Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could only buy ONE of these stuff packs (for $5) which would you pick and why?

I need help deciding between these, but I'm only gonna buy one of them.

If you could only buy ONE of these stuff packs (for $5) which would you pick and why? 68 votes

Nifty Knitting
17%
alan650111OolonglongAngel_mixsimgirl1010bixtersannaliese39ChadSims2calaprfysilentcyborgEvilyn_1007doublenoodlesRouensims 12 votes
Laundry Day
29%
Akl500PBlkBarbiegalCamkatAnmirlajimbbqg01denswanKennziKaigeWinterKhirinmannannaAPottsSimsChica2013SummerStreakcalipossfilipomelChazzzyAtreya33munroelePreCiiousnetney52EliasVersace 20 votes
Kids Room
11%
haneulMDianaSimsmusteniTamakiSakura84comicsforlifeInuMiroLoverDaepheneShachaai 8 votes
Fitness Stuff
2%
mikepapayciksuvolta 2 votes
Tiny Living
38%
GoldmoldarIceyJPickledtiaraelanorbretonSimCarlexJestTruashcrash19taydevOnverseradduapinasillyangel0906ImSandsLiELFHorrorgirl6MiniMajestyPlainevilsuperkyle221SERVERFRAUncagedSongbirdizecson 26 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Tiny Living
    It gives a cool new challenge to build a home in a small space with the Murphy Bed, All-in-One TV/Radio/Bookshelf.
    The 20X15 lots & Ladders really comes in handy. And it's so cozy for a small family.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Laundry Day
    I don't care much for doing laundry but the build/buy items I use all the time.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2020
    Kids Room
    None of them rank in my top favorite SPs, but Id vote for Kids Room stuff. I do like the voidcritter themed BB (it helps that Im super into Pokemon), plus it comes in handy for decorating the house for my nerdy adult sims. Its not a $10 buy if you ask me, and I do wish older sims could use the battle station as well, but for half price its fine by me. Tiny Living gets an honorable mention mostly if you're into building.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    It depends on what kind of player are you. If you're a builder, I would say Tiny Living, because it gives a nice challenge. If you're a family player — Laundry Day, Kids Room or Knitting (but I don't have a strong opinion on this one yet, bought it only yesterday). Laundry Day items are nice, and I like doing laundry, but it can be of course repetitive and boring.
    I don't use gameplay aspect of Kids Room Stuff a lot, but I just love all the items. Can't decorate any kids room without it or Parenthood.
    Fitness Stuff is the weakest among these packs in my opinion.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Nifty Knitting or Tiny Living.

My first choice would of been Laundry day but it’s been buggy since forever and I won’t recommend it for that reason.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Laundry Day
    100% Laundry
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    edited November 2020
    Nifty Knitting
    I've got all except for knitting, which I'm waiting for a sale (played on friend's computer though!) like I do for all stuff packs.

All 5 are pretty solid packs, but if you're planning on getting/have snowy escape, I'd avoid fitness stuff, as the climbing feature is already there (though maybe that's an argument to get it on a deal).

It really depends on your play style for the rest. If you're a family player kids room is a must - the cas is great, the bb helps expand on the poor bg options, and the void critters are okay too, though I find some other packs more game-changing overall.

If you build interiors, both knitting and laundry day are good - unfortunately, I have got tired of the laundry function since, and find the cas hit or miss. Knitting is great if you like hobbies/crafty sims and elders. Personally, I've wanted an s4 etsy for ages, which is why it got my vote, as it's what I'd buy first over the rest, and having tried it, I love the cas and bb too.

Though I didn't like it at first, Tiny Living would be my 2nd choice. The murphy beds are definitely forgettable (the ghost/death is nice), and not as space-saving as advertised, but it absolutely shines when it comes to building, cas and the micro home features. With the smallest home, it's easier to get negative relationships (or reputation if you have gf), so great if you love difficult gameplay. It's also fun if you play rags-riches.

Edit: Well, since I finally realised there was a sale, I put my money where my mouth was, and am minus $7.50au , and plus nifty knitting 😉. Thank you op!

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Tiny Living
    Ooh, tough choice as I love them all. I chose Tiny Living as I adore all the build buy stuff and use it a lot, but all the other packs are good too!

It would be helpful to know what you already own, as some packs complement others nicely. Eg. If you have Parenthood, kids room would be great, if you have Snowy Escape then fitness would be ideal etc.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Nifty Knitting
    I think laundry day, Tiny living, and Nifty knitting are all solid SP.

-Nifty knitting- has a slight edge for me just because I really like knitting. I like having a new hobby, making craft items, and plopsy.

-laundry day- I like CAS and BB. I was surprised to like laundry. But I don’t put it in every household.

-Tiny Living- I’m not a builder but it was fun to try to make a tiny house. I like every single item in the BB.

- I don’t tend to focus on kids but it an okay pack. New clothing and kid focus BB. The gameplay item are okay but not something I use often.

- Fitness Stuff- is the weakest of all these packs to me. I basically only use tv workouts. I don’t care for CAS or BB.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Nifty Knitting
    It offers the most game play with knitting also giving you the ability to sell your knitted items with Plopsy, 2 new radio stations one being metal that gives a new dance for it, rocking chairs that can be interacted with by every life stage, cross pack compatibility such as clubs and cats being able to play with yarn and last but not least elders can reminisce. To me the other packs don't even come close.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Laundry Day
    Laundry Day, I like the extra challenge and the bit of realism that laundry brings to the game.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Nifty Knitting
    I own Outdoor Retreat and, with Nifty Knitting, I can buy herbal remedies from Plopsy, saving me from having to go through the whole visiting Granite Falls to collect insects drama that is the herbalism skill.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Tiny Living
    I voted Tiny Living because its the pack I enjoyed the most. My Sims, houses are normally too big, so it's been a challenge for me making smaller homes. Micro homes are great for starter Sims.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Laundry Day
    I picked Laundry Day but I really would recommend any of those packs except for Fitness Stuff.

I use the laundry day BB and CAS the most often I think from those, even if I don't put laundry in most lots. It's definitely worth it for half off. I'd still be ok paying full price for Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting though, so another reason to pick up Laundry Day while it's on sale.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Kids Room
    I all have stuff packs. Out of the ones you listed, I feel like Kids Room has the most stuff and since child gameplay is lacking, it adds a lot for family players. Kids can do puppet shows and have void critter battles (which involves collecting cards and leveling them up). There's also some cute hairstyles.

Fitness Stuff is surprisingly good as well. If you're a builder and want new bathroom items, the bathroom and light objects that come with fitness stuff are nice. The rock climbing wall is more relevant now because of Snowy Escape too.

Others have already mentioned Nifty Knitting and Laundry Day, but I think Laundry Day is not worth it if you don't care to do laundry. Still, I would look at the BB objects in each pack and see what you like best.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    Tiny Living
    I need help deciding between these, but I'm only gonna buy one of them.

Probably tiny living, since I already got the others besides laundry.Reason it has the murphy bed, a few nice combos that are great in apartments.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Tiny Living
    I voted for Tiny Living, but it was hard - none of these are my favourite stuff packs.

I don't own Laundry Day or Nifty Knitting - but I am interested in the knitting pack because it looks pretty solid. For laundry day all you do is laundry, so if that's something you want to do... go for it?

Kids Room adds a bunch for kids, but a lot of the objects can't be used once they're older. It does add good CAS assets, though!

Fitness Stuff really doesn't add anything new except for a climbing wall, which actually may be helpful if you own snowy escape, because the climbing wall will give you the rock climbing skill. Otherwise I only got it for some of the workout outfits when it was on sale however many years ago. The problem with the climbing wall is that it can't be outdoors if you have seasons because it breaks in the rain, and it's massive so it's difficult to put it indoors (this may be easier with the new platforms feature, but I had to add a balcony to one of the pre-built gyms that I could put the climbing wall under so it wouldn't break in the rain)

Tiny Living adds some great objects and outfits and is great if you're a builder. I'm not, but I've tried it with building a tiny house, and it's actually kind of fun. I also like the Scandinavian inspired clothing.

It really depends on what you want and how you play, though!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Laundry Day
    It has the most versatility. This was a very difficult poll though between this, knitting and tiny living. Kids room is ok but only really adds void critters, fitness stuff is a meh stuff pack there are better ones and I would say get it on a sale as a last resort pack. Heck I rate spooky and my first pet over fitness in terms of gameplay etc, cas and bb.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited November 2020
    Kids Room
    I would pick Kids Stuff hands down. I own all the stuff packs and it's probably my favourite due to voidcritters. It gives nice kids specific stuff to do with the battle station and also the puppet theatre. I've been currently playing twin boys who are void critter fans and it's been fun. They have been collecting the cards, looking for them in the bins, trading with other kids, battling together, training alone (also autonomously). You must want to play kids for this pack to make sense.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Tiny Living
    I have all of these except Nifty Knitting. I like them all, but Tiny Living is my favorite. I like the BB & CAS items, the challenge of building a tiny home, & the bonuses that come with a tiny house.

Fitness Stuff has some nice items & I like the rock climbing wall has been updated for SE. However, I use it mainly for the ear buds. They're great for keeping a Sim's fun up while they're at work, at class, or while they're doing any fun draining activity at home.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Tiny Living
    I'd always recommend Tiny Living. It's the only SP I've ever paid full price for and I don't regret it at all, in my opinion all the others are a waste of money even at half price. Tiny Living is a pretty good pack, I like the build buy a lot, the Murphy bed is nice and the added challenge of making small homes is nice.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Nifty Knitting
    Personally I’ve gotten a lot of use out of both Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Ah. I'm still not sure, I think I've narrowed it down to Tiny Living or Nifty Knitting, but I'm still not sure. This is a hard decision, but I'm still only getting one.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Kids Room
    For myself, the choice would be Kid's room stuff because children don't have enough to do and the puppet show theater and voidcritter station help.

I bought laundry day solely for the wash tub and drying line for my off the grid lots. Apparently only my sims without electricity wash their clothes. But I bought it for 50% and haven't regretted it.

I got fitness stuff in a bundle and I do like the CAS for the activewear category, and the climbing wall.

Tiny Living doesn't appeal to me because I am not a builder. There are a few items I want but not $5 worth.

Nifty Knitting I am putting off to bundle with SE when they release a new game pack I want. Since I just bought JtB at 50% off in October. So I can't comment but I look forward to someday knitting socks for my "no shoes indoors" households.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Tiny Living
    I dont have that one yet
    WbUrFQm.png