Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doesnt like flowers?!

Its love day and my male sim gave the female sim i made to be his love interest a couple of flowers but she liked neither of them OMG! idk what to give her that she would like shes has the sports enthusiast aspiration and shes super into fitness and has the health nut trait

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I have never had any luck with that interaction. I always replace "give flowers" with give gift. Which is still hit or miss (I'm not sure if it's random or if there's a connection between certain traits and certain gifts.) unless I'm giving a home made gift (from the crafting table) from a kid to a parent.
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    hmm i see i was also wondering if she might like candles if i made some just a thought
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Shes maybe had bad luck with men in the past so flowers wont cut it this time 😂, nah honestly though sims are strange about gifts, so my mum sim bought her teen daughter a laptop for her birthday a amazing gift I'd say, she gave it too her through as a gift, the ungrateful brat didn't like it, but she was happy too receive a book on her next birthday 😂
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    Its love day and my male sim gave the female sim i made to be his love interest a couple of flowers but she liked neither of them OMG! idk what to give her that she would like shes has the sports enthusiast aspiration and shes super into fitness and has the health nut trait

I have found that giving anything other than a rose, in the flower option, draws a negative response in both males and females. So, my Sims purchase the costly rose. Just a single rose. I found out when I tried to avoid the cliché.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hmm i had roses in my inventory already so i tried that and then a tulip, neither worked so i may try the expensive rose in gifts next time
  • Options
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Shes maybe had bad luck with men in the past so flowers wont cut it this time 😂, nah honestly though sims are strange about gifts, so my mum sim bought her teen daughter a laptop for her birthday a amazing gift I'd say, she gave it too her through as a gift, the ungrateful brat didn't like it, but she was happy too receive a book on her next birthday 😂

i would have kept the laptop for myself then ungrateful brat lol
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    You don't actually have to use the "Give romantic gift" interaction at all. Just get you sim(s) flirty enough to select the romantic social "Offer rose" - I've never seen it fail and you don't even have to buy a rose for it, but it does fulfill the "give flowers" holiday tradition.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    my sims havent gotten flirty yet lol i think its due to the single and lovin it lifestyle, even if they do flirty interactions a romance bar or flirty mood doesnt come up
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »

I have found that giving anything other than a rose, in the flower option, draws a negative response in both males and females. So, my Sims purchase the costly rose. Just a single rose. I found out when I tried to avoid the cliché.

My Sims exchanged roses on Love Day; he loved the rose she gave him, but she disliked the rose he gave her, which gave him a Sad moodlet. She was a Creative Neat teen, he was an Active Bro so I'm not sure if traits were a factor.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    its a pity we cant pick interests for them like in previous sims or they had hidden interests like in the sims 2 university i loved that,they could have their favourite flower or meal or music etc
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    You don't actually have to use the "Give romantic gift" interaction at all. Just get you sim(s) flirty enough to select the romantic social "Offer rose" - I've never seen it fail and you don't even have to buy a rose for it, but it does fulfill the "give flowers" holiday tradition.

Oh, that's awesome! I'll have to give that a try to see if it will work for my Sims, too. But, I'll have that very expensive rose in the inventory, just in case …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    In my experience, it's better not to give anything--if the other Sim doesn't like it, it can actually affect the relationship status
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    once i gave sim her dads urn and she didn't like it... :(
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free