Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Its perfect <3! Thank you so very much!
    What program do you use to do your CC editing magic? :D
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @budewarmin I use a number of programs. And sometimes which ones depend on what's wrong with the mesh. I'll need to do a couple more explodey ones for Mallware later, and I'll document my process. Generally speaking, though:

-TSR Workshop
    -S3PE
    -Milkshape (and a few plugins)
    -Blender (and a few plugins)
    -Mesh Toolkit
    -GIMP, Photoshop, or any other similar software.
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @budewarmin I use a number of programs. And sometimes which ones depend on what's wrong with the mesh. I'll need to do a couple more explodey ones for Mallware later, and I'll document my process. Generally speaking, though:

-TSR Workshop
    -S3PE
    -Milkshape (and a few plugins)
    -Blender (and a few plugins)
    -Mesh Toolkit
    -GIMP, Photoshop, or any other similar software.

Wow, thats a bunch of programs though. :o
    edited November 2020
    @budewarmin I've gotten used to them all. But it was certainly overwhelming at first. Especially since I had never used any of the programs but GIMP before. :lol: I may have tried Blender once before, but if I did it was eons ago. :lol:

ps @Mallware I think I've gotten the rest of the broken stuff done for you. Still have the folder of QOL changes, though. I gotta test these in-game and I'll get pics and upload them when I know they're good. :3
    @budewarmin I've gotten used to them all. But it was certainly overwhelming at first. Especially since I had never used any of the programs but GIMP before. :lol: I may have tried Blender once before, but if I did it was eons ago. :lol:

ps @Mallware I think I've gotten the rest of the broken stuff done for you. Still have the folder of QOL changes, though. I gotta test these in-game and I'll get pics and upload them when I know they're good. :3

Well, you're doing awesome work with that knowledge :)
    @Mallware Here's the rest of the fixes. No more sinking or explosions. Most of these don't get along with morphing necklaces, so best to use with necklaces that don't use morphs. Or really any other accessories that use morphs, but necklaces most commonly do. :tongue: There might be some minor clipping and the shadows in CAS are a sight to behold. But they all held up generally well considering the amazing decimation process they all had to undergo. :lol:

Seriously, I'm not kidding when I say that these shoes (with morphs) were all in the 70k to 100k poly range. That is next level absurd for TS3. :lol: So when you consider these shoes all had to go through the decimation of honestly like 80% of their geometry, I think they held up pretty well and look pretty good. :lol: But, of course, your opinion matters more than mine, so just let me know if you're unhappy with any of it. :3

Pics! First, [to]GP:
    BHO5zqc.png

[to]illmaticvivicaplatforms:
    HXTc2vM.png

[to]hellboundplatforms:
    aXhBlMO.png

[to]brimfield boots:
    wHk29Vu.png

[to]VG TRACK BOOTS:
    gA5fAAn.png

[to] waynegladiatorsandals:
    WKcdwCj.png

I went ahead and packed them together into one file. So just one DL link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz4v5k1jh3eiyzu/MallwareFixedShoes.7z?dl=0
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Emily4331 I remember those shoes! And how completely borked they were. Great job!
    edited December 2020
    Hey there!

I was wondering if it is possible for you to look over this object I got?
    Don't know how far possible it is to fix it, but it has visible seams. Other objects from that set don't have the seams, just this one.
    Wonder if it can be fixed?

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2191665/

I pointed some arrows to the worst offenders. Definitely the blue one is bad as that is the one that allows me to look through onto the wagon itself. Its fine if it cant be made seamless, I guess I just don't want to be able to look through.

55f55f3d34e0e591af3be644ab883a2d0d0fed28.jpg

@budewarmin I merged some vertices together to close any gaps. Afraid that's all I can do here. The visible lines are two sides of the texture meeting. I'm sure there is a way to remedy this, but as I am not an expert (especially in the texture department. :lol: ) I can't be much help in that area. This pumpkin cart was ripped from some other game and uses those exact textures from that game, so they are presumably a lot more professional than any changes I'd make to the texture, so I'm not going to touch them. :lol:

But, you should at least not be able to see through any gaps any more: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhffno2majrx2z8/TOSPumpkinWagonFix.package?dl=0
    edited December 2020
    @budewarmin I merged some vertices together to close any gaps. Afraid that's all I can do here. The visible lines are two sides of the texture meeting. I'm sure there is a way to remedy this, but as I am not an expert (especially in the texture department. :lol: ) I can't be much help in that area. This pumpkin cart was ripped from some other game and uses those exact textures from that game, so they are presumably a lot more professional than any changes I'd make to the texture, so I'm not going to touch them. :lol:

But, you should at least not be able to see through any gaps any more: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhffno2majrx2z8/TOSPumpkinWagonFix.package?dl=0

Thank you very much, its much better!
    I can totally live with the texture seam as I can just see it as fake pumpkins, but my immersion was damaged by being able to see through. Now that's fixed :), so I'm happy <3
    @budewarmin Glad to hear it. :smiley:
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited December 2020
    Edit: nvm. You said you don't work with hair.
    Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on
    Hey Emily,

Its me again haha.
    Do you perhaps have some time to do your magic on 2 items I have? Those 2 items are converted s4 children clothes from ATS3 and both items have a neck seam. Could you give it a look over please?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o6ikqjbzcgxzmkm/ATS3_downloads.rar/file
    @budewarmin Of course! :3
    @budewarmin Okay, so going to go take a look at the ATS3 one in-game, but just to be sure - did you send the right files? As far as I can tell, both of these are the same conversion, just one is from ATS3 and the other a different creator. :sweat_smile:
    edited January 2021
    I see now that the creators are different indeed, silly me. I just saw the neck-seam on both and shape was similar yet colors different and I assumed it was the same creator :s
    But yes those both are indeed the correct files :)
    @budewarmin It's the same dress, so for the non-ATS one, you can just change the pattern and stuff to match the colors of the other one. :3

Okay, so the neck seam is pretty easy to diagnose in this case...the body isn't The Sims 3 child body, so naturally...the seams won't quite line up. :lol: In replacing the body, I had to refit it a bit (TS3 kids are bigger than TS4 kids. Assuming it was a TS4 kid body) so it doesn't look as snug as the old version, but I think it is still an improvement.

I noticed in-game that I made it a bit too big, though, so I resized it. Took a pic of that in TSRW, not the best place to take pics, but it was the fastest way to get pics of the changes I made after testing in-game. :lol: And I changed the tiling of the patterns so the stripes were spaced apart more akin to the original version. :smile:

Sooo neck seam:
    uySFqEr.png

No neck seam!:
    g7gpxnJ.jpg

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bn3hrq1xf8xepq/ATS3_clothing_CF_maxisweaterdress_sims4to3SeamFix.package?dl=0

Also, humorously enough, in my testing I didn't expect to have the original version in my game, but apparently I downloaded it at some point. :lol: So, hey, good on past Emily for seeing this coming apparently. :tongue:
    You're awesome <3 Thank you for fixing it :)
  • TsalagiMaharielTsalagiMahariel Posts: 4 New Member
    Are you working on objects? If so, can you help with this prob I have with a bed that looks fine in tsrw but in the game the mattress has odd lighting, the part away from the light is normal but the part near the light is really dark?
    @TsalagiMahariel I can take a look. Just post the download link, please. :smile:
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi! I have a piece of CC that is well made, but the creator made it have a default pose that the mailman also uses, but I much rather have clipping, than the default pose with the arm leaning so far out. Other medieval outfits I found have arms often leaning away from the body a bit, but it's always symmetrical. What I'm asking is would it be possible or make the arms leaning out symmetrically, or remove only 1 arm leaning out please?
    https://danjaley.tumblr.com/post/171754325373/feather-cape-outfit-tsm-to-ts3
    @Tangerine Of course. :smile: I'll take a look asap.
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you so very much, Emily. I also love the beanie look, you're redefining medieval fashion lmao

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top