Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever have little toddlers influencing older Sims in your game?

I play with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection ever since first release back in 2014, and I absolutely love it! It's my favorite game ever! Endless amounts of fun!!!

Anyway, I just found out that Toddlers can actually influence older Sims to do stuff. The Influence system is already a powerful feature in the Sims 2, so seeing a little baby influence an older Sim is quite intriguing!

I suppose this is how you can create a Super Toddler. The Toddler may be cute and all, but it can influence older Sims to do stuff, cheat on their spouses or make friends.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2020
    This has never come up in my game that I can remember. Maybe because toddlers need friends to be able to have any influence? But I don't recall any influence meter on the panel for them, but I might just be forgetful about that without a lot of coffee today. The only things my toddlers can do are things like ask for food, ask for attention etc., when I click on another Sim.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited November 2020
    Unless your games somewhat corrupted and is treating tolders as an older lifestage I don't believe Toddlers usually have access to influence outside of the usual attention/food. Similiar to pets there!

Influence + a Sim with easily farmable wants (like create a masterpiece from experience) is definately overpowered however. Especially when you just want to cause some Sims to brawl!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Unless your games somewhat corrupted and is treating tolders as an older lifestage I don't believe Toddlers usually have access to influence outside of the usual attention/food. Similiar to pets there!

Influence + a Sim with easily farmable wants (like create a masterpiece from experience) is definately overpowered however. Especially when you just want to cause some Sims to brawl!

Nah... I just checked The Sims Wiki right here:

Link: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Influence
    Toddlers cannot be influenced, but can influence other people.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Yes, I have had toddlers influence their nannies to kiss and hug strangers. And nannies are like "Sure, let's go!" and then I watch how they actually go and do that and of course fail.
    My toddlers never have outside friends to get any influence power. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Yes, I have had toddlers influence their nannies to kiss and hug strangers. And nannies are like "Sure, let's go!" and then I watch how they actually go and do that and of course fail.

Kind of makes me wonder why influencing to flirt and kiss are even there, it pretty much always fails.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    Maybe it's there because Will Wright was a huge fan of Sims failing so they could experience the harsher side of life >:)
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I think the only viable solution is if you have two sims that are best friends and you want to influence them to hook up, but that is only really viable on townies, as playables can just do it themselves without the hassle and point cost.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Haha I had no idea that toddlers could use that. I almost never use the influence system tbh, only if the Sim has the want to do so (during parties).
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!