make the game more fun.

As an African American, I wholeheartedly disagree. Just because you were okay with the skins and hair on offer back in “the good ole days” doesn’t mean everyone was. I surely wasn’t. There’s been an ongoing campaign for EA to fix skin tones for years. People like to make sims that look like them and for a while many couldn’t do that. Should this be a major feature for the game? Obviously not. But these things matter to people and they really don’t take much effort. I assure you we’re not missing out on gameplay because EA finally decided to give the devs some time to fix that horrible base game afro and allow people more flexibility with their sims’ gender expression. Create-a-Sim is still part of The Sims, therefore, The Sims is still about the sims. That is until they have another go at an MMO format.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

I pretty much agree with this.I don't care about the skin tones.They are just cosmetic anyway.The white skin tones are not good either.You hardly hear anyone complaining about those?I want sims to go back being a game.Where you can forget about reality, and care about your virtual sims reality.You can have diversity still, just don't make it a main focused.
    edited November 2020
    Barbie430 wrote: »

As an African American, I wholeheartedly disagree. Just because you were okay with the skins and hair on offer back in “the good ole days” doesn’t mean everyone was. I surely wasn’t. There’s been an ongoing campaign for EA to fix skin tones for years. People like to make sims that look like them and for a while many couldn’t do that. Should this be a major feature for the game? Obviously not. But these things matter to people and they really don’t take much effort. I assure you we’re not missing out on gameplay because EA finally decided to give the devs some time to fix that horrible base game afro and allow people more flexibility with their sims’ gender expression. Create-a-Sim is still part of The Sims, therefore, The Sims is still about the sims. That is until they have another go at an MMO format.

Here is the thing...
    These guys can update skin, hairs etc until they are blue in the face and I GUARANTEE people are still going to use cc over anything else they put in the game. Let's face it, cc creators always have and always will do it better(thanks Xmiramira). At first, I was all in but I see this is starting to be more of a hassle than it is worth maybe because I didn't see a difference in the first patch. I remember opening the game and saying did they do anything?? Welp thanks for the Hispanic Heritage stuff..lol

I assure you that the time spent on updating skins, hair, pronouns etc will blow back on our pockets one way or another. Honestly, I rather they fix these annoying bugs and put some real gameplay back into the game. I think their time could be better spent elsewhere at this point like changing the babies to real sims and not objects, adding merry go rounds, kids able to play games like miss mary mack hide and seek, etc, a dating and attraction system, fears, burglars I mean if a vamp can break in..., and where is the pool party event, etc. But we can agree to disagree.
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    I pretty much agree with this.I don't care about the skin tones.They are just cosmetic anyway.The white skin tones are not good either.You hardly hear anyone complaining about those?I want sims to go back being a game.Where you can forget about reality, and care about your virtual sims reality.You can have diversity still, just don't make it a main focused.
    That’s a straw man, quite frankly. If you (or anyone that makes this counter argument, really) were unsatisfied with the lighter skin tones and actually wanted the devs to fix them, you would’ve said something. But the only time I hear this brought up is when people want others to be quiet about it. Like I said, if it wasn’t a problem for you that’s fine, but it was a problem for others and they chose to speak up about it. And guess what? Now EVERYONE is getting new skin tones, across the shade range! Not just the darker skin tones. Isn’t that great? No more of those disappointing skin tones you didn’t like!

My personal theory is that EA made a very calculated decision by choosing to make inclusion one of their main marketing tactics. They know the gameplay is lacking, so they pivot to putting more emphasis on diversity to draw focus away from it. That way, instead of blaming EA for the lack of gameplay, some frustrated simmers start blaming “PC culture” and “wokeness”. Meanwhile, EA gets to sit back to watch the chaos without having to change a thing. Pretty effective grift if you ask me.
    That’s a straw man, quite frankly. If you (or anyone that makes this counter argument, really) were unsatisfied with the lighter skin tones and actually wanted the devs to fix them, you would’ve said something. But the only time I hear this brought up is when people want others to be quiet about it. Like I said, if it wasn’t a problem for you that’s fine, but it was a problem for others and they chose to speak up about it. And guess what? Now EVERYONE is getting new skin tones, across the shade range! Not just the darker skin tones. Isn’t that great? No more of those disappointing skin tones you didn’t like!

My personal theory is that EA made a very calculated decision by choosing to make inclusion one of their main marketing tactics. They know the gameplay is lacking, so they pivot to putting more emphasis on diversity to draw focus away from it. That way, instead of blaming EA for the lack of gameplay, some frustrated simmers start blaming “PC culture” and “wokeness”. Meanwhile, EA gets to sit back to watch the chaos without having to change a thing. Pretty effective grift if you ask me.

You are right about them making a very calculated decision by choosing to make inclusion one of their main marketing tactic. However, I think it is causing them more problems than not. Have you read this thread or any other thread relating to inclusiveness...LOL People are just asking for more and more "inclusive" stuff and going "BANANAS" when something offends them. I am not saying people don't have the right but EA sure did set themselves up. They are not sitting back to watch the chaos. They have been forced to apologize for the skin, apologize for the shrine..LOL I am now sitting back watching EA change their game over and over and send out apology letters. They are certainly not sitting back and watching the chaos. They are right smack in the middle of it.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2020

Why would anyone want to make themselves in the sims anyways, the sims are meant to be an escape from real life, why would I make myself when I can create my own Tyler Durden, Tyler Durden is all the ways you wish you could be, they look like how you wanna look, they F*** like you wanna F***, they're smart, capable, and most importantly, free in all the ways that you are not.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited November 2020

As an African American, I wholeheartedly disagree. Just because you were okay with the skins and hair on offer back in “the good ole days” doesn’t mean everyone was. I surely wasn’t. There’s been an ongoing campaign for EA to fix skin tones for years. People like to make sims that look like them and for a while many couldn’t do that.

@Barbie430 But I do want to point out that a lot of people over-reacted with that. I do understand wanting to have skins that represent real-life but you also have to take into consideration the technological limitations that come with this. Neither the light nor darker skintones looks like real life skin but people are still complaining over the smallest details on the darker skin tones. To be fair, the white skintones don't look like real biological skin either and that cannot be achieved in a 2014 game made to run on low end computers.

I understand wanting to have more realistic skincolors in the Sims 4 and I support that but now there are people going like "oh do you see that tiny spot on the skin that looks kind of weird? That's not realistic! EA is insensitive, sue them!".
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59tAqTtVpXg

If EA keeps getting so much hate for being "insensitive", this is what their future products are going to end up like :lol::lol:
    I saw this skit and directly thought of the Sims 4 race controversies :lol:

Don't know how people these days can be so easily offended, has no one heard of the phrase "Imitation is the best form of Flattery", all this over sensitivity just boils my blood, I mean where are everyone's backbones these days, whatever happened to standing up for what you believe it, I don't care if I offend these Cancel Culture Fascists, long live the Revolution, I know might be ranting but you can't denied that there's some truth to it.

I laughed so hard at this thanks for sharing😂😂😂😂😂 it's so sad this is literally where we are now. I just sent this video to everyone I know lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    I wasn't going to insert myself into this argument but I really do this this whole inclusive thing has gone too far. I just want a fun VIDEO GAME. And I don't want to see anyone complaining when the upcoming packs are dry, boring, nothing risky or dangerous or scary, cultureless and basic. Because they are terrified of offending with no matter what they do.🙄 it grinds my gears because people are messing up my favorite game. Then complain it's childish and boring. No fear emotion no robbers no scary ghosts no zombies etc.
    I will never even see the repo man in my life because he only comes for unpaid loans or something and it's impossible not to have money somehow without cheating it to zero. Because peope didn't want their stuff gone.

Vampires and celebrities got nerfed. Now the invites. My favorite cc skins about to get broken in Dec. The bowing I had plans for removed. And other stuff they removed from the pack also. Modders found it in the code or wherever.
    The name of the insane trait had to be changed. And forget about disabilities now I know they will never touch on the subject.

So that barbie video posted by @temporalgod
    Is exactly what we will get from now on.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

As an African American, I wholeheartedly disagree. Just because you were okay with the skins and hair on offer back in “the good ole days” doesn’t mean everyone was. I surely wasn’t. There’s been an ongoing campaign for EA to fix skin tones for years. People like to make sims that look like them and for a while many couldn’t do that.

@Barbie430 But I do want to point out that a lot of people over-reacted with that. I do understand wanting to have skins that represent real-life but you also have to take into consideration the technological limitations that come with this. Neither the light nor darker skintones looks like real life skin but people are still complaining over the smallest details on the darker skin tones. To be fair, the white skintones don't look like real biological skin either and that cannot be achieved in a 2014 game made to run on low end computers.

I understand wanting to have more realistic skincolors in the Sims 4 and I support that but now there are people going like "oh do you see that tiny spot on the skin that looks kind of weird? That's not realistic! EA is insensitive, sue them!".

You wanna bet, when the new skin tones does get release .People are still complained because it's not up going to their standards.They they have in .I been saying the style sims 4 has is not going to be realistic.People expect realistic skin tones for an art style that is cartoony.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top