Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I absolutely get irritated when I see unrealistic looking sims that are supposed to represent 'good' looking made by some people. Like those barbie sims with way too large eyes, teeny tiny waists and pointy hips. Same goes for males with overly broad shoulders, thick hips yet a small waist and then... a baby face :D I can't stand them :D

Dont forget the red noses, hetereochromia, harry potter glasses and colored hair.

Heterochromia I don't mind so much (I wish it was base game tho rather than CC) but I agree with everything else.

It's the obsession and the sudden hype that is annoying tbh. Same with everything Korean nowadays and knowing its mainly caused of something called BTS.. just no :D But you get it.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I absolutely get irritated when I see unrealistic looking sims that are supposed to represent 'good' looking made by some people. Like those barbie sims with way too large eyes, teeny tiny waists and pointy hips. Same goes for males with overly broad shoulders, thick hips yet a small waist and then... a baby face :D I can't stand them :D

Dont forget the red noses, hetereochromia, harry potter glasses and colored hair.

Heterochromia I don't mind so much (I wish it was base game tho rather than CC) but I agree with everything else.

It's the obsession and the sudden hype that is annoying tbh. Same with everything Korean nowadays and knowing its mainly caused of something called BTS.. just no :D But you get it.

I'm not obsessed with everything Korean, but I do have a soft spot for Korean culture, not because of BTS, but rather because a girl I had a crush on in elementary school was Korean but she moved away in fourth grade. I still have occasional dreams about her, even though I have a boyfriend now.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

I'm not obsessed with everything Korean, but I do have a soft spot for Korean culture, not because of BTS, but rather because a girl I had a crush on in elementary school was Korean but she moved away in fourth grade. I still have occasional dreams about her, even though I have a boyfriend now.

FOURTH grade??? Why dont you take a seat right over here...
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I know builders are all excited for platforms and all but as a live mode player I'm not a fan. They they cause the camera to bounce around while I follow my sims and it's kind of annoying. :#
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

That's completely fair. XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    I really dislike how every pack has either new woohoo or new death type.. WHY it is so great????
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited November 2020
    More popular than unpopular, but I'm really tired of how frequent things "break" or "malfunction" in the sims sure seeing my sim get crushed by the Murphy bed, the vending machines is fun or see them get "shocked" by the robot workbench is funny the first few times it happens. But to see it happen 90% of the time I decide to have my sim use those items is rather tiring, I just want my sim to be able to use those items without something "quirky" happen.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited November 2020
    I don't think Lifestyles add anything positive to the game. I've been playing with them for a week now and so far all I've seen them do is give my sims over powered negative emotions constantly. I don't think they add depth or fun to the sims personalities. They only seem to affect emotions not behaviors. It's possible that they aren't functioning right since they're new but I'm also not sure about that.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Another relatively unpopular opinion:

I love the automatic generated townies (the sims that the game randomly generates every save.) A lot of my favorite sims are from the townie pool, and look just as good (if not better) than the EA created Sims with minor makeovers.

My problem with the townies is that my game makes too much for me to keep up with. I can’t help but wonder (I’m no game designer or computer programming wizard) if there was a way to limit the amount of townies being generated, and if that would make the game load faster, improve the family tree system, an (opt-in/opt-out) autonomy system, and give us the improved memory system and content many Simmers want.

I, for one, would gladly get used to seeing the Windenburg gang and the Calientes at every club in game, if it meant better loading times and more intricate content in the foundation of the game.

Edit: I wrote this weird: what I meant was I think limiting the number of generated townies would give us enough “space” for EA to include all of those features in game with minimal strain!

It would be great if we had a choice on the amount of townies we got with each pack. I don’t know how many they add per pack..... let us choose ...2,5,8,12,15...that way if we get rid of some townies, they don’t just respawn new ones. I understand some packs like GTW, need townies for work places, that’s fine. But can’t they take some original townies we don’t play and use them? I can’t tell you how many times my postman has changed, I liked the original I had. Same thing with the repair people and the bar attendant, the barista and people working at the booths, etc...... or give us a choice, and let us pick if we want that person in our game permanently unless we delete them.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Sims 4 is a hot mess
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is:

Please don't hate me or feel like I am throwing shade on the Game Changers who helped with the building in the new pack. That honestly is not my intent. I love their builds in the past and I love how some of them do tutorials for simmers new to building and teaching them how to build.

Let me start I love the builders that they had to do the building in the new pack. I love their channels. However, prior to this new pack, I don't recall ever seeing any of them do a Japanese or Asian inspired build. Especially lilsimsie. I love her builds but she mainly builds Craftsman and Mid Century builds and the occasional modern or the even rarer Victorian build. This is not me throwing shade on her. I love her builds she has done in the past. It's just a style that she had zero experience with.

My issue with choosing them is their lack of experience with this style of architecture. They should have chosen builders including builders who are CC builders with builds on Patreon (like Harrie) or sites like The Sims Resource Center like Praline Sims to do the builds for their pack or Kate Emerald who has done countless styles of architecture in my opinion.

If these builders did a ton of Japanese or even Asian Inspired builds in the past I wouldn't feel the way I do about having them doing the builds for this pack. They should have asked Japanese Simmers who are in the building Community to assist with the build.

Again this isn't meant to throw shade. Just would have preferred somebody with more experience with that style build that is all.

Please don't shoot me or start cursing my existence. I'm just stating my opinion. I hope the next time they use builders in the community they get builders with experience building in the style they wish to convey.

I completely agree!
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Instead of adding a new whoohoo spot every pack, gp, expansion etc (whichever it is) they should rather be adding more romantic or friendly interactions. There are so many good ideas on the forum on that but instead you can now have whoohoo in a dumpster. Gross. The world is wayyy to obsessed with sex, instead what about more sweet romantic socials or extending those interactions in the social tabs? Much more enriching id say.

Exactly! Sometimes I just want my sims to have soft, romantic moments with one another :neutral: I wish we could get more interactions that they can do while doing OTHER stuff, similar to how sims can cuddle together while watching a movie on the couch. It's small interactions like that which I crave for in gameplay LOL
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    That lighting is such an underrated feature of the game, I rarely see anyone using it. Most other people I see just place standard lights everywhere and don't change the lighting at all, I love to create interesting lighting in my builds and make them look all cozy with it.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    To follow up on his lighting comment cause I agree.

I think ppl overuse the Subtle Saucer lights. I understand using it for some builds or rooms but in every room? Maybe try putting some unique ceiling lights, wall lights, or lamps to give your builds some more character.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    I love the Subtle Saucer Lights and I'll never give them up. lol They're bright enough so you can see what you're doing and they aren't In The Way.

I also love that nightlight with the stars shenanigans.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I think baby aliens are way cuter than regular babies. Alien toddlers are also super precious.

I like Alien voices more than regular ones.

Toddlers should have either gotten unique sentiments like they have moodlets or not have them at all, it’s ridiculous that one bad interaction could sour a toddler to a parent or sibling for longer than an hour anyway. This is maybe not unpopular?

Moschino is a better stuff pack than laundry. I love the hair and the clothes and the build/buy stuff so much.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I think baby aliens are way cuter than regular babies.

The human object babies have horrible eyes. I often look at them and wonder who designed them like that.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I think baby aliens are way cuter than regular babies. Alien toddlers are also super precious.

I like Alien voices more than regular ones.

Me too!
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I know there is a pack for Kids and Toddlers due to their lack of CAS assets, but I think there should be a pack just to give more hairstyles for male sims, since although they have a decent amount of clothes, they are poorly lacking in choices for hair (including facial hair) for male sims.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t really get the appeal of Reshade/its presets, it seems like a ton of work and I’d be too scared to screw something up.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I don’t really get the appeal of Reshade/its presets, it seems like a ton of work and I’d be too scared to screw something up.

I get it if you've never tried it, but ReShade is super easy to use and you really can't mess anything up.
    Duvelina wrote: »

I get it if you've never tried it, but ReShade is super easy to use and you really can't mess anything up.

I've had it for a while and I love the effect it has on my game but sometimes it drives me crazy. Every time I press the caps lock button it makes my game go blurry and I have to reload it. I can't seem to figure out how to stop it doing this.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

I agree, Reshade does absolutely nothing to your actual game. It is an overlay that only affects the appearance of how the game renders, it doesn't change anything in the game files, you don't add it to your mods folder. It's a separate program. It can also be used for any other game.

I use it to brighten up my whites and to tone down the overly bright happy colors that TS4 is known for so they are a more pleasing to me slightly muted shades.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I've had it for a while and I love the effect it has on my game but sometimes it drives me crazy. Every time I press the caps lock button it makes my game go blurry and I have to reload it. I can't seem to figure out how to stop it doing this.

No idea what does that. It might be one of the effects on your preset that causes it. I don't use anything that could make the game blurry so I barely notice it's there at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top