Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best expansion pack ? Pick 1

Just for fun to get a general ranking of the packs based on your favourite lets see which wins... and leave a comment what you want expansion 11 to be ..

Best expansion pack ? Pick 1 154 votes

Get To Work (Mar 2015)
3%
crocobauraMLadyAzzerafullspiralbelpitaTS1299Wolfium 6 votes
Get Together (Dec 2015)
14%
CK213GoldmoldarimhappyAlrynnDijktafoneJestTruRubyxAngelsnoepjes1210DoloresGreyChadSims2MasonGamertwinklestick MDianaSimsmusteniLouise_G0325Justinsuperkyle221Atreya33EdithVSthenastia 22 votes
City Living (Nov 2016)
5%
Nh6650KhrisstyneHopeyStarrEvilyn_1007Rouensimsnetney52PlumbeebSayNoToGnomesHandel 9 votes
Cats & Dogs (Nov 2017)
5%
simgirl1010cchant86luthienrisingwhimsuLoanetRedShoe7TodilooPriestessBizarreUmbreon12 9 votes
Seasons (Jun 2018)
51%
Akl500PIcewolfalexspoom13alan650111IceyJOolonglongSims2fanx0xBlkBarbiegalaelias24JueJueAngel_mixTheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917Thunderbat87babajayneelanorbretonhaneulAnmirlaArkane 80 votes
Get Famous (Nov 2018)
1%
alanmichael1InuMiroLoverSeanBobbyG 3 votes
Island Living (Jun 2019)
5%
mikepapaycikBeardedgeekBabykittyjadesimmer4life3OnverserEnkiSchmidtPhillipaErdnussDrakosKerrigan 9 votes
Discover University (Nov 2019)
2%
MichelleWKomuraPurpleHeatherTuniam 4 votes
Eco Lifestyle (Jun 2020)
5%
freindlylolXOBABEXO3kristenleighwhiteStarfreeabelhinha35filipomelCelSimssecretblue3 8 votes
Snowy Escape (Nov 2020)
2%
Tinietwog01denswansmurf45blueBabblingStacey 4 votes

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Get To Work (Mar 2015)
    I'll be honest. While the pack is a buggy mess at launch.

This was the last Expansion Pack Level of Content for Me. Three Whole Active Careers with many animations unique to them, A new Alien Life state, A New Retail Side Business with perks and they even managed to include Aliens. This is the biggest pack overall.

The New Systems are the gameplay features. Major points of the pack. Not the Side activities or the skills that come with it. Baking and Photography are mentioned but they aren't being bragged as the "big one" feature but rather those new systems.

Compare it with the recent packs. Island Living. The Main feature? Swimming in the Ocean........ Snowy Escape. While I like it. The main feature advertised are the Skills... the Only Big new feature that could be an Expansion Worthy for me are the Lifestyles and even those are just one and not enough. Get Famous Brought Fame, Reputation, and Acting Careers, however the Reputation system kind off feel simplistic enough were you cannot see the different between a good and pristine reputation except with a change in relationship and a new party type. Not To Mention, the World was advertised as one of its biggest feature yet...

It is the second smallest world in The Sims 4.

So I'll be honest Not counting the quality of them but rather the size. Get To Work. It is the Only Expansion Pack Level of Content for me enough for be an Expansion.

Get Together actually comes close. It only come with one big feature (Clubs) and yet it is so well done and has the biggest world in The Sims 4 with many pre-mades, unique neighborhoods and more. I kinda feel that Get Together sets the bar of what Sims 4 Expansion Packs should have been.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons will always be my favourite. It affects so much in the game and adds so much with the calendar and events.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2020
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Tie for me between Seasons and University. I love and need them both.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Wow. The poll has such a clear winner. Seasons adds so much.

Snowy Escape is too new for me to judge yet.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons for me, followed by Discover University.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited November 2020
    Island Living (Jun 2019)
    Island Living, if I am only allowed to pick one.
    I never cared much for Seasons, 90% of the time it's just adding a layer of annoyance.

Anyway, I picked Island Living because it is the most FUN pack to play.
    However I consider Get Together and City Living ESSENTIAL packs that I would refuse to play the game without.
    Seasons I can give or take, honestly.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited November 2020
    Eco Lifestyle (Jun 2020)
    Don't hate me :). I know the NAPs are a pain & there are other things as well. But I chose Eco because of the fabrication, candle making, juice fizzing & new careers. BTW I think Snowy Escape will end up being one of my top three, along with Get to Work.
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons is my favourite pack but Discover University is the pack that I think adds the most to my gameplay (I am working on a sim with all skills, all degrees and all aspirations completed.
    :)

I love Snowy Escape but as others have said it is just too new to be compared to the others. Eventually, I do think it will become a close second to Seasons though. Purely because I love the theming.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Get Together (Dec 2015)
    I was tempted to pick Seasons, but honestly my favourite EP remains GT. It adds a lot to the game, imo, and by now I can't imagine playing TS4 without it. It is integral for the game to FEEL like TS4 to me. Seasons is very important and one of the best packs, yes, but I could play without it.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Get Famous (Nov 2018)
    Actor career and audio mixing are the highlights of TS4.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Island Living (Jun 2019)
    I'm biased because I have a love for tropical worlds, so Island Living.

Sulani is a really pretty world and I've enjoyed having my sims live there. It's the first ever Sims 4 pack I bought and it's the one that finally got me into playing the game after 5 years of barely touching it.

Get to Work is probably second, I'm honestly not sure why people are so negative about it because people always complain that Sims 4 packs lack gameplay, but then GTW is the only truly "gameplay-focused" pack and people spend most their time complaining about it because of the world. With GTW you get 3 active careers which are different and interesting to play with, you get an entirely new lifestate, you can open and run a shop anywhere, your sims finally go somewhere to give birth rather than just disappearing into the void and coming back with a baby, the scientist career is pretty good and keeps me entertained for a long time as my sim slowly builds up the ranks and unlocks new items until I can finally send him to another planet or get pregnant with an alien baby. It's just a pretty fun and varied pack imo, I still haven't got around to playing with it all as there's a lot of different stuff to do.
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Get Together (Dec 2015)
    I choose get together, because I mostly play in Windenburg, the world is so awesome. But cats and dogs are almost as good, because cats and dogs :D

I'd like an EP with a historical theme, especially medieval. Combined with get together and some mods I could create a very realistic Windenburg inquisition o:)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons but Snowy Escape and Island Living are a close 2nd and 3rd for me.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    One of the pack that feels like a true Expansion pack.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Get Together (Dec 2015)
    Get Together has totally changed the game - it gives you a level of control over other Sims and at the moment is the closest thing there is to being able to implement story progression without cheats.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    City Living (Nov 2016)
    Personally I love this pack, all the festivals, cas, bb items everything about this pack I love. On a non-personal level university is a very good pack and very versatile that’s the pack I’ve had a lot of use out of as i can send my sims to uni from home and have them work at the same time.
  • whimsuwhimsu Posts: 18 Member
    Cats & Dogs (Nov 2017)
    I am biased because I love my pets irl, so I choose pets. A home just does not feel like a home without some pets.
    After that though, it's the obvious seasons.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    City Living (Nov 2016)
    I’m always amazed to see Seasons getting so much love. It’s my least favorite of all my expansion packs, and close to the bottom of all my packs in general.

I love City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, and Cats and Dogs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Get Famous (Nov 2018)
    Get Famous was a day one buy and is still the only EP Ive bought at full price. Still worth every penny and at the time, Id really been creating stories with stardom and popularity in mind. So this EP came at the right time. I use celebrity sims ALOT.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons is the one that changed the way I played the game. Plus the world is so much more real with weather.
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons, the end.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons for sure. The game just isn't the same without the 4 seasons for me. Seasons will always be a must have pack. Although this time it was a hard choice with Get Together. I just love Windenburgh and the club system.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    Seasons, bar none. It genuinely affects game REGASRDLESS of your proffered play style, adds many VRY noticeable features and is in general very needed addition to game/
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Seasons (Jun 2018)
    It's kind of unfair to include Seasons in any favourites poll, because history proves that it will always win... :D Having seasons and weather in the worlds is just such an essential feature that affects everything, I can't imagine it ever being dethroned for me, even though I love Snowy Escape and Eco Lifestyle as well.

As for EP 11, I don't really care to be honest, not because I don't want or expect it to be good, but because I already have all the features I wanted from the start, and everything else that comes now is just a bonus.