Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP - What are you most disappointed about?

1235...Next

Comments

• BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I am a bit disappointed that it's harder to take advantage of the snow activities; there's no direct clickable option for rock climbing and snowboarding/skiing activities. I have to have my Sims go to the Onsen and then walk over to those other activities. It's also strange but my child aged sims don't seem to get any sort of skill (motor or actual snowboarding/skiing) from those snow activities so it's almost pointless to take them. I also had an issue getting my toddler to get up the ski lift to the top to go sledding. It's not fun for anyone under teenage to participate.
  • LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    I feel it just lacks the heart and soul found in other Sims games where we go to cultural places. Like in TS2 and TS3 with Bon Voyage and World Adventures. It's all about the smaller details for me.
  • LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    One of the things I'm probably most disappointed in are the festivals, they seem so empty and lacking. They could have done A LOT more with them. After visiting each of them I was always just left with the feeling of "oh wait, that's it?".
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm now happy that the game doesn't lag anymore.
    My concern now is that I can't get my sim to go into the cave or buy a Japanese Robe from the Festival of Lights.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've only played for a few hours so I may have more little gripes later as I get deeper into it.

I would have liked...

Tea ceremony of some kind, even just something simple like everybody sitting down to tea together and chatting about their day.

Pretty new Tea Set.

More cabinets and matching uppers.

More kimonos, with fewer geometric patterns.

More empty lots for building. I'm afraid to delete any of the community lots for fear I'll mess something up.

Basically just more, more CAS and more BB. I was remodeling a house and was surprised to see so few new building options (paints, furniture, etc). This is an EP, I expected more of everything.

General gripes:

When I walk around in the city (lower part of the map) everything looks great but there were very few people. The rentals in the North feel very isolated, with no one around.

I looked at one of the rentals up in the north (think it was James') and was surprised to find nothing to entertain anyone other than a bookcase. There was a blizzard outside, my sim got so bored with nothing to do!

I loved the idea of my sims bowing at the shrine and was terribly disappointed when they removed that little touch. I feel they could have still included it as an action that the player could choose.

And finally, I couldn't find a fishing spot - is there one? I looked and looked, but all I found was the swimming area. If there really is no place to fish that is a huge disappointment for me.

I really like the pack but I just expected, well, more. More depth, more gameplay. And finally, I feel it was vastly over priced as an EP. It feels, plays, and looks like two small, incomplete game packs mashed together. I had that impression from the very first, and I feel it even more strongly now. I got it as a gift but I still feel it was too much money. $30 would have been ok, I guess, while for $20 it would have been amazing and totally worth it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Random school uniforms. I hate them.
  • IfIdieyoungIfIdieyoung Posts: 45 Member
    I'm disappointed with the apparent lack of integration with the overall game with basically all the new gameplay being contained to the new world, it just seems like if you're playing in any world other than Mount Komorebi you might forget you even have it installed. This makes it feel like more of a game pack to me. I had the same complaint about Island Living. Now granted I haven't bought the game yet so this is purely based on what I've observed from trailers and overviews on youtube
    Origin id:
    lisimpson93
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I looked at one of the rentals up in the north (think it was James') and was surprised to find nothing to entertain anyone other than a bookcase. There was a blizzard outside, my sim got so bored with nothing to do!

My sims had exactly the same experience, but they also had a toddler with them. Got them to buy toys, tablets and a game table from the mail box, but a TV would have been so much better. Also, I was disappointed that there was no kotatsu table nor hotpot in the rented house, think the gnomes might have nicked it.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited November 2020
    i know right
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I like the pack. My only criticism would be the lack of content for an expansion pack. I think it has more content than a game pack but not much.

This is the exact same criticism that has been posted for EVERY. SINGLE. EXPANSION PACK except MAYBE for Seasons.

Well if they weren't so lacking people wouldn't say they're lacking... They're charging 40 bucks for these packs and none of them are worth that.

For other games 40 bucks gets you a full game which has been worked on full time development for 1-2 years.

For Sims 4, 40 bucks gets you an expansion which has been worked on for probably less than six months, and during that time they're making other packs as well. The gamechangers who made the builds said they got the world to build in in August, and most the stuff wasn't even done then. So 3 months prior to release it was still pretty much in early development so that means most of it was done in the space of 3 months. That is not enough hours of development to warrant a 40 dollar price point.

Not sure where you live, but the price point for full price AAA games are 59 or 69 USD or Euros. In fact, many PS5 titles will cost > 69 dollars.
    A "Full AAA" has not cost 40 dollars in about 15 years. Even when Sims came out it cost 49.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @Simmingal - what do you mean unusable shells?

I mean the background buildings that are there just for background and don't offer anything for the gameplay

while simultaneously

1. limiting builders options with what to build on lots if they want to keep neighborhood architecturally cohesive
    2. making neighborhood feel like ghost town because the lots are not close to each other due to the fake houses in between
    3. annoying the heck out of me personally

i would have much rather had at least one of the neighborhoods with less of the fake buildings and maybe more of rural vibes so i could then

1. build whatever i want without visual clash
    2. pretend my households are only sims living there
    3. had more of those hiking etc vibes but living in the middle of that not in a town
    4. pretend its time period before those type of houses were built

As far as being limited with builds due to the "background buildings", I'm glad you brought that up, because as a builder that's what is annoying about some other packs too. Like when they don't include at least on area on the map where you can style houses nearby. This is the same issue that comes up with the recent Eco-lifestyle Expansion pack. It looks weird if you design a house that looks too different than houses on the same block in every neighborhood area on the map. Which is why I hope in the future, players can design their own neighborhoods and we can see npc's or other sims show up outside (or inside) of their homes, lol. Would at least seem more realistic.

We need a second empty map besides Newcrest, tbh. So many more lot types have arrived that we need a second one.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited November 2020

I mean the background buildings that are there just for background and don't offer anything for the gameplay

while simultaneously

1. limiting builders options with what to build on lots if they want to keep neighborhood architecturally cohesive
    2. making neighborhood feel like ghost town because the lots are not close to each other due to the fake houses in between

i would have much rather had at least one of the neighborhoods with less of the fake buildings and maybe more of rural vibes so i could then

3. had more of those hiking etc vibes but living in the middle of that not in a town

As far as being limited with builds due to the "background buildings", I'm glad you brought that up, because as a builder that's what is annoying about some other packs too. Like when they don't include at least on area on the map where you can style houses nearby. This is the same issue that comes up with the recent Eco-lifestyle Expansion pack. It looks weird if you design a house that looks too different than houses on the same block in every neighborhood area on the map. Which is why I hope in the future, players can design their own neighborhoods and we can see npc's or other sims show up outside (or inside) of their homes, lol. Would at least seem more realistic.

We need a second empty map besides Newcrest, tbh. So many more lot types have arrived that we need a second one.

IMO we need a new empty world that has a drop down menu to implement a THEME to the world. So if you have one save file where you want to utilize it as a spooky, foggy world or if you want a lush, forest filled world then it can use templates where it auto places that in the surroundings of the empty lots. Idk how possible something like that would be with this base game system, but it would be wonderful to have!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

while simultaneously

IMO we need a new empty world that has a drop down menu to implement a THEME to the world. So if you have one save file where you want to utilize it as a spooky, foggy world or if you want a lush, forest filled world then it can use templates where it auto places that in the surroundings of the empty lots. Idk how possible something like that would be with this base game system, but it would be wonderful to have!

yeah

and i don't want another newcrest though because newcrest is like worst background buildings offender for me

but id like if actually we could have one big world with many different theme options including ones with no fx buildings
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wish things were easier to find. The Interactive Map isn't really all that accurate. It was hard to find the climbing wall in the middle neighborhood only to find out that I needed to be at the basic wall in the top neighborhood, which was also hard to find. Maybe an actual map or info no where to find what might help.
    Okay so this is kind of in the topic of this pack disappointment but, has anyone watch Carl's Sims Guide's newest video? I really felt the disappointment in my core as I watched it :(
    Also, it is kind of disappointing that the kotatsu tables cannot be using as dining tables in restaurants. I really wanted to create a restaurant with a dining section for tea and conversation with them, but the game does not recognize them as dining tables for you to request when dining.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I wanted a functional tea set for my old dears while they knit 😂, we have laundry and knitting, why not a tea set lol other than that a love the pack
  • AmocholesAmocholes Posts: 1 New Member
    I really like the idea of the platforms in build mode. Adding different levels inside and outside a house adds interest and character. Unfortunately the platforms are difficult to work with.

1. When creating a platform it creates it as a room but removes any existing walls it comes it contact with. These have to be added back in.
    sometimes several times.

2. Enclosing a platform in a room or partitioning off a section of one, the enclosed platform doubles in height instead of remaining at the
    same height.

3. Stairs do not like platforms! Using platforms of varying heights next to stairs can cause the stairs to arbitrarily change height instead of
    remaining fixed to the floor. For example: Stairs placed to lead up onto a porch. Placing decorative platforms of varying heights next to
    the stairs looks very nice and gives places for planters or statuary. Continue building other parts of the building and the stairs change to
    the level of the highest platform next to them. They do not remain at the porch/foundation level.

That should be enough for now.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I would have love to see more of the japanesse culture in general.

More tradicional objects, ceremonies, dances, more cultural-related things to do at festivals as well... etc.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Personally I love the pack. I think they did a great job, especially on the scenery. I am not totally familiar with the Japanese culture except to say I've always wanted an oriental based pack and this one seems to fill the bill.

I love, love the skiing, snowboarding and sledding! I finally found the rock climbing wall, sheesh, and a couple of my sims are in training to climb the summit. I love this!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I wish walking together was added to all worlds.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love the pack. The only thing I really don't like is the random school uniforms. Please give me an option to either choose which ones I want my sims to wear or let me choose to have none at all.
  • LillieVanillieLillieVanillie Posts: 5 New Member
    I moved my sim to Wakaba and found out that's the only neighbourhood where it's not possible to go hike or climb. That's quite disappointing, now I have to travel somewhere if I want to do the new activities that come with this pack.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    The size of the world.
    It's doing double duty as a vacation destination and a livable world.
    I need more lots. It needs another district.

I put in a spa, a Japanese restaurant, made one home into a buyable vacation home.
    I wanted to put in a coffee house, but I don't have the space. I also want to put in more sims in the world for friendships or romantic relationships.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member

while simultaneously

True, I don't get why they have not added another one by now. Especially, if they are not going to add more lots to a game pack, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self