Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims YouTubers

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    Also recently I've been a big fan of fakegamergirl, shes just a breath of fresh air with sims youtubers imo. She's not trying too hard to suck up to EA, or just raging about everything, or making the same boring "I built an ugly 5000 simoleon home where every room is a different colour!" videos every single day. She's just chaotic and having fun with the game which is nice for a change. This video especially was hilarious and so accurate, especially the intro, gold.

https://youtu.be/KjBU92ag_m0
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It doesn't surprise me that the YouTube community is disappearing. If it wasn't for the mods and custom content the Sims 4 would already be a memory. EA has washed it hands long ago of the Sims 4.
  • Options
    GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    I like watching DR. Gluon. He makes me laugh every time and he's the only one who seem to like what he's doing. Most YouTubers just build and never play the game. They don't know what regular players like.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Following this post so I can check out the YouTubers I haven't heard of.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    I've heard multiple simmer youtubers say that let's plays don't do as well anymore, but I think it largely has to do with how they do it. I wish there were more, but I'm also super picky with how it's done. I don't want to just watch someone hit record and play for 20-30 minutes, I'd like a little bit of the dull moments cut out. Also, they tend to start out strong with giving their characters backstories and stuff, but fall off quickly by forgetting about it.

I like Fantayzia's LPs, especially her Modded one (her Snowy Escape one is good too). She gives her sims backgrounds and personalities and she sticks to them. Whenever the game tries to take control, she works it into the story in a way that makes sense and is realistic to the sim's personality.

Aside from that, I do like discussion videos. Like, "Here's what's wrong with/missing from the game and here are some ways they can fix it" type of things. The bigger simmers are all builders because that's the most fleshed out part of the game and since the devs know that, that's where all the attention has gone to with packs and updates. I'm not a builder, so build videos aren't really my thing.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    I've heard multiple simmer youtubers say that let's plays don't do as well anymore, but I think it largely has to do with how they do it. I wish there were more, but I'm also super picky with how it's done. I don't want to just watch someone hit record and play for 20-30 minutes,

This 100%, I've seen Deligracy and James and some others do lets plays but their episodes are all so long and unedited that I just can't be bothered. Anything over 22 minutes is just too long for me and I have to really like someone to want to watch them for that long, the best Youtube videos for me are 12-18 minutes. Thats a good amount of time in my opinion, I'd much rather watch two 15 minute episodes than one 30 minute one
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    Maybe look for smaller simmer youtuber channels? idk but I'm not too crazy about the bigger YouTuber ones because its either Makeovers or speed builds which I don't really care for that much. And I'm also kind of tired of simmers using mc command to just torture their sims all the time gets old for me. I need to watch some simmers who actually play the game!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also recently I've been a big fan of fakegamergirl, shes just a breath of fresh air with sims youtubers imo. She's not trying too hard to suck up to EA, or just raging about everything, or making the same boring "I built an ugly 5000 simoleon home where every room is a different colour!" videos every single day. She's just chaotic and having fun with the game which is nice for a change. This video especially was hilarious and so accurate, especially the intro, gold.

https://youtu.be/KjBU92ag_m0

Just had to chime in and say... I hate those 'every room is a different x' videos too. If I'm watching a build video I'm doing it for ideas or inspiration and they do nothing for me.

The only Let's Play I've been watching is Dr Gluon and that's mainly because his laugh is so infectious.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Don't forget Juno Birch. She's fabulous! She mostly plays the Sims 2. She only posts Sims videos every other week though.

• Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I love watching GrayStillPlays. Simply because I love the ridiculousness of the little challenges he creates and his commentary. It’s just a silly video that doesn’t last very long but I’m pretty much laughing the entire time.

Dr. Gluon is another person I have enjoyed content from as well. He’s such a goof and also keeps me laughing.

I’ve been stuck on James Turner’s Big Wallet series. But as someone else mentioned they do tend to get a bit boring from time to time. Hence why it’s taken me over 2 years to watch the playlist and I am still about a year behind to catch up to anything current. I still do enjoy his videos. James’ commentary also gives me a good laugh.

Besides the 3 that I listed, I haven’t been really watching any other sims videos with the exception of Carl’s breakdowns of packs and patches.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    For Reviews or showcasing stuff

Plumbella ¦ LGR ¦ CarlsSimsGuide ¦ Onlyabidoang

The Videos are shorter and dont showcase every single detail. They also dont read every single thing off. Is also balanced. The good and the bad.

Sit and Talk opinion Videos

EnglishSimmer. (And Plumbella, but already listed her)

Gameplay Videos that i do watch sometimes

EnglishSimmer - Sweet storyteller and she actually finishes her lets plays with the said story. But can talk a lot.

Dr. Gluon - (hes funny and very entertaining and talented). I did enjoy his Star Wars LP (Caillou Ren xD)

AndrewArcade - He has a notSoBerry Challenge and is very creative

ClareShiobhan - Its a little bit over exaggereted, but i like her storytelling and she usually finishes her series for the most part.

• Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I watch Carl's Sims Guide for information and reviews.

I try to watch some build videos for ideas but they all seem too cluttered and stuff to download from the gallery and actually use.

I have become strangely addicted to watching Australia Man and Florida Man trying to be the last to die (in Gray Still Plays).
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    If I'm to be honest most of them went to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when TS4 came out. One of the reasons is that this game....just isn't good. It's entertaining for one or two hours then it hits you with boredom from it's repetitive mechanics, handholding, poorly designed gameplay features, lack of gameplay, limited worlds and lots and so on. The only good things it has are build mode and Cas and it's what most youtubers are doing now....no one can hold a let's play now, unlike before. It's true that the attention span of many people shifted towards more quick "dramatized" videos and youtubers follow what gives them the most ad revenue but the game itself doesn't help.

TS2 and TS3 let's plays are still to this day more prominent, because the gameplay is interesting and after a while we all get bored of watching some random people build things in TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I normally don’t like those “every room is a different x” build videos, but Vixella just did one where every room is a different level and it’s the best thing ever.

https://youtu.be/XFvm9Lwe9bM
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I started to play TS4 seriously this year and I started to watch some Game s but now I only watch builders or some players as this guy from Indonesia who has hard to remember name. To be honest the most oś game Changers has the same content, has nothing to say, some of them sound fake, and some as Pixelade tell how The Sims 4 is bad without any constructive suggestions. What is interesting noone has any video about major gaps in buy/build mode.
  • Options
    Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Don't forget Juno Birch. She's fabulous! She mostly plays the Sims 2. She only posts Sims videos every other week though.

I finally started watching her (binged all the videos in one day after going to hard at a wedding the night before) and I get so excited when she posts new videos these days! So funny!! And I always will love TS2 so it's great to see someone play with such reckless abandonment. :D
  • Options
    OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    I think there is a limited number of things one can do in The Sims videos, which is why people are coming up with gimmick stuff and more and more build challenges. Normal gameplay videos aren't very popular most of the time for some reason, I guess because it's not that easy to get invested into somebody else's Sims, unless the youtuber is really extremely funny, creative and charismatic.

What I would LOVE to see is a regular Sims 1 gameplay video. So much of Sims 1 content on youtube is "lol I don't know what I'm doing, I'll just go into different locations until my Sim's needs are at an alarming level, then I'll go home and eventually I'll probably just have the family die in the fire". It's just so infuriating to see a Makin Magic or Superstar video, click on it all happy about it, and then the youtuber doesn't even try to read what's on screen and has no idea what they're doing, and they end up not even starting the show-business career, not preparing any spells, not knowing how to duel... Come, on, why.

I know a Sims 1 gameplay video wouldn't be super exciting for most people, so I understand why people don't make them, but why make one and then make it bad and boring?
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    A couple of weeks ago I was bored, decided to see what was happening on Twitch-same farming for equipment on ESO and WoW, none of the simmers I watch live streaming, bleh- then I saw this young woman streaming a masquerade ball in the sims.

That got me hooked! Her name is Mira Rae and she has a yt channel where she is heavily into a royalty LP she started last year. Just got done watching all 100 episodes of season 1 and working on Season 2.

It's fun to see her evolve as a YouTuber and see how creative she gets in her storyline. I had to start watching because I didnt want to watch her stream and have no idea of any of the background stories ya know.

Cant jump into the middle of fandom without a life raft!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't necessarily think she's being fake and pretending its amazing, she's just gullible and doesn't do her research properly.
    I'd say she fakes it. Any time she does a cc pack review, she gushes about how much better it is than the official stuff, and how it's such a game changer... and then never uses it again. Then she'll shill a real pack, then never use its features again and might start bad-mouthing it after enough time has passed. I'm a fan of hers, no hate. But yeah, I'm not subscribed to her for her opinions.

Really loved her first wheel spin challenge though. The family tree and sims drama became so messy by the end. I hope she brings that back.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    They’ve been bland for years, after a while I turned away from watching YouTube gamers have the fun I wish I was having. And crated my own fun!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    It’s really a matter of hunting through the main pages of yt and digging deep. I Find smaller you tubers are more dedicated at keeping viewers and building their channel. Keeping up with regular uploads etc. There’s such a range to watch and not all of them follow the clones and do the same challenges etc.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    This started to happen to me with my channel. Playing Sims 4 was a pain and I dreaded recording my Sims 4 let’s plays. I ended up putting all of them on hiatus and making a full switch to Sims 2. I’m trying to get back into Sims 4 because a lot of my fans only play Sims 4 and they’ve been unsubscribing. Unfortunately, I just can’t get into it. It’s excruciatingly boring. I’ll still try to find a play style that works though. It just may take a while...