Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia: New Players Edition! Mafia Win!

Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
edited December 2020 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to your first of many mafia games! I'll be your host, Broncos :)

Do you like Among Us? It's the same concept. You've probably seen mafia games pop up from time to time in the off-topic chat. We decided it's time to get some new players to join in on the fun! Don't be shy! Everyone's going to learn how to play together and have a great time! And, everyone's going to have a mentor via pm to guide them, someone who's played before and can show you the ropes! So, what are you waiting for? Come join the fun!

So Broncos, what is mafia? I'm glad you asked!

It's a lot like Among Us. You have a good faction and a bad faction who need to eliminate the other faction to win. Instead of imposters, we call them the mafia. The crewmembers are called the town or townies. There are 3 phases: Pregame, Day, and Night

Pregame:You'll get your role (mafia or townie) and be paired up with your mentor.

Days:Everyone will talk here about who they think is the mafia. You'll vote by bolding the player's name you want to eliminate.

Night:The mafia decide which player they want to kill. You can't talk in the discussion but you can still talk to you mentor.

The game keeps going until one faction wins. The townies win when all mafia players are eliminated. The mafia wins when there are the same amount of mafia players as there are townies.

Here are some rules to keep the game running smoothly!
1. Please be kind to one another. At the end of the day, it's just a game. You may not agree with other players or even your mentor at times, but please respect everyone involved in the game. All Sims Forums rules still apply
2. Try to be as active as possible! It's way more fun when everyone is involved in the discussion! You don't have to be on all the time, but please try to come on a few times a day
3. Don't edit your posts or talk about the game outside of this discussion unless in a pm I made for you.
4. I will be pairing mentors with players based primarily on time-zone so you two are awake at the same time! Who your mentor is will be a secret, so don't say who it is!

SETUP2 Mafia goons
5 town princes- if a townie is voted to be eliminated, it will result in a no elimination.
Link

Links for more info
Mafia Info- This is a discussion put together by Keyenpeydee with more in-depth rules and some vocabulary terms for the game.
Example Game- This is a game already finished that's only 8 pages long if you would like an example of how Mafia is played

That's it! We'd love to have you join the game and our mafia community! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Time zone converter
Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Post edited by Broncos4life on

Comments

• Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    edited January 2021
    Players:
    1. @Simtown15 (Rowan) - endgamed - town prince
    2. @WhatCobblers - killed night 2 - town prince
    3. @luvdasims55 (55) - would have been killed night 4 - town prince
    4. @jonathan_1998 - eliminated day 2 - mafia goon WINNER!
    5. @aignaci1 (Andrew) - killed night 3 - town prince
    6. @DeKay - alive - mafia goon WINNER!
    7. @LeFrenchyFry - killed night 1 - town prince

Mentors:

1. @Mouselline (Mouse)- Luvdasims55
    2. @bellagorilla (Bella)- SimTown15/Rowan
    3. @icmnfrsh (Iceman)- Jonathan_1998
    4. @TheRoseHorse (Rose)- Aignaci1/Andrew
    5. @xSongx (Song)- WhatCobblers

@nerdfashion is our replacement!

Links to Days and Nights:
    Day 1
    Night 1
    Day 2
    Night 2
    Day 3

Final Vote Counts:
    Day 1:
    2- Frenchy (DeKay, luvdasims55)
    1- luvdasims55 (WhatCobblers)

Day 2
    3- Jonathan (DeKay, 55, Cobblers)
    1- luvdasims55 (Andrew)

Post edited by Broncos4life on

• MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I’m gonna post this on the Masterlist. I’ll also pm the new people included in the Among Us Mafia Game.
    I’m gonna post this on the Masterlist. I’ll also pm the new people included in the Among Us Mafia Game.
    Mouselline wrote: »

Thank you!

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I'll play.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Hi! Can I be a player? (I’m kinda nervous because I tried to join a mafia game several years ago and I ended up quitting because I got triggered.)
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    A part of me wants to be a mentor, but Im mot sure if I'm experienced enough (meaning like Idk if Id be a good mentor. I know I have the experience...idk of Im making sense...) Sign me up as a mentor for now. I guess.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Hi! Can I be a player? (I’m kinda nervous because I tried to join a mafia game several years ago and I ended up quitting because I got triggered.)

You can! :) I don't remember which game was this, but I'm sorry that you felt that way
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I’d like to play! I can be a mentor but like Rose I’m not sure how experienced the mentors should be.
    they/he
    A part of me wants to be a mentor, but Im mot sure if I'm experienced enough (meaning like Idk if Id be a good mentor. I know I have the experience...idk of Im making sense...) Sign me up as a mentor for now. I guess.
    xSongx wrote: »
    I’d like to play! I can be a mentor but like Rose I’m not sure how experienced the mentors should be.

You guys are definitely experienced enough! You’re both really good players and have played tons of times

@Dekay you are pretty good about recruiting people. Is there anyone who you think would be willing to join this game?
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Yes of course! I’m sorry about your previous game, I hope you have a better experience this time!

Also Broncos, you might want to close sign ups for mentors for now. We have 5 and we aren’t sure how many players we will get.
    Also Broncos, you might want to close sign ups for mentors for now. We have 5 and we aren’t sure how many players we will get.

You’re probably right

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    @Dekay you are pretty good about recruiting people. Is there anyone who you think would be willing to join this game?

I might have to take a look around but currently, the off topic section is kinda dead.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hello. Thank you @DeKay for the invite. Are you still recruiting for this game?
    I would really like to give it a go. Am based in the UK.
    I'm afraid I am completely new to this game and haven't heard of Among Us before, but have seen other mafias advertised and was intrigued.
    I'm not always able to reply straight away to messages due to my work shifts but I will do my best to chip in where I can. 🙂
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
    Hello. Thank you @DeKay for the invite. Are you still recruiting for this game?
    I would really like to give it a go. Am based in the UK.
    I'm afraid I am completely new to this game and haven't heard of Among Us before, but have other mafias advertised and was intrigued.
    I'm not always able to reply straight away to messages due to my work shifts but I will do my best to chip in where I can. 🙂

Yes we are still do sign ups:) and it’s ok if you’ve never heard of Among Us. You will catch on and you will have your mentor to help u. Glad u could join.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Thank you. Looking forward to it!
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @Broncos4life I'd like to play if you have a spot available. Never played the game before, but sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Dekay recruited me. I know mentioning Dekay's name probably will work against me, and ruin my chance to play. :o:#;)
    @Broncos4life I'd like to play if you have a spot available. Never played the game before, but sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Dekay recruited me. I know mentioning Dekay's name probably will work against me, and ruin my chance to play. :o:#;)

Glad you can play! Hope you have fun. And anyone can join:) whether Dekay recruited you or not.
    Hey @Simtown15 what are we calling you? Sim, Simtown, something else? Town would be too confusing because of mafia terms. Same with you @luvdasims55
    Just call me 55. Doesn't get much shorter than that. :)

On a personal note, I'm retired. So I have plenty of time to play. Doubt I'll be a very good player, but I'll be an active one. :)
    Active is what matters because you can’t become a good one without being active:)
    Question. Once a player is voted out, does that mean that player cannot post on the thread until the game is over?
    Yes pretty much. You can either be enlightened which means you learn all the roles people have or blind which is where you still are trying to find out who the mafia is but kind of too yourself. You also can still talk with your mentor and hear their thoughts. Or Broncos.