Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What features in TS3 have you not tried?

TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
So, I've owned this amazing game for something like 8 years now :) Even though I don't have all the packs and I only own a fraction of the store content, there's still so much in this game that I've yet to do. Here's a short list of features that I haven't fully tried, or haven't touched at all, that I would like to try someday:

All the active careers in Ambitions. I'm currently working my way up the firefighter and medical tracks, but would love to have a crack at the others, especially the ghost hunter one!

The performer careers in Showtime. I've only tried out the singer career, and didn't manage to get to the top.

The acting career in Late Night. Also the celebrity system in general, and clubs and that sort of stuff.

Tomb-raiding in World Adventures. As fun as they seem, I haven't tried many of these at all. Same thing goes with the traveller reward system (I forget what it's called exactly).

• There are a number of skills that I've played with over the years but never managed to max out - logic, martial arts, charisma, and all the instrument skills besides guitar come to mind. Others I've never touched at all - like sculpting and mixology.

Of course, that list is not exhaustive, but we'd be stuck here forever if I was to try and type out a full one. Moving on, we have the flip side. Here are some things that I'm personally not interested in trying, or have tried but wouldn't really want to try again:

Pretty much... the whole of Into the Future. Back when it first released, I feel like the main reason I got the pack was because "ooh look, shiny and modern and cool". But these days, I don't bother enabling it when I start up my game, because the gameplay honestly doesn't appeal to me all that much. Except dip kisses. Dip kisses rule. :tongue:

The horseman career from Pets. I've only played it once before, and personally felt it was quite a lot of grinding. Not too different from other self-employed careers in that sense, but this one had rabbit-holes involved on top of all that grinding (taking part in racing and showjumping at the equestrian centre), which made things that much more boring for me.

Running a resort in Island Paradise. I've tried it before and it was fun, so it wasn't really an issue with the mechanic itself. It's just that the world these resorts came in had so many issues, and I'm not sure I'd enjoy just lifting these resorts out of Isla Paradiso and putting them straight into another world. It's not quite the same.

• The social networking skill from University Life. I've tried it before, but found it quite tedious to gain skill levels. And it would always annoy me how making a "good" post could cause loss of followers.

• Quite a number of the occult life states, including mummies (I'm only interested in taking them down!), aliens, PlantSims, and genies. They might be cool to interact with in-game, but I personally just don't see the appeal in playing them.

How about you? What are some things in TS3 you haven't tried but would (or wouldn't) like to? :)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’ve tried almost of the sims 3 contents but I tried Only ONE day for werewolf life. I’d like to try once but don’t know why my mouse doesn’t go for creating a werewolf or selecting wolff family. Haha
    Also the fairy looks awesome but I’ve been tired my fairy sim tries to do ‘chattering teeth’? to other sims. Even she got double minus from her non fairy boyfriend sim. I had her use potent cure elixir on herself, now she is a witch. Witch is better than fairy in my opinion.
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2020
    World Adventures: Never really tried Photography and Nectar Making skills. I don't think I will ever bother with photography because it seems too tedious but I eventually want to try nectar making at some point, alongside a full farming oriented household, combined with farming stuff from TS3 Store.

Ambitions: All these years, I never had a sim that had Stylist or Architecture as their career. I do not enjoy designing sims or homes in this game. I am probably like the only person who only plays for gameplay so I don't think I will play with those careers anytime in the future.

Late Night: I had Sims Jam with all the instruments with all maxed skills but never really tried the band feature. That's the only thing really. I will get around to it eventually because I really enjoy jamming and why not gain some simoleons alongside.

Generations: Daycare career is something that seems interesting every time I think about doing it but I never actually tried it for some weird reason.

Pets: I tried every pet type at least once but I don't really care about pets or animals in general. I don't think I will return to it at any point.

Showtime: I got a computer that can at least meet the minimum requirements of TS3 back in 2012 so this pack was my entry point to The Sims 3. This was the last EP for a long while which is probably why I tried everything that came with it.

Supernatural: This is my absolute favourite pack so I think I tried everything that came with this. Still play with features that came with this pack in every single household of mine.

Seasons: Probably tried everything here as well.

University Life: Never played with a Sim that is oriented around a single social club. In fact I have them disabled in my game. They are too annoying. Also never tried Street Art skill. I tried some features of the Science skill but didn't really try every possible thing that is there. I will probably do a Science oriented playthrough at some point.

Island Paradise: Isla Paradiso actually performs better than Bridgeport on my PC (after I fixed it of course) so I got around to playing with everything in this pack like last month and I loved it. (except sims resetting when exploring underwater caves)

Into the Future: My 3rd favourite pack and because of this I tried everything except the Arena Official Branch of the Bot Arena career and Astrophysicist branch of the Astronomer career.
    Post edited by Rsanda on
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    World Adventures : I havent explored all tombs, and some of the tombs that require backtracking, havent found the legendary item from china as well

Ambitions : havent tried most of the features except Inventing, Sculpting, and Firefighter

Late Night : Havent tried band

Generations : Daycare

Pets : Havent collected all small pets and havent tame unicorn

Showtime : All of it

Supernatural : Fairy

Seasons : Already tried everything

University life : Science and Plantsim

Island Paradise : Atm trying every features

Into the Future : the new career.

ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    A few years ago I decided to do everything in Sims 3. I've been working on it for a long time since then and have come to the conclusion it isn't going to happen. But I've been making videos of my progress and posting them to YouTube.

I haven't done much with the criminal career or vampires. There are a few lifetime wishes I've never tired, or haven't done anything with once I had a sim with that wish.

I use the badges to find new things I've not tried yet. There are a lot of incomplete badges in my profile still.
  • thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    I've owned this game from the day it was released, but there is still so much I haven't done. I have never played with the horses (but I mean to try during this play through). I bought Into the Future about a year ago but still haven't actually gone. Island Paradise is the only one I don't have, but I would like to get it at some point. I'm intimidated by the issues in the world I keep hearing about. I don't really enjoy traveling to vacation worlds or exploring the tombs, but I do like the skills and items that came with it. Like one of the above posters, I do not particularly enjoy building, so when I tried the architect career, I lasted three days and five jobs before I switched to something else.
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    World Adventures : I'm working on fully completing all the tombs now, so I have to finally complete martial arts. I've never really done nectar making.

Ambitions : Never been a firefighter, architect, tattooist, or stylist

Late Night : Never had a band and I don't play musicians much other than with the violin. I wish we had an electric bass (not a stand up one) and that violinists could join a band.

Generations : I don't play a ton with kids and never played as a daycarer.

Pets : I've never done the horse career or actually tamed the unicorn.

Showtime : I've never used these careers.

Supernatural : Never played a fairy, vampire, or werewolf.

Seasons : This is one of my favorites, but I'm sure I have more to do.

University life : Working on doing all six majors on one sim, but I've never had a PlantSim or really participated in social groups (other than cheats to get the career!). I finally have a pretty social Sim, so she's autonomously getting social points.

Island Paradise : I've done a lot of this, except all the hidden islands.

Into the Future : Visited, but haven't done much otherwise.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've never played a magician. I've played a sim in the film career in the acting branch, but I haven't played one in the directing branch yet. I've played sims in the music career in the classical branch, but never the rock star branch. I've tried all the Ambitions careers, but some of them don't work well, so I mostly avoid them now.

I have sent sims to the future, and they've learned the skills there, but I still haven't gotten around to having any of them live there long-term, join either of the ITF careers, or raise a family there.

I've never had a sim in the lifeguard career, but I've had 2 professional scuba divers. I've found some of the islands in IP, but never all of them. I've never had a self-employed photographer.

Most of these are things I want to do one of these days, hopefully soon.

I also have not had sims in all of the university majors. Most of the sims I've sent to Uni have been in Fine Arts. I really want to get around to doing more of the others, especially business, which I think is the only one I've never done.

There are a lot of LTW's I've never used, and traits I've never used yet that I would like to. I can't think of anything else at the moment that I haven't done but want to do, but there probably are some things.

Oh, I haven't had a sim repair the classic car from RH, but I'm planning on doing that one soon.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I have so many, omg...
    Basically I have all EPs but I never actually played World Adventures or Into The Future :neutral:
    When I started to play the sims it was about 4 years ago, at some point I purchased all missing EPs on a sale.
    I did use items from those EPs in other saves, but I really want to explore those EPs in a special save but don't have enough time for this...
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I've had the game since the beginning and I've only relatively recently, like within the last year or so, have started doing stuff that I've never tried before - like both branches of various careers, like the Criminal career, the Music career, etc. There's so much that I still haven't done because I just haven't tried the multi-generational households until like 2 years or something ago when I finally tried a legacy-type of household instead of just a max of 2 sims. I currently have a 10-generation legacy challenge-style household going where I only have the base game, a few mods, and some store content active. I'm currently on generation 7 with my heir as a toddler and she's going to go into the Criminal career track (the Evil branch) when she grows up.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited November 2020
    Because my sims are self-employed I haven't tried most of the careers. I tried a few in the early days but decided that work took away my enjoyment of the game. Because I like big families I don't want to try hands-on careers because I like to watch what they get up to during the day without favouring one sim over another and I don't want my sims in rabbit holes either.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Stylist career. Never had an interest.

I believe I’ve tried all the other stuff at some stage.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2020
    World Adventures: Haven't completed all the tombs
    Ambitions: Haven't played as the Stylist, Tattooist or Architect
    Late Night: Haven't played in a band or went in the Acting related Careers
    Generations: Haven't played as a Daycare
    Pets: Haven't done the horse career or caught any animals
    Showtime: Haven't played as a Singer or Magician
    Supernatural: Haven't played as a Werewolf or Witch
    Seasons: Haven't collected every Gnome
    University Life: Haven't sent any Sim to College yet (I was planning to send Medea to College in The Molyneux Redux Save)
    Into The Future: Haven't got the Legacy Statues or had a Sim in the Robotics Career

I haven't had a Sim in the following Base Game Careers: Medical and Criminal (Before December 2018, it was Medical, Military and Criminal Careers that was the Base Game Careers I hadn't tried at this point)

There are some Traits I haven't used yet

I haven't played a historical-based storyline

However some of those things (such as sending a Sim to College and the Robotics Career) I am hoping I will do at some point in the Legacy
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Stylist career. Never had an interest.

I believe I’ve tried all the other stuff at some stage.

You are missing out :o it is fun if you are a pattern creator that loves dressing sims anyway but 5 times as fun if you are evil.

You get to take those sims who wronged you in the past and get revenge

Hey I remember you now,you are that girl that kept pointing and laughing at me and booing me at the party.

Step into my station I will make you fabulous

:D Now take a hike....NEXT!!!

Haasd55.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    World Adventures : I have not fully explored each tomb. I want to, I just get frustrated when I get lost in a tomb and end up rage quitting because I can't figure it out. Same for the World Class Gallery LTW.

Ambitions : I don't do a lot of self employed careers so I haven't tried being a gardener, fisherman, painter etc. I like a lot of the active careers in this one, though.

Late Night : Never had a band, never tried any vampire LTWs.

Generations : I have never used the chemistry set or the baking table thing. I didn't even realize parents could read the children to sleep until recently. I've never tried having a daycare as a career.

Pets : Pretty much all, I have to choose between Pets and Seasons for my game to work and Seasons wins every time. I played it for a bit when I first got it but now I don't even install it. I think the only LTW I tried for that one was the unicorn one?

Showtime : I have never finished the Magician career but I love the acrobat and singer ones. This is another one that I have but it's not installed.

Supernatural : I have never played as a ghost. I haven't tried a lot of the werewolf LTWs (Leader of the pack etc) but I love witches and fairies and have tried all of those LTWs.

Seasons : I've never played as an alien or had my sim have an alien baby.

University life : Plantsim, a lot of the social stuff and LTWs. I mainly only use UL for the extra traits, CAS, and build/buy. I haven't had one of my sims go to University since I first got the EP.

Island Paradise : I am never, ever going to finish the Seaside Savior LTW. I have tried so many times. I haven't tried the Grand Explorer LTW yet, either but now that I have the fixed version of IP, I'm going to try it soon.

Into the Future : I have tried everything in this one but like UL, I only use because of the features not the LTWs or activities :)

It's amazing that there is still so much to try in this game after years and years of playing! <3
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Been playing the Sims 3 since around it came out and I still haven’t tried a lot I feel like.

Plant Sims from University Life
    Aliens from Seasons
    Genies from Showtime
    Acrobat career from Showtime
    Ghost Hunter from Ambitions
    Detective from Ambitions
    Pretty much everything in Generations
    I’ve never finished college in University Life
    Never found a Hidden island in Island Paradise
    Never got a gig in Late Night
    Never reached 5 star celebrity level from Late Night

That’d all I can think of that the moment

• ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    I have a habit of not finishing things. In fact, I don't think I've ever gotten to grandchildren with a family, so mark that down, and one branch in law enforcement is the only career I've reached level 10 in.

I've dabbled in a lot of stuff, but I'm a Jack of all trades; master of (almost) none.

Stuff I've never done is the following:

1. Supernatural. I played as a vampire for a couple hours and that's all I've done with the life states. I like the build/buy objects, but the occult just isn't my play style. I like realism.

2. Pets. Never had a horse, nor a unicorn. I have a family with two dogs, but I honestly never interact with them except to fill the bowls. My sims do autonomously, and that's the only reason they haven't been neglected. I had a cat in a save that I played one day and then never touched again.

3. Gold digging. I've never married a rich sim, let alone killed one. I should do that some time.

4. Scuba diving. It sounds pretty cool, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

5. Anything other than Sunset Valley. So many worlds to choose from and I always choose SV. I love Midnight Hollow for spooky builds, and I've built houseboats in IP, and that's not to say I haven't dabbled in the other worlds...but it's never been more than checking to see what the world has to offer.

There are still a million things in TS3 that I haven't done, but that's what comes to mind.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited December 2020
    Base Game:
    Anything Evil (Evil/Mean/Kleptomaniac trait, Criminal career, Gold digger/Criminal LTWs, etc)
    Jack of all trades and Heartbreaker LTW
    Death by Starvation

World Adventures:
    Anything Related to Mummies

Ambitions:
    Ghost Buster Career (I did it once when I first got the pack but only for a few days)
    Simbots

Late Night:
    Becoming a five-star celebrity
    Owning a bar

Generations:
    Teaching a teen to drive

Pets
    The LTWs to befriend 15 dogs/cats
    A pet saving a sim from death

Showtime:
    Acrobat career/LTW
    Box of Danger Deaths

Supernatural:
    Werewolves
    Alchemy
    Any of the LTWs
    Supernatural skeptic trait

Seasons:
    Freezing to death (had a few close calls though)
    Spontaneous combustion

University Life:
    Plant Sims
    Reaching the top of a social group
    New careers
    Vending Machine/Murphy Bed Death

Island Paradise:
    Mermaids (I may have played them once or twice, but rarely and for a short time)
    The Kraken
    Owning a 5-star resort
    Any of the new deaths
    Reaching the top of the Lifeguard Career
    Any of the new LTWs
    Discovering a hidden island

Into the Future:
    A few of the legacy statues
    That one career involving the bot arena
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I can't seem to stay focused on Sims 3 anymore, which makes me sad. I'm a family player, but I tend to jump into dating and weddings and families within the first week of gameplay. I need to do something different!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Currently I am updating St. Claire for all Expansion/Stuff Packs AND Store Premium Content. Gotta hella lot to do.

I barely "completed" anything in The Sims 3 so the list is too long
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Outside of cheating to test things out in the past I've never EVER used these lifestates/pets:
    Horses/unicorns, Simbot, mummies, werewolves, aliens (I've tried to get those however), all small pets. Horses just DON'T fit into any of the worlds I play. (that and I don't want to see horses getting around the ocean on boats in Isla Paradiso.)

For gameplay features
    Never did chess tournaments, martial arts tournaments (I just train MA to 10 and thats that), any of the showtime careers, all ambitions careers BUT firefighting (yeesh to using the stylist a few times a Sim day as a job, the loadtimes VS playtime would be horrifying), aging. It's always been off since Day 1. Pet breeding, Pranking, WA photography, EA story progression (I opted for mods to do its job). And the police career.

As for worlds, basically any world but Bridgeport, Isla Paraidso, Sunset Valley and the sub worlds like the WA locations (even thats rarely), the Uni CAMPUS and the future.

It's a shame, so many features look cool to me. But then it's still hard to try out a lot of the features when your families larger than 2 Sims with how often you need to then mulitask. I already find it hard enough to have my Sims leave the house nowadays so even the open worlds verging on almost never used by me!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • MetaDoeMetaDoe Posts: 9 New Member
    I gotta say that I have not tried ANYTHING that comes in Showtime. I only have that pack installed because I like the hair, clothing and karaoke options, honestly.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top