Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling hurt by someone nearby...

Comments

• justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I have a feeling Sentiments is going to need to go through a few tweaks and patches before it works right. My Sims who are close, and are the only two in the household, get Sad all the time, For everything! One has to pee really bad and is cross leg walking to the bathroom and the other gets sad because they are suffering. Then the other Sim gets Sad because roomie is Sad that they had to pee so bad and it is a terrible endless cycle.

That made me laugh out loud...but I agree with you, and that sounds incredibly frustrating D:
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Are you guys having mods?
    Because I have NO weird experiences with Sentiments at all. Admittedly I only play a childless couple (for now) but all they do is feel happy and comfy because they're in love and close to eachother. I don't even notice that it's "on" most of the time, they're just happier than they used to be.

Of course they have matching (2 out of 3) traits, which with Sentiments provide a happy boost, plus Best Friends (also happy boost), plus Soulmates (happy boost)...

Yes I use mods, but I've never had issues with sentiments between adults though, and not even toddlers until...Alissa lmao

They haven't been in the game that long though, so might at least be worth checking if the mods are at all to blame? But it's also possible there's still some general disregulation with sentiments. So far in my game they haven't been weird or overpowering but that doesn't mean they can't be (or won't be under certain conditions).
    edited November 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Because I have NO weird experiences with Sentiments at all. Admittedly I only play a childless couple (for now) but all they do is feel happy and comfy because they're in love and close to eachother. I don't even notice that it's "on" most of the time, they're just happier than they used to be.

Of course they have matching (2 out of 3) traits, which with Sentiments provide a happy boost, plus Best Friends (also happy boost), plus Soulmates (happy boost)...

Yes I use mods, but I've never had issues with sentiments between adults though, and not even toddlers until...Alissa lmao

They haven't been in the game that long though, so might at least be worth checking if the mods are at all to blame? But it's also possible there's still some general disregulation with sentiments. So far in my game they haven't been weird or overpowering but that doesn't mean they can't be (or won't be under certain conditions).

That's true, I'll definitely test them out :) thank you all. It's been causing me a lot of prolonged problems with her in particular. Her sister has the fussy trait and doesn't react the way she does. Her dad somehow managed to make her mad as well, so she spent her entire birthday party switching between crying fits and fits of rage. She's been like that throughout her entire toddler stage so far and I'm at my wits end lol
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited November 2020
    @spend4zen I can see it now...

“Alex, what’s wrong?”

“Well...” :'( “Three days ago, my brother brought his friend home from school... and they played Don’t Wake the Llama... and he lost!” 😭

“Oh, no! I’m so sorry! That’s the worst thing that could possibly happen to a Sim!” 😭
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    My young couple sims went to a festival and she had spicy food and felt uncomfortable - he felt sad because she was uncomfortable and his sadness lasted wayyy longer than her uncomfortableness!!!!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have a couple where the husband put on a horror movie, his wife joined him, got angry for hating the movie and then he was sad for her. I think that’s actually happened to me IRL. 😆
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

No mods at all for me, and it was happening with my 'independent' toddler. However, there did not seem to be any trigger to it - she practically woke up with it one morning. And I agree that it started after this week's patch. I wouldn't mind it if there is a real reason for it, such as her mother helping her with something instead of letting her do it herself, but if that's the case, the sentiment should be better-described.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    No mods at all for me, and it was happening with my 'independent' toddler. However, there did not seem to be any trigger to it - she practically woke up with it one morning. And I agree that it started after this week's patch. I wouldn't mind it if there is a real reason for it, such as her mother helping her with something instead of letting her do it herself, but if that's the case, the sentiment should be better-described.

Yesss, same. I noticed earlier today that as soon as she aged up and the independent trait went away, so did the hurt sentiment
    wr7jm5.png&quot

I spoke too soon. She now feels this way towards her little sister after another friendly chat.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    So far I have only had good Sentiments: Either "You are so fun to be around" or "You make my day so much better". I'll try to make an enemy just to see how that works.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Ok that's way too dramatic. A toddler that has this strong feelings towards her mother for probably something so normal to occur in day to day life. I think for certain relationships these sentiments should have a different or less strong effect. This toddler is already rejecting her own mother :D Come on..

Haha, but it actually sounds normal. :D Toddlers are super dramatic and get mad at their parents for silly things on the regular.

The direction this seems take for me, is that the toddler is seen as any other life stage which is a problem as they are clearly not.

Just for jokes, I imagine her eventually pack her bags and move out of the house, cause she is tired of her mom :D

Hey, just so you know, toddlers have feelings, too. I don't know about you, but I remember incidents from my own toddler stage of life. Yeah, I also see the image of what my world looked like when staring through the slats in my crib. As people, we just don't change that much from birth onward. I did eventually outgrow much of my clumsiness, but yeah. I'm still me. All of this to say, I don't resent EA for making the Toddlers basically a life stage and I wholly disagree with you that they aren't in many ways like other life stages. Of course, they don't have all the reasoning an adult would, but getting feelings hurt is almost part and parcel of being a person or a Sim, in this instance. Would they fully analyze the why of it? No, not really. But would they have such feelings. Absolutely.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    haneul wrote: »
    Ok that's way too dramatic. A toddler that has this strong feelings towards her mother for probably something so normal to occur in day to day life. I think for certain relationships these sentiments should have a different or less strong effect. This toddler is already rejecting her own mother :D Come on..

Haha, but it actually sounds normal. :D Toddlers are super dramatic and get mad at their parents for silly things on the regular.

The direction this seems take for me, is that the toddler is seen as any other life stage which is a problem as they are clearly not.

Just for jokes, I imagine her eventually pack her bags and move out of the house, cause she is tired of her mom :D

Hey, just so you know, toddlers have feelings, too. I don't know about you, but I remember incidents from my own toddler stage of life. Yeah, I also see the image of what my world looked like when staring through the slats in my crib. As people, we just don't change that much from birth onward. I did eventually outgrow much of my clumsiness, but yeah. I'm still me. All of this to say, I don't resent EA for making the Toddlers basically a life stage and I wholly disagree with you that they aren't in many ways like other life stages. Of course, they don't have all the reasoning an adult would, but getting feelings hurt is almost part and parcel of being a person or a Sim, in this instance. Would they fully analyze the why of it? No, not really. But would they have such feelings. Absolutely.

Not trying to get off topic but I remember pretty much just doing things autonomously as a baby/toddler. I didn't think, I'd just do something. When I was around...2 or 3? I used have a habit of purposefully dropping some of my toys into an aquarium full of goldfish (no fish were harmed). I was just tall enough to reach the top of the tank, and I'd do it so that I could watch the toys sink to the bottom, as it seemed really interesting at the time. I remember my parents arguing about how to discipline me and I knew what they meant/was aware and upset that I was clearly about to get in trouble. The upset feeling from being disciplined lasted me like 30 seconds, never mind over a week :(
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Adding to my previous post. I started playing an off-the-grid game with new Sims, and this time, I gave my toddler the 'angelic' trait. So far, she hasn't had the 'hurt feelings' sentiment. It does seem to be related to the 'independent' trait, given everyone's posts.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Adding to my previous post. I started playing an off-the-grid game with new Sims, and this time, I gave my toddler the 'angelic' trait. So far, she hasn't had the 'hurt feelings' sentiment. It does seem to be related to the 'independent' trait, given everyone's posts.

Glad you're not having this issue with the new toddler. Although I wonder if it's really that because so far, my independent toddler hasn't received the hurt sentiment. But then I've been very engrossed in Animal Crossing so maybe I just didn't play him long enough :sweat_smile: Keep us posted about the angelic toddler (I do know that my charming / angelic toddlers definitely didn't have any hurt sentiments yet).
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would say although I can understand why your bit annoyed, it is rather realistic, toddlers in real life get upset of simplistic things, they are babies, they dont understand emotions yet, that gets taught to us through time how to control them, learn how too know reason aswell, toddlers take tantrums when things dont go their way or they cry if they get told not to do something, its realistic game play that most of us asked for, chaos is realism I'm sorry 😂 and realism is also not having the ability to control everything
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I would say although I can understand why your bit annoyed, it is rather realistic, toddlers in real life get upset of simplistic things, they are babies, they dont understand emotions yet, that gets taught to us through time how to control them, learn how too know reason aswell, toddlers take tantrums when things dont go their way or they cry if they get told not to do something, its realistic game play that most of us asked for, chaos is realism I'm sorry 😂 and realism is also not having the ability to control everything

I understand, I've worked with preschool/kindergarten children years back, and I get how reason and logic have to be developed and at the time are not all there, believe me, and thank you for the explanation honestly. It's just...what bothers me about it is that it lasted her entire toddlerhood without waning a bit, and it got to the point where it made her own life completely dysfunctional and hindered (well, pretty much stopped) her ability to gain skills as a toddler, and generally interact with the world. I have yet to meet a kindergartener not being able to function in class actively and are constantly crying over being disciplined for spilling paint on the floor when they were 2, not to mention I still have no idea what mom could have done to trigger this.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

This isn’t what the original poster is talking about. There’s a huge difference between a toddler throwing one tantrum because they didn’t want a bath or something and having them actively resent a parent because they got upset about potty training or something once.

I know people weren’t happy that sims would get over cheating after the moodlet ended, but I really think it makes sense for toddlers to be that fickle. Sentiments make sense for older sims, but I think toddlers should be able to get over the deep upset of too many flash cards within the span of one angry moodlet, which is a few hours.
    edited November 2020

I understand, I've worked with preschool/kindergarten children years back, and I get how reason and logic have to be developed and at the time are not all there, believe me, and thank you for the explanation honestly. It's just...what bothers me about it is that it lasted her entire toddlerhood without waning a bit, and it got to the point where it made her own life completely dysfunctional and hindered (well, pretty much stopped) her ability to gain skills as a toddler, and generally interact with the world. I have yet to meet a kindergartener not being able to function in class actively and are constantly crying over being disciplined for spilling paint on the floor when they were 2, not to mention I still have no idea what mom could have done to trigger this.

The whole toddlerhood ?, well if that's the case the developers need too atleast shorten down the negative emotions for toddlers a bit, that is a bit much if it lasts that long, maybe only a few hours in game time of the toddler feeling hurt, or maybe when after an adult sim told the toddler off for making a mess for example , giving them a cuddle or playing with toys with them gets rid of that sentiment and replaced with something nice @QueenMercy @justdancerebecca
    Yeah, giving toddlers the same sentiments as older sims feels like a mistake. They generally don’t share the same moodlets, so they should have had different sentiments. The sentiments about them should’ve been different too, I’d feel different about a toddler dumping paint on the ground than I would about an elementary school child.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Sorry but I don't find toddlers being upset for a week over anything realistic, let alone for something small like not wanting a bath or being told it's time for bed. Or maybe mine were just angels? A quick distraction and all good from my experience.
    edited November 2020
    CelSims wrote: »

Sorry but I don't find toddlers being upset for a week over anything realistic, let alone for something small like not wanting a bath or being told it's time for bed. Or maybe mine were just angels? A quick distraction and all good from my experience.

On my other comment , I commented if it last that long then it is a bit much, What I meant on my first comment that toddlers have unstable emotions, they cant handle negative emotions that well or understand reason that well, that gets taught too us, its realistic for toddlers too feel hurt for no reason ie a parent telling them not to do something, if things dont go their way, I agree with you that having feeling hurt for that long isnt realistic for a toddler, i did also say that after a cuddle and playing with them should change negative emotions quickly @CelSims
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited November 2020
    My sims kids have been getting the same thing. However, I noticed that there is a meter on that sentiment and all the others that doing positive actions and friendly or funny actions from the apposing sim that caused it can take the meter down and it will fade and add a new sentiment. That meter appears in a thought bubble during the negative actions as a red circle.
    Adult sims get the same feeling hurt by someone near by too.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

BMSO wrote: »
    My sims kids have been getting the same thing. However, I noticed that there is a meter on that sentiment and all the others that doing positive actions and friendly or funny actions from the apposing sim that caused it can take the meter down and it will fade and add a new sentiment. That meter appears in a thought bubble during the negative actions as a red circle.
    Adult sims get the same feeling hurt by someone near by too.

I've been able to drain the meter as you've suggested with all other sims with the hurt sentiment, but I've tried everything that would normally help with her as a toddler and nothing changed, the hurt still stayed full. Not time, space, or positive interactions affected it at all. It did, however, drain normally once she aged up to a child. I'm not sure why
    wr7jm5.png&quot

The whole toddlerhood ?, well if that's the case the developers need too atleast shorten down the negative emotions for toddlers a bit, that is a bit much if it lasts that long, maybe only a few hours in game time of the toddler feeling hurt, or maybe when after an adult sim told the toddler off for making a mess for example , giving them a cuddle or playing with toys with them gets rid of that sentiment and replaced with something nice @QueenMercy @justdancerebecca

Yes, literally the entire time. :( It started on her first day and it finally lapsed a few hours after aging up into a child. It was unbelievable. She allowed mom to try friendly interactions that would go towards lowering the hurt sentiment and I spent hours trying before that, but it didn't budge. Maybe a mod glitch unless other people are experiencing it to the severity I am
    wr7jm5.png&quot

Doesn’t UI Cheats have a way to delete those? Maybe if you get another especially resentful toddler you can just get rid of any unreasonable sentiments.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top