Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exciting Update for Skins?

When is the release date for the new sims skin collection coming out? I'm excited to see it.

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sometime in December.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    If I remember correctly, the skin update will be in the December patch. As for a specific date, I don't think that they have released that information yet. :smile:
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    If I remember correctly, the skin update will be in the December patch. As for a specific date, I don't think that they have released that information yet. :smile:

OK thank you
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I can't wait for the update!!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    December 8th!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm excited for a bug fix patch.

The skin tone update I'm not. I use custom skin tones because they look way nicer and this patch will probably break them.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Not really because the update will break all makeup, skin and probably tattoo cc. So no I will not updating to this mess. Because Bugfixes are more necessary than the new skintones which don't have enough light skintones.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Seeing how skin tones and body hair have zero gameplay I would like to see them address serious issues and there are plenty of issues.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The patch is supposed to arrive on 10th, I'm somewhat excited because of the content but will not likely have time playing it due to new game coming out on the same day :p
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    I heard they're getting input from cc creators for the skintones, so I'm excited for that. Hopefully everything will turn out wonderful.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Yeah im excited to see what else they break this time lol. Seriously guys...
  • IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    I'm not excited at all lol. This update will probably break even more mods, cc and overall game. Aaaaand I won't update my game. I'm still playing on the older version because I use some mods that don't work after latest updates. U_U
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm happy to have more skin tone choices and the sliders, but I'm honestly not looking forward to it breaking CC skins. I currently took out my default skin but I use several skin overlays, which I'm not sure if those will be affected by the patch or not. Plus, pretty sure all CC makeup will be broken too since they are implementing opacity sliders.

I put my game on pause for now until after the patch, so I don't get too vested into my story in case the save breaks or something. Plus, I had 2 crashes the last time I was playing that save and I got frustrated.
  • MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    It might just be my computer, but the cool skin tones look purple to me.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    @Mwnbeme I feel like all warm skin tones are red, and the cool ones are blueish/purpleish. Like they took the definition of cool and warm in color grading a bit too literally. I don't like this update at all :( I'm having a really hard time finding/creating realistic skin tones. And I've noticed the skin tone on the face is different than on the body.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,123 Member
    I have a question.
    Is the cool skintones supposed to look pink? And is the warm skintones supposed to look yellow?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,663 Member
    edited December 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I have a question.
    Is the cool skintones supposed to look pink? And is the warm skintones supposed to look yellow?

I have not installed the 100+ skins patch yet, but basically colors can appear differently on different monitors. One of my websites uses white graphics, but on my laptop they look pale peach = awful.

Might be possible to calibrate your monitor, or perhaps there is a new driver for your video card? I used to be good at these things, but jumped off the tech spec wagon years ago. Now I wonder what those skintones will look like on my system...?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Basically "Warm" leans towards the yellow and red end of the colour spectrum, "cool" towards the blue and purple. Often blue light will make skin look purplish or pink because of the red in human blood.

In-game, I use the colours on the lighting quite a bit! Really changes the look of places and people (Sims). Like for example, I used the purplish lighting here to give the bedroom a "cool" ambience lighting:

zgnNXsA.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png